Employment: Extroverts vs. Introverts

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Employment: Extroverts vs. Introverts

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:So because some people/simians/organizations out of a continent of hundreds of millions can come up with a few thousand dollars, this means that everyone in the West must be rich? You must have a brain the size of a walnut.
Refugees, people poor as f**k, from war zones where half the country lies in ruin, are able to cough up thousands of dollars\euros to get smuggled into the West in little boats that for many results in a watery grave. If some poor bastards in Libya, Syria and Western Africa can afford this, a few thousand dollar for a Western man should not be too much of a bother. American and Europeans have way more opportunities to make money.

Does this mean everyone in the West? Of course not. Far from it. Even in the West there are people who live in abject poverty, often through no fault of their own. But the whole rags-to-riches shtick works a lot better there then it does in the Third World.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Cornfed wrote:So because some people/simians/organizations out of a continent of hundreds of millions can come up with a few thousand dollars, this means that everyone in the West must be rich? You must have a brain the size of a walnut.
Refugees, people poor as f**k, from war zones where half the country lies in ruin, are able to cough up thousands of dollars\euros to get smuggled into the West in little boats that for many results in a watery grave. If some poor bastards in Libya, Syria and Western Africa can afford this, a few thousand dollar for a Western man should not be too much of a bother. American and Europeans have way more opportunities to make money.
Actually, when you get past the starving multitudes, people in the third world are often vastly richer than their Western counterparts these days. For example, these days you would likely do better business buying gold plate in Vienna and selling it in Bangkok than the other way around.
Does this mean everyone in the West? Of course not. Far from it. Even in the West there are people who live in abject poverty, often through no fault of their own. But the whole rags-to-riches shtick works a lot better there then it does in the Third World.
No, often it doesn't, because the markets in the West tend to be more mature and sewn up by the big guys. There is also the problem of small businessmen who used to be making money in the good old days now trading at a loss because they don't want to admit defeat. The average person really can't break into a market like that.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Cornfed wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
droid wrote:As far as money goes, its' been what? 7 years since you left high school? WHat have you done all this time? how come you don't have five or six grand saved? Well, take away four years since you attended college, but still.
In the town where I live, about half the population of any age couldn’t come up with $1k if their life depended on it. The explanation is simple - people are mostly broke now, and most of the rest will also be broke in a short time. If your only options are peanuts paying jobs punctuated by periods of unemployment with ever increasing costs then you are not going to be saving a lot of money.
Oh please, I have clients in Africa paying €5,000 invoices for widgets and they have the money.
You're out of excuses and running on bullshit at this point.
So because some people/simians/organizations out of a continent of hundreds of millions can come up with a few thousand dollars, this means that everyone in the West must be rich? You must have a brain the size of a walnut.
There's a billion people in Africa smartass. Go cry about your miserableness you f***ing loser.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

MarcosZeitola wrote:

This is what I mean Marcos, these guys are making up excuses and like to live the "woe is me" lifestyle and congregate together on the internet.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Ghost wrote:
xiongmao wrote:You don't need a CELTA to teach in China, but it helps.

I'm doing the part time CELTA right now (2 days a week) and almost everyone on my course have jobs.

The CELTA is a good thing to get though - you'll learn a lot and 120 hours in the classroom learning from highly experienced teachers and observing your peers is way better than any online course. Plus we're teaching real, paying students which is far more realistic than just teaching each other like we did on my TEFL course.
Yes, definitely. It's good these days to get a TEFL or CELTA. If one wants to stay in the field long term, it is all but necessary. I don't think Tsar would ever do this long term...if he ever does it at all. And he won't need it for Northern China. He's got a degree, and he says he is good looking. So he's set for this.
But he can't even step outside his door...
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Tsar wrote:Are there more extroverted men employed in America compared to introverted men? (especially among Millennials) What do you think?
I suspect yes. Silicon Valley is full of talking heads who can't write one line of code. I would also say there are many introverts who force themselves to be extroverts and act unnaturally extroverted. By comparison Mexicans are very talkative but I wouldn't describe them as gregarious. I think an introvert would do fine in a place like extroverted Mexico. The issue with America isn't that it's extroverted, it's that people are highly self conscious so they develop fake personalities as a shield against revealing their real emotions.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:

I'm doing the part time CELTA right now (2 days a week) and almost everyone on my course have jobs.

The CELTA is a good thing to get though - you'll learn a lot and 120 hours in the classroom learning from highly experienced teachers and observing your peers is way better than any online course. Plus we're teaching real, paying students which is far more realistic than just teaching each other like we did on my TEFL course.
Yes, definitely. It's good these days to get a TEFL or CELTA. If one wants to stay in the field long term, it is all but necessary. I don't think Tsar would ever do this long term...if he ever does it at all. And he won't need it for Northern China. He's got a degree, and he says he is good looking. So he's set for this.
Teach English? Tsar needs to learn how to talk first....
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Teach English? Tsar needs to learn how to talk first....
What do you mean by that? I know how to talk. English is my native language.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:
Tsar wrote:Are there more extroverted men employed in America compared to introverted men? (especially among Millennials) What do you think?
I suspect yes. Silicon Valley is full of talking heads who can't write one line of code. I would also say there are many introverts who force themselves to be extroverts and act unnaturally extroverted. By comparison Mexicans are very talkative but I wouldn't describe them as gregarious. I think an introvert would do fine in a place like extroverted Mexico. The issue with America isn't that it's extroverted, it's that people are highly self conscious so they develop fake personalities as a shield against revealing their real emotions.
{caveat: I havent read the whole thread}

Yes I think there is a huge bias toward chatterbox-level extroversion nowadays. Chattering like a chick or a minstrel/medicine man is considered admirable rather than amusing. But let me just say to my introverted friends, that the POWER and GRAVITAS of an introverted man who WEIGHS HIS WORDS carefully, and says little -- is still going to rule.

Say little, hit hard.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
SmartOne
Freshman Poster

Post by SmartOne »

Hello, folks!
If you strive to make a brilliant career and become a leader in your professional field, this source may be very useful to understand the psychology of people and their behaviour http://skywritingservice.com/blog/extro ... ect-career
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Post by wanderlust »

drealm wrote:
Many people who would class as introverted aren't deeply introverted or even intellectual types. Many craftsmen, police, many military officers, mechanics, ag workers, maintenance and installation workers would fit the bill here - a pretty good chunk of the male workforce. At the higher end of of the income curve, you'd see pilots, accountants, engineers and fair number of doctors. Many would go to mainstream hangouts - the bar, the racetrack, sporting events, dart leagues, or if they have the status, the country club.

But if you're referring to certain intellectual types - intelligent and socially outside the mainstream, not interested in trying to fit in, unemployment is probably pretty high. And like you mentioned, the superficial workplace persona becomes important, acting to fit an expected role.

Probably the majority of people to get fired or disciplined at my workplace have been extroverts who caused problems with coworkers.

Finally, a lot of occupational success is more related to factors outside of extroversion vs. introversion - factors such as the ability to navigate social settings gracefully (many introverts can do so), persistence, consistency, ability to focus, long-term planning.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Post by nomadphilippines »

working with other people sucks, at some point they always let you down

working on your own online is definitely the best if you know a way how

http://guysnightlife.com/books-help-make-money-online/
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com