The quadruple whammy against unemployed men in America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The quadruple whammy against unemployed men in America

Post by Cornfed »

fightforlove wrote:Thinking about it, I probably landed the two jobs that have constituted the majority of my engineering career by talking music with my interviewer/future boss. They both related, especially my current boss, who also plays guitar and is building his own amp. All those late nights studying for thermodynamics, calculus, and physics exams and it was my spare time spent playing guitar and listening to cool music that landed me paid engineering gigs.
LOL.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fightforlove wrote:Thinking about it, I probably landed the two jobs that have constituted the majority of my engineering career by talking music with my interviewer/future boss. They both related, especially my current boss, who also plays guitar and is building his own amp. All those late nights studying for thermodynamics, calculus, and physics exams and it was my spare time spent playing guitar and listening to cool music that landed me paid engineering gigs.
Truth here.

If youre a man, you gotta be cool.

Or be gone.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Jester wrote:
Truth here.

If youre a man, you gotta be cool.

Or be gone.
It's funny, but honestly also saddening. If I had it to do over again, I would have never wasted all those years slaving away towards a BSME. I could have put that energy, money and precious age in my life towards more fruitful pursuits, like hunting women, learning another language, starting a band...