Cornfed have I found you?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed have I found you?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Seems to me like this guy here is from the same age range and region as you, Corny, and he also mention eugenics at some point. Looks like you went viral! :lol:

Lol, jokes aside... the video is fairly insightful and probably will interest some folks here. The guy in it is more eloquent then the vast majority of online ranters using YouTube as their private confession booth. Worth a watch.

On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cornfed have I found you?

Post by Yohan »

deleted
Last edited by Yohan on September 23rd, 2015, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Good guess. I do think Corny is Scotch, and was probably strong academically in school.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Look at the view count :shock: , relative to his other vids.
He has struck a chord with A LOT of people.
With that many "did all the right things" TFLers on the loose, I'll be staying out of the malls and theatres a bit longer.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

I do feel for the guy in the video. A generation ago, he would have had the decent middle class lifestyle he wants, and the chance to raise a family. Hopefully, he can make some youtube money, and the story will have a happy ending.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Not me of course, but yeah it is a familiar story. Quality men are being screwed in this society. I would of course have some minor disagreements with his comments, but he seems to basically get it. Maybe someone should invite him to join this forum.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:Not me of course, but yeah it is a familiar story. Quality men are being screwed in this society. I would of course have some minor disagreements with his comments, but he seems to basically get it. Maybe someone should invite him to join this forum.
I'm slightly disappointed it wasn't you. But then again, I have yet to hear the guy mentioning race in any of his videos which makes it unlikely you're one and the same person. He does mention gangs, and how many people his age used to be delinquents.

If someone does invite him, try not to taint him too much. I think he'd do well if he went abroad, but it doesn't appear the poor guy has the cojones. Me thinks he's become too jaded living with his parents in this sorry state for as long as he has. It's tragic, seeing people waste their life this way. Something tells me he would do well if he went into TEFL teaching abroad, and he mentions the possibility in one of his follow up videos, if I recall correctly. So there's some similarities.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

As angry and ugly as that loser is, I think he is far and away above Cornfed who also tends to blame his problems on blacks when it is really his own stupidity that keeps him down.

Gotta love white male losers who blame everyone but themselves.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:As angry and ugly as that loser is, I think he is far and away above Cornfed who also tends to blame his problems on blacks when it is really his own stupidity that keeps him down.

Why do you consider the guy in the video a loser? He's a victim of society and the unjust corporate-system. Much of the West has extreme Social Darwinism that is causing many people to be unemployed and cause many men to be barred from ever getting any type of decent employment. Do you think everyone can be successful when the world has crony capitalism, women having flooded the workforce, Social Darwinism, and plutocratic elites ruling society? This period of history is like the Second Gilded Age and has a lot of Robber Barons. Poverty in America and other Western nations is reaching new records. There hasn't been an economic recovery, most people are stuck in a Depression, some people stuck in recession like situations if they were employed and are employed in average or mediocre jobs, while a small minority are and have been experiencing the greatest wealth growth in decades.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You'd be better off getting a lower income job, paying off all your debt slowly, while spending no money. Hopefully eventually you'll find a path to a middle class career. If you don't like living at home with parents as far as women are concerned, you can find a roommate somewhere who will help you pay the bills.

Don't be fooled though. There are plenty of women in situations just like this. You just don't happen to know them. There are plenty of women who graduated with masters in psychology, communications, sociology, journalism, etc., who have no real job besides babysitting for their neighbors and their friends.

Do you remember that women go for bad boys? Most bad boys are broke underachievers. What's the difference between a bad boy and a loser? The bad boy takes charge. The loser thinks he has to beg.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I'll give you an example.

My best friend's brother never went to college. He had no job skills. He worked odd jobs. Luckily for him, his younger brother (my best friend) had a career, and helped him get into that field.

During his time of underemployment, he advertised for a roommate. That roommate is now his domineering wife. She couldnt afford to have her own place either. So they moved into together as strangers first. Then over time they became involved.

Now, do you think that is possible for a loser?

The problem is focus and state of mind.

Just like what Quigon said to Annikin when he was a boy, the last time they saw each other (and not to recommend that you watch it, just that if you have, you should know this):
"Remember Ani, your focus determines your reality."
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Adama wrote:You'd be better off getting a lower income job, paying off all your debt slowly, while spending no money. Hopefully eventually you'll find a path to a middle class career. If you don't like living at home with parents as far as women are concerned, you can find a roommate somewhere who will help you pay the bills.

Don't be fooled though. There are plenty of women in situations just like this. You just don't happen to know them. There are plenty of women who graduated with masters in psychology, communications, sociology, journalism, etc., who have no real job besides babysitting for their neighbors and their friends.

Do you remember that women go for bad boys? Most bad boys are broke underachievers. What's the difference between a bad boy and a loser? The bad boy takes charge. The loser thinks he has to beg.
Not sure if that first comment is directed at me but I have no debt, I essentially receive minimum wage income each month, and don't really spend anything anymore.

Apartments are overpriced and America has a rent crisis. Even a person on minimum wage can't afford to rent with a roommate.

That wouldn't be a problem if most women weren't in the workforce which was typical for most of history until feminism. More young women have jobs than young men. More women are in the workforce than men.
Last edited by Tsar on September 25th, 2015, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Tsar wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:As angry and ugly as that loser is, I think he is far and away above Cornfed who also tends to blame his problems on blacks when it is really his own stupidity that keeps him down.

Why do you consider the guy in the video a loser? He's a victim of society and the unjust corporate-system. Much of the West has extreme Social Darwinism that is causing many people to be unemployed and cause many men to be barred from ever getting any type of decent employment. Do you think everyone can be successful when the world has crony capitalism, women having flooded the workforce, Social Darwinism, and plutocratic elites ruling society? This period of history is like the Second Gilded Age and has a lot of Robber Barons. Poverty in America and other Western nations is reaching new records. There hasn't been an economic recovery, most people are stuck in a Depression, some people stuck in recession like situations if they were employed and are employed in average or mediocre jobs, while a small minority are and have been experiencing the greatest wealth growth in decades.
He is an Epic loser. Anyone who has his stated credentials, yet cannot find any employment to the point of having stay in his mother's house, is a loser of epic proportions.

I get that people fall upon hard times, or temporary unemployment, but you would thing a PhD would have the resourcefulness and intelligence to transfer skills, move to where his expertise is in demand, or simply become a businessman instead of a loser "living with mom."

The worst part of it is that he is blaming everyone but himself for his condition which is another indication of loser status.

I am on the cusp of a very early retirement, but if I had a Phd. But if I were a Phd (especially in a STEM field), you can rest assured that I would not be living at mom's house. This guy likely has some mental illness that cause an "unemployable attitude."

So he is a loser indeed....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Tsar wrote:[quote="Contrarian Expatriate"He is an Epic loser. Anyone who has his stated credentials, yet cannot find any employment to the point of having stay in his mother's house, is a loser of epic proportions-
As a simian, you just don't get how it is for human men these days. It is not your fault. How can you?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:But if I were a Phd (especially in a STEM field), you can rest assured that I would not be living at mom's house. This guy likely has some mental illness that cause an "unemployable attitude."

So he is a loser indeed....
As you probably know, I'm neither a fan of Cornfed nor Tsar, however, this simply isn't true. In metro Toronto, there's an expression, where can one find the most PhDs? … flag down a taxi.

And the same goes for a number of US cities but it's not as bad as Canada, where many ppl have higher education but no opportunities.

In reality, a PhD, without other work experiences, makes one overqualified for many jobs out there. There are only so many HS teaching gigs and many of them are unionized and their members only have some masters in education. The same goes for college instructors. In addition, those exclusive national security jobs already have their recruiters scouring the MITs, Georgia Techs, Carnegie-Mellon's for code breakers.

My GF and I both have undergraduate STEM degrees, however, both of us know that beyond that initial white collar *entry level* diploma, everything else is about already having a pre-existing resume. Even the PhDs I'd seen in industry are more or less, glorified product managers. I even knew a few, who'd taken their PhDs off their resume, to get in the door, but then later, put them back on, to transition into management roles. In other words, it's a fancy MBA for them, not a real research demarcation.

For the most part, only healthcare training, like doctor(MD), nursing, pharmacy, or PA actually require some advanced education. I believe that had this person decided to attend medical school, instead of pursuing a PhD in the sciences, he'd be a practicing pathologist today, even w/o any ppl skills whatsoever.

What a number of STEM graduate students do, however, is take their PhDs off the resume, write Java/Python/Perl/C++ programs in their respective labs, and then, re-package themselves as IT consultants in those areas, using their laboratory as work experience than as education. As long as someone in the lab can vouch for their background, they can typically find contract work which can later jump start a career.

This is the reality of life.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.