Albuquerque, New Mexico - another not-so-Americanized city

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Albuquerque, New Mexico - another not-so-Americanized city

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I'm currently in Albuquerque for the weekend just to escape the rat race in Los Alamos. And I am seeing a more laid back vibe here than in my hometown. I did have bad experiences with the women here when I was in college, but now I've moved past that. Albuquerque is another not-so-American city, with its culture being three cultures in one - Anglo, Native American, and Hispanic. Albuquerque is more Americanized than El Paso, but a lot of the Americans here are the old-fashioned type. Earlier today, I went over to Old Town and struck up conversations with two good-looking American women at a gallery, and they didn't have the stuck up "don't you dare talk to me, I'm too good for you" vibe. The conversations flowed naturally. And they were also born and raised in Albuquerque. I even noticed there are more cultural things to see in Albuquerque than in El Paso. The culture of El Paso is predominantly Mexican, while Albuquerque, as I previously mentioned, has three cultures combined into one.

If I had to stay in America, Albuquerque or El Paso are only cities I would consider living in. Not only they are the two least Americanized cities in the US, but they're also within striking distance of Ciudad Juarez, even though Albuquerque is four hours north while El Paso is on the border.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Albuquerque, New Mexico - another not-so-Americanized ci

Post by Moretorque »

My step father wanted to retire there but my mother did not, he was a good bomb maker at Los Alamos in the summer months.
Time to Hide!
Anatol
Junior Poster

Re: Albuquerque, New Mexico - another not-so-Americanized ci

Post by Anatol »

Albuquerque is feminist ~ The only difference is that the females there are Hispanic, so they don't have the same level of misandry and 'I don't need no man' attitude that white American females have ~ YET! But this will change with the next generation as those females have children that are totally Americanised ~ it is inevitable. And all the Hispanic females are working at night ~ which means they are doing something very immoral for a woman ~ a woman should never be seen outside the home after 10 P.M., especially talking to men after nightfall ~ this looks very very unnatural!!
Dontbeacog
Freshman Poster

Re: Albuquerque, New Mexico - another not-so-Americanized city

Post by Dontbeacog »

I love Albuquerque. I just moved from Maryland for affordability, a better dating scene, and a more laid-back vibe. The women here certainly have some issues but it's nowhere near as bad as Maryland. Most women in Albuquerque, especially the Spanish women, don't act like men are the enemy.
Check out my site: www.DontbeaCog.com. Think for yourself - take control.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoeBigBaller »

edit
Last edited by JohnDoeBigBaller on May 14th, 2018, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoeBigBaller »

edit
Last edited by JohnDoeBigBaller on May 14th, 2018, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Dontbeacog wrote:
May 13th, 2018, 8:09 am
I love Albuquerque. I just moved from Maryland for affordability, a better dating scene, and a more laid-back vibe. The women here certainly have some issues but it's nowhere near as bad as Maryland. Most women in Albuquerque, especially the Spanish women, don't act like men are the enemy.
Now what age range are you talking about regarding the women? I befriended some college freshman girls back in 2012, and they were more immature than their counterparts my age who I met when I was a freshman college during the 2008-2009 academic year. In 2008, we were entering the Facebook era, but many people were still using MySpace. And only a few people had iPhones: most still had flip phones or phones with slide-out QWERTY keyboards. 2012, smartphones had already become mainstream in America, along with other social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, etc.

I've too noticed that Hispanic women in New Mexico have been more relaxed than the non-hispanic white women. And in 2010, I wanted to date a Hispanic girl who I've been good friends with since high school, as she was definitely a good catch, not to mention a rare find: she's an 8 on the attractiveness scale, not stuck up, dresses and acts more feminine, and puts family above everything else. But I got friendzoned because she didn't want to "jeopardize" the friendship by entering a serious relationship. However, she and I are still good friends to this day.
Albuquerque is indeed a pretty chill city. Lots of mexicans so that creates a more laid back vibe. Although I liked El Paso, it had a very passionate and exciting kind of vibe. And then of course right across the border in Juarez, you got legal brothels and sex bars, so that's a huge win-win.
I lived in Albuquerque for six years when I was in college, and I can tell you that Albuquerque doesn't have as big a Hispanic population that El Paso has because it's four hours north of the border; you also don't hear as much Spanish being spoken. However, one particular part of Albuquerque I enjoy visiting is the Old Town Plaza because of the Spanish colonial architecture (which in New Mexico is also combined with the architectural design of Native American pueblos).

Since the early 20th century, many buildings in New Mexico have been designed in the Pueblo revival style. If you go on to the UNM campus, you'll see a lot of pueblo-style buildings. And Santa Fe has a law mandating that buildings be in either the Territorial or Pueblo styles; that's why you don't see high-rise buildings there, unlike Albuquerque or Las Cruces.

If you haven't already been, I recommend visiting Santa Fe. That's where you'll see more Spanish-pueblo style buildings. And it's only 50 miles north of Albuquerque. Definitely check out the historic plaza; not only because of the architecture, it has very good street food (burritos and fajitas) as well. I strongly recommend taking the Rail Runner commuter train from Albuquerque instead of driving, particularly if you want to see the historic plaza. Santa Fe can be a tough place to drive in, especially in the downtown area as well as during the summer when tourists flock there in droves. Plus, the Rail Runner is more economical. Last but not least, I suggest only doing a day trip to Santa Fe and back to Albuquerque. Hotels near downtown are very expensive.
Dontbeacog
Freshman Poster

Post by Dontbeacog »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
May 13th, 2018, 10:23 pm
Now what age range are you talking about regarding the women? I befriended some college freshman girls back in 2012, and they were more immature than their counterparts my age who I met when I was a freshman college during the 2008-2009 academic year. In 2008, we were entering the Facebook era, but many people were still using MySpace. And only a few people had iPhones: most still had flip phones or phones with slide-out QWERTY keyboards. 2012, smartphones had already become mainstream in America, along with other social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, etc.

I've too noticed that Hispanic women in New Mexico have been more relaxed than the non-hispanic white women. And in 2010, I wanted to date a Hispanic girl who I've been good friends with since high school, as she was definitely a good catch, not to mention a rare find: she's an 8 on the attractiveness scale, not stuck up, dresses and acts more feminine, and puts family above everything else. But I got friendzoned because she didn't want to "jeopardize" the friendship by entering a serious relationship. However, she and I are still good friends to this day.
Well, still new here and still sizing it up, but the age range I'm looking for is roughly 25-29 since I'm 31. You are right about ethnicity, the Hispanic girls are better looking and way less hostile to men than the white girls (I say this as a white guy). Sadly, white girls who don't live in the middle of nowhere seem pretty messed up now no matter where you go. I am seeing the same white girl snobbery I saw in Maryland. It's not as bad here, but noticeable enough to turn me off.

I love the whole land of mañana/chill vibe. Very welcome contrast from the rat race of MD/DC.
Check out my site: www.DontbeaCog.com. Think for yourself - take control.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Dontbeacog wrote:
May 14th, 2018, 5:22 pm
I love the whole land of mañana/chill vibe. Very welcome contrast from the rat race of MD/DC.
Los Alamos, the small mountain town on the eastern slopes of the Jemez mountains known for its research laboratories, has more of a rat-race vibe unlike Albuquerque and Santa Fe. The people there tend to be quite judgmental. Many students who graduate Los Alamos High School are very career-driven, and they go to top univetsities like UCSD, UCLA, or UC Berkeley.