Another European commits suicide :(

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Another European commits suicide :(

Post by drronnie »

Once again I read a story about a man who commits suicide because he ran out of money and has to go back to emotionally cold Europe. The longer I live in Thailand the less I can imagine going back to Germany. I can imagine getting suicidal thoughts as well if I had to go back to cold Europe
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Re: Another European commits suicide :(

Post by tamdrin12 »

Please post a link to the article.

Where in Thailand do you live? I'm in Chiang Mai.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Dronnie I want to read less about people committing suicide and more about your experiences with (online) dating in Thailand, man! Bring us some positivity, some good news, some updates. After so many posts about how you are single, I wanna hear about how you're changing that. ;)

There is already so much negativity around these parts, and so many of our members are stuck in a rut in cold and sad places, dying to get out. You are in some tropical paradise surrounded by beautiful women, and you posting more information on your day-to-day adventures and your romantic encounters could really inspire some of us to work harder on our own escape abroad. Spread the good gospel, man!
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

drronnie wrote:Once again I read a story about a man who commits suicide because he ran out of money and has to go back to emotionally cold Europe. The longer I live in Thailand the less I can imagine going back to Germany. I can imagine getting suicidal thoughts as well if I had to go back to cold Europe
I don't know about which case you refer, during the last months there were several successful suicides by foreigners in Thailand reported. However you have to consider, that Pattaya alone has over 5 million visitors per year, and that the Chonburi area (Chonburi City, Sri Ratcha, Pattaya and some other smaller cities) are the home of over 400.000 foreigners.

I enjoy many talks with other foreigners during all my stays in Thailand, which is my 2nd home. The question remains, WHY was he running out of money? He really had money, are you sure, how much did he have? And if the answer is yes what did he do with his money?

I know horror stories about foreign men who wasted up to 80 million baht (2.4 million USD)! That's yellow fever.

My impression with such Western men is that they refuse to listen to experienced people like myself, even getting angry when telling them this or that cannot work out as expected. Some of them trust Thai women and their relatives too much and are badly cheated with marriage promises (my bargirl is different etc.), others are coming for a good life and are wasting money every night for alcohol, sex, expensive restaurants, bargirls and fpr a big car and so on.

Of course, many will leave by themselves after the wallet is empty, others are being kicked out of Thailand because of overstay and no money anymore, and only a very few ones decide there is no other way but to jump out of a window. It is impossible to help such men.

I remember well a German man, who arrived in Thailand with not so little money, but still far away being enough for the rest of his life. I told him even if I calculate it very carefully and he is willing to carry on in Thailand with a very modest life-style, it could be OK for up to 10 to 12 years.

It took him only 8 months, at least he understood what an idiot he has been, future: Taxidriver in Germany. He did NOT jump, but took finally a plane back to Europe.

I can only say, men are responsible for their own decisions. I can only advice men to listen, to listen and again to listen.
Nowadays there is little excuse for bad decisions - you cannot say anymore, I did not know this or that as there is plenty of information on the internet.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote: ..... so many of our members are stuck in a rut in cold and sad places, dying to get out...
This is interesting stuff to talk about what to do and what not to do. Nothing is worse but after a failure to sit in an airplane going back from where you came from.

Countries like Thailand and Philippines are financially risky to foreign men who would like to live there, as there is hardly any good possibility to find a good job in such regions with a reasonable income for a Western life-style.

We foreign men cannot live in Thailand or Philippines like some locals who are spending remarkably little money. We need to be financially secure and how to do this? As far as I know from your postings, you still try hard to save up money by working in Europe, while wife and child is in Philippines. - This sounds similar to a Filipino overseas worker...

Some Scandinavian men I meet frequently while in Thailand, try to solve that financial challenge by spending summer time in Scnadinavia working, and when the cold and dark winter is showing up, they live for a few moneths in South East Asia with their wife and children.

Others try to wait it out, and move on after retirement - in that case you can be sure, that every month some money will arrive in your European savings account and that you will never totally run out of money.

I was able to relocate to Japan, which means the same income for me or even better than in Europe, but not so many Western men are willing to live in the Japanese society.

What to do is up to the individual, some are successful, and some fail. For sure relocation and to consider international marriage is not so easy.

Drronnie is about in this situation too - his choice is about working in Germany, visiting Thailand sometimes - or to stay in Thailand with a little salary same as a local Thai and to be alone - because in Thailand money talks.

I often recommended Drronnie to look for an Asian wife, who is NOT Thai. I understand that Thai women are really often very materialistic and there is no good chance in a city like Bangkok as an ordinary low paid Thai man to find a reasonable girl-friend.

In Bangkok there are too many rich Thai men and too many foreign men around, Thai women have really a choice. The situation is rather different in other parts of Thailand or nearby Asian countries.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I hear about expats in thailand commit suicide because the local thai girl just used them or cheat on them. I think the expats that go to Asia are two types.
1. Lonely western guys who think the grass is greener on the other side and have this fantasy that Asian women are suppose to be easier .
2. Guys who just want to exploit the red light district and live it up.

I think the first type of guys are looking for romance thinking that Asian women are this submissive women that does everything but when they realize that it doesn't work out they get really disappointed.

The stereotype of western foreign men and maybe to some extent wealthy Asian men that go to these countries is that you have money and you are there only for the red light district. I mean if you think about it allot of the expats that go there are there for that reason. Most decent girls would stay away from the sex pats and at the ssame time the only main desirability traits that expats give off is there wealth.

I wonder why do expats still insist on going to certain parts of Asia . It's more fantasy than reality.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I hear about expats in thailand commit suicide because the local thai girl just used them or cheat on them. I think the expats that go to Asia are two types.
1. Lonely western guys who think the grass is greener on the other side and have this fantasy that Asian women are suppose to be easier .

I think the first type of guys are looking for romance thinking that Asian women are this submissive women that does everything but when they realize that it doesn't work out they get really disappointed.

The stereotype of western foreign men and maybe to some extent wealthy Asian men that go to these countries is that they have money and they are there only for the red light district. I mean if you think about it allot of the expats that go there are there for that reason. Most decent girls would stay away from these sex pats and at the same time the only main desirability traits that expats give off are their wealth.

I wonder why do expats still insist on going to certain parts of Asia . It's more fantasy than reality.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

chanta76 wrote:The stereotype of western foreign men and maybe to some extent wealthy Asian men that go to these countries is that they have money and they are there only for the red light district. I mean if you think about it allot of the expats that go there are there for that reason. Most decent girls would stay away from these sex pats and at the same time the only main desirability traits that expats give off are their wealth.

I know that I'm sounding a bit pedantic here, but this is also an element of my RealDoll Manifesto, in the west, particular the USA, men do not have the regular experience of a sexual surrogate.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26219

So what happens is that all that daily build up of sexual tension, never gets assuaged and then, men make boneheaded decisions like not watching their monthly burn rate, when they're abroad.

One of the reasons why I'd stayed in New England versus expanding upon the work which was started in Brazil was two fold, one was that I'd broken up with the Brazilian so the whole green card residency thing was gone, but two, the salaries and career potential at home was a lot higher. I'd then decided to be prudent at home and lived an organized life.

When Mel had introduced the RealDoll a year ago, the first thing I'd begun to realize was that our physical needs, actually differed from our emotional/mental ones. Once the body was satisfied, the mind's released into making clearer decisions. It's a one time investment and you can always finance it with a credit card.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

here..some of the stories just in one week...

German man jumps to his death at Suvarnabhumi

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/13/g ... humi-video

The British tourist, 21, who hired a gun at Phuket shooting range and then shot himself dead as horrified staff looked on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ed-on.html

Its particularly high with Europeans not much to do with women because, if you see, Indians don't jump in Thailand when we are the lowest, least liked, datable kinds in Thailand...We are universally hated and even bar girls reject us and I have experienced that personally...

We should be the one jumping in Thailand more because we have to go back to rotten third world shit hole called India but since I have been to Germany..I can sense that what really matters for a man to make the ultimate choice...The positives are less for a European than an Indian.

Except money...There is nothing for a European back home..Once the charm of fake life that comes with money goes..He has fewer choices in Europe...In India....I have family, friends, good weather, good food, good fruits - A human touch that is lost in Europe...More Love factor...If you have atleast someone to love you..You wouldn't commit suicide

That's why I support the equal privilege for a European in Asia as we get in Europe..A European must be allowed to work freely in Asia as we do in Europe....That would give him hope and a chance to settle down in Asia easily.... and not make him think about Europe....
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

starchild5 wrote: That's why I support the equal privilege for a European in Asia as we get in Europe..A European must be allowed to work freely in Asia as we do in Europe....That would give him hope and a chance to settle down in Asia easily.... and not make him think about Europe....
This sounds nice, but most countries in Asia are absolutely reluctant to give out working permits to foreigners, they are worried about immigrants not from Europe but from other Asian countries.

Here in Japan working permits for qualified personnel are not a problem, however Japan will refuse to give any working permit to unskillful immigrants without educational background.

Thailand is similar in this sense, if it gives permits for any immigrant to work 'something', the next day millions of people from Bangladesh, Myanmar, China, Vietnam etc. etc. will apply. - No way. In Thailand you must bring your own money as an European.
If you run out of money - your problem - either leave or jump.
Last edited by Yohan on March 21st, 2015, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:I hear about expats in thailand commit suicide because the local thai girl just used them or cheat on them. I think the expats that go to Asia are two types.
About which country in Asia are you talking? About which kind of expat are you talking?

Many expats from Europe and USA in Asia have an employment contract with a foreign company etc. and are doing well or they are retired and have no financial problems.

The problem is starting if expats (usually male 'dreamer-expats', rarely female expats) cannot control their financial situation and are running totally out of money. They can only blame themselves for their own - but wrong - decisions.

Compared to the number of Western foreigners in general, people into suicide are however rather rare. This is extreme, a tiny minority.

Most of them are leaving by themselves, some are forced to leave by authorities, some others change from money wasting for girls into lonely poverty life-style with alcohol, etc. etc.

I often met expats and told them what to do and what better not to do, but those people are totally unwilling to listen and to use their brain.

Some expats are ending up somewhere in an Asian village as an illegal, visa/passport expired, abandoned, owning nothing...

If you are such a love-blind idiot in Thailand and buy your girlfriend (my bargirl is different!) a huge land-plot and big house in her name in her rural village instead of buying yourself a beach condominium in your name, and everything goes wrong, then what? Sorry, I cannot help those men.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yohan,

How did you find work in Japan? What do you do? I remember you said you had to take a test to update your license. Are you a computer guy? How would I get to your position in Japan?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Yohan wrote:
starchild5 wrote: That's why I support the equal privilege for a European in Asia as we get in Europe..A European must be allowed to work freely in Asia as we do in Europe....That would give him hope and a chance to settle down in Asia easily.... and not make him think about Europe....
This sounds nice, but most countries in Asia are absolutely reluctant to give out working permits to foreigners, they are worried about immigrants not from Europe but from other Asian countries.

Here in Japan working permits for qualified personnel are not a problem, however Japan will refuse to give any working permit to unskillful immigrants without educational background.

Thailand is similar in this sense, if it gives permits for any immigrant to work 'something', the next day millions of people from Bangladesh, Myanmar, China, Vietnam etc. etc. will apply. - No way. In Thailand you must bring your own money as an European.
If you run out of money - your problem - either leave or jump.
So there is no rags to riches story for a white guy in Asia :lol: :lol: ....

We have millions of immigrants in the west from Asia who had nothing to live for and then made it big...Why should we deny that privilege to white people....

Also, an Educated, well to do Europeans generally don't need to migrate as he will have everything back home...Its people on the fence, people with no hope that move to a new place and try to make it better...

To solve the huge immigrant influx....Many Asian countries can reciprocate with European countries which offer the same privileges ...
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

chanta76 wrote:I hear about expats in thailand commit suicide because the local thai girl just used them or cheat on them. I think the expats that go to Asia are two types.

The stereotype of western foreign men and maybe to some extent wealthy Asian men that go to these countries is that you have money and you are there only for the red light district. I mean if you think about it allot of the expats that go there are there for that reason. Most decent girls would stay away from the sex pats and at the ssame time the only main desirability traits that expats give off is there wealth.

Fact is that most Thai women do prefer Thai men and the middle age Western men end up with some singles mothers or someone from the red light. From my observation most Thai women are with guys roughly their age.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Yohan wrote:
About which country in Asia are you talking? About which kind of expat are you talking?

Many expats from Europe and USA in Asia have an employment contract with a foreign company etc. and are doing well or they are retired and have no financial problems.

The problem is starting if expats (usually male 'dreamer-expats', rarely female expats) cannot control their financial situation and are running totally out of money. They can only blame themselves for their own - but wrong - decisions.

Compared to the number of Western foreigners in general, people into suicide are however rather rare. This is extreme, a tiny minority.

Most of them are leaving by themselves, some are forced to leave by authorities, some others change from money wasting for girls into lonely poverty life-style with alcohol, etc. etc.

I often met expats and told them what to do and what better not to do, but those people are totally unwilling to listen and to use their brain.

Some expats are ending up somewhere in an Asian village as an illegal, visa/passport expired, abandoned, owning nothing...

If you are such a love-blind idiot in Thailand and buy your girlfriend (my bargirl is different!) a huge land-plot and big house in her name in her rural village instead of buying yourself a beach condominium in your name, and everything goes wrong, then what? Sorry, I cannot help those men.
Interesting is that these Thai women usually use the money from Western "love idiots" and give that top their family and even finance their real Thai husband who usually is a dead beat. Example I know someone who got money from 5 international boyfriends, but when they were out of town she was with her Thai husband / boyfriend.