Why Are People Here Not Traveling?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Why Are People Here Not Traveling?

Post by zacb »

Tsar wrote:
zacb wrote:You make a good point on that. For Latin America Spirit's Card seems awesome. FOr even signing up you get 15,000 bonus miles.I am thinking of using that for a Colombia trip. Good tip.
Does that card have an annual fee?
Not for the first year. I believe 59 afterwords. Not bad IMO. And if you are aiming for Latin American, it is the perfect card to have. Lots of places can be arrived at for 400-500 some or less.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are People on Here Not Travelling?

Post by Guyver »

Cornfed wrote:
Guyver wrote:No EU citizenship here. Suggestions? ESL?
UK and Irish people have EU citizenship and can teach ESL.
I'm sure they do, but I'm US there dude. Thanks anyways.
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Guyver wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Guyver wrote:No EU citizenship here. Suggestions? ESL?
UK and Irish people have EU citizenship and can teach ESL.
I'm sure they do, but I'm US there dude. Thanks anyways.
My point being that an employer would need a valid reason to justify and bother with going through the visa process to hire you, so trying to teach ESL in the EU would not be a good option for Americans.
Stag
Freshman Poster

Post by Stag »

I've just applied for my passport, so will start looking for somewhere to live in the EU.

I'll probably do a trial stay (about a few months), and if it works out, then come home and sell the car, hand in the keys to my apartment, etc.

There just isn't a good enough reason to stay in the UK. So might as well try something else.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Yohan wrote:
Anatol wrote: Hello ~ This is a waste of time ~
TELL ME 1 DEVELOPED/DEVELOPING COUNTRY WHERE THERE IS NO FEMINISM {(WOMEN'S EDUCATION, WOMEN'S JOBS, WOMEN'S SPORTS)}...........unless a nation like this exists, every man is wasting his time on this earth.
I do not have any problem about feminism here in Japan, which is surely not an underdeveloped country.
It's an industrial country with high income compared to many countries worldwide.

Japan is widely criticized by feminists as there is no child support, no alimony, a very weak domestic violence law, large gender pay gap, no quota for female CEO etc.
Interesting in all polls about living quality the Japanese woman is considered to be one of the happiest woman worldwide.

About a developing country with very little to none feminism you might check out Malaysia.

Thailand is not bad either - while Thailand has a lower income compared to Malaysia, some areas are good developed, living there even by international standard is not bad at all and feminism is not a pain for any man.
Japan, Thailand and Malaysia are feminist ~ 95% of the world currently is ~ nothing must break the bonds between men {(men must always be united against women, it is the cardinal rule for a boy to learn at a young age)} ~

[~} Japan, Thailand and Malaysia do not have females that are AS BAD as Western women ~ but they are feminist because if one tells them, 'Be home-schooled and don't work and learn to be the perfect housewife', all Japanese and Thai and Malay women will laugh now when one suggests this natural role for a woman.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

eurobrat wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Excuses and Lifestyle....

Too few people are willing to sacrifice.

If you live at home rent free, STAY PUT! Even if your parents milk you for a few dollars every so often it's cheaper than rent just about anywhere else.

To make more money I needed a car, it was cheaper to buy new because I had nearly no cash. I am going to re-fi my car and save a ton of money on the interest but if you can get on without a car and still get to work then that's a plus.

Outside of that.

I don't pay for my cellphone or data plan, I don't pay for high speed internet or cable TV. That is a savings of nearly $200 a month right there. I enjoy all three BTW...

Think outside of the box. If you can alternate arms unlike me you can donate Plasma indefinitely. I recently had to stop because scar tissue build up, but I may be able to return in a few more months.

I made over $5,000 in donations over a 2.5 year period.

That alone is enough to be able to travel anywhere.

Also one thing that doesn't seem to get discussed around here too much. Travel Miles/Award Cards.

Even if your credit isn't great you can get a AeroMexico/US Bank secured credit card - https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/aer ... -card.html

If you happen to live where you can get a Target Red Debt Card, you might be able to use manufactured spending to earn enough points to travel - http://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-ca ... -spending/

These techniques work. Josh who runs the Brazilian Gringo blog who I met while he was visiting his parents and grand mother back in the US (lives in Brazil Full Time) was able to travel back home for his grand mother's 90th birthday for a little more than just the taxes and airline fees, about $200.

If you don't qualify for EBT, use the Aeromexico card for all your food purchases. You also might be able to buy gift cards and use them to pay other bills like rent or auto insurance.

All these things add up. With the Aero Mexico Card you get 5,000 bonus miles and a voucher for a $99 R/T ticket to anywhere in Mexico.

If your credit is fairly good (660-670) then look at some of the really good travel awards cards with bonus offers. Chase Freedom seems to be the most popular now. If your score is around 650-660 you can get some of the airline cards like United or American.

I made the decision to improve my credit because it was fairly inexpensive to do and the only way it seems I am going to be able to resume traveling is to offset the cost of air tickets with airline miles.

I also make more money since I have returned to working, I can save about $500-$600 a month though I am in a cycle I need to spend that money but that should be over by June.

There are more than one way to skin a cat, if you can't build your income to such levels to make your life worry-free. You might want to consider improving your credit and building a solid credit file. It hasn't cost me more than just getting a couple of secure cards for a total of $300 with a total of $510 credit limit. With the Capital One card, I am automatically enrolled in Credit Steps. I should get a CLI (Credit Line Increase) in June, how much is unknown. Right now $100 is completely unsecured, that part will increase in June.

My other card doesn't do that but it has a low APR (just don't carry a balance if that's a problem) but is easy to get (no credit check or income requirement) and no annual fee. It also has the EMV chip in it and you can use it overseas without any foreign transaction fees.

PM me and I will give you a link.

I am on course to go to Brazil finally, I just had to make decisions that cost money but they had to be made in order to make more money.
No offense but why not just get a job in your new host country!

I came to Germany on fewer than €1500 and landed a job that I will make €50-60k this year at least. I also now have full medical and dental insurance and 35 paid days off.

Why continue this poor mans mentality?
There is some truth to what your saying.

At one point I was looking at working for DHL in Europe but then the bottom of the economy fell out and DHL was making a series of cutbacks and closures.

This would have put me in the Czech Republic, making about $1,700 Euros a month to start.

But at that point I had difficulty saving and had botched my credit. While it's cheaper to travel off-peak (dead of winter) it's not that much less for a one way ticket vs round-trip and I like the fact that you have a backdoor insurance policy if things go horribly wrong. If things work out, you can always exchange the ticket for a trip somewhere else.

If things go wrong you can always return home, re-calibrate and try again.

The key is to not make the same mistake(s) twice.

Things a bit better this time around, but still full of potholes. No worries because I will weather this storm and come out the other end quite nicely.

For other men, their inaction explains alot actually, its all fear based; The fear of failing.

The list of excuses is a mile-long for some people.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Tsar wrote:
zacb wrote:You make a good point on that. For Latin America Spirit's Card seems awesome. FOr even signing up you get 15,000 bonus miles.I am thinking of using that for a Colombia trip. Good tip.
Does that card have an annual fee?
You can always scream about it... My annual fee was just taken out of my newest card right off the top. But next year, I will threaten closing the card if I get charged an annual fee.

Then again I can upgrade to a Capital One Quicksilver One card which has no annual fee.

Just continue to improve your credit and eventually (year or less) you can get some prime cards with no annual fee.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Guyver wrote:
The wrote:
Guyver wrote:
eurobrat wrote:No offense but why not just get a job in your new host country!

I came to Germany on fewer than €1500 and landed a job that I will make €50-60k this year at least. I also now have full medical and dental insurance and 35 paid days off.

Why continue this poor mans mentality?
Doing what? What was your plan and execution to land that gig?
His secret is that he has EU citizenship.....If you dont have EU citizenship, its not impossible but its very very difficult to work in Europe....
No EU citizenship here. Suggestions? ESL?
He used family history to get in, at least one other former regular poster did the same thing in Switzerland.

There's the hard way and the easy way -

The hard way is going there with at least some language ability and working your way up to citizenship in about five years.

Or

You can marry into it. Why this seems to be problematic for some escapes me. Screaming of feminism in Europe doesn't mean much on the ground actually as Yohan has said about Japan. Screaming about Feminism from a distance of 10,000 miles means very little to the people on the ground.

As I have said before, if you go into Europe and you don't come out with a GF in six months or less something is wrong with your end brother. Lots of European women like American men; Germans, French, British, Swedish, Russian, etc. In Germany alone as I have been saying, nine times out of ten the best looking women are likely not German but in-fact from someplace else.

In the UK, forget native British women and go find you one of those immigrants Conservatives and the Torries like to bang on about. Plenty of Eastern European women running around the UK working so-so jobs in lots of cases, barely making it and sending a much of their earnings back home.

Anyway the easiest option is to marry either a woman who is an EU citizen or is a citizen of a country of a former colony that because of the historical ties, they have citizen rights in their home country and the former empire back in Europe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
In Germany alone as I have been saying, nine times out of ten the best looking women are likely not German but in-fact from someplace else.

In the UK, forget native British women and go find you one of those immigrants Conservatives and the Torries like to bang on about. Plenty of Eastern European women running around the UK working so-so jobs in lots of cases, barely making it and sending a much of their earnings back home.ah
Good info for guys who are going abroad and like White chicks, thanks for posting.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."