The friend zone is an artificial concept in America.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: The friend zone is an artificial concept in America.

Post by Falcon »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Here's what I don't get: why are nerds dissed by American women yet a lot of these nerds have good salaries? That is weird to me. I heard Silicon Valley, Silicon Forest (Seattle-Portland NW USA), Silicon Farm (Austin, TX), Silicon Oil Rig (Houston), and Silicon Alley (NYC/NJ) have this problem, too.
Rich nerds get all the best, hottest girls in places like China, India, and all sorts of Asian countries. Even the more ordinary nerds will end up with wonderful though more ordinary wives.

Plane ticket + passport can do wonders. Book today: http://www.kayak.com/flights/
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Falcon wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Here's what I don't get: why are nerds dissed by American women yet a lot of these nerds have good salaries? That is weird to me. I heard Silicon Valley, Silicon Forest (Seattle-Portland NW USA), Silicon Farm (Austin, TX), Silicon Oil Rig (Houston), and Silicon Alley (NYC/NJ) have this problem, too.
Rich nerds get all the best, hottest girls in places like China, India, and all sorts of Asian countries. Even the more ordinary nerds will end up with wonderful though more ordinary wives.

Plane ticket + passport can do wonders. Book today: http://www.kayak.com/flights/
Oh wow. hahahaha You didn't answer my question, but there was non-related truth all in your reply.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

why are nerds dissed by American women yet a lot of these nerds have good salaries?
I'm not the best person to ask lol. I'm a bit confused too. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with this whole American woman thing. Now practically married with my Thai wifey and daughter.

Usual answer is that they like surfer boys, thugs, douchebags, jerks, metrosexuals, hippies, and "confident" dudes. Nerds aren't cool because American mass media culture doesn't like intellectualism. Being smart isn't sexy. Being some random jerk is.

How about in Latin America?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

What many (most???) American women want is something to complain about while avoiding a deep relationship that requires work and self-discipline, and the way to do that is hang out with losers, who will surely do something so horrible she has to dump him. Lots to complain about, no risk of failing at something that matters. A decent guy is scary, because losing him would hurt.

Read any of those women magazines: they just love mocking loser guys they were abused by. Non-stop laughter at men. Eventually they grow up and realize their life is pathetically empty, and so they proceed to fill that emptiness up with food, lots of food.

I'm the same way with women, which is why I understand then so well. that is, I avoid the decent ones in favor of garbage, but I do so out of rational rather than irrational fear. When expected cost outweighs expected benefit, rational thing is to walk away. So I did just that, long ago. Women don't have this excuse.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Falcon wrote:Really, what is this friend zone plaguing the Anglosphere? I never got it. It's tortured me during all my years of living in America.

In every Asian country that I have been to, a girl simply doesn't call you a friend after you give her flowers, and take her out on a really nice one-on-one trip. Or even just talking to her often one-on-one.
Do that to a girl in Asia and she'll seriously end up thinking that you want to marry her and start a family. She will start talking about meeting her parents, what you are planning to do for your future, and bride price matters.
Do that to a girl in the US and nothing happens. She'll just say "OMG you're such a cool friend! Why can't I have more friends like you?" Or, she just ignores you.
The friend zone isn't really much of problem here in Mexico, except perhaps in certain areas of the country that are heavily Americanized (but I could be wrong). Sometimes I'm the one who's friend zoning certain girls I meet. And sometimes, even when a girl and I say "nuestra amistad" (our friendship) or she calls me "amigo", we eventually end up developing feelings for each other to some extent. For instance, a year ago, I briefly dated a BBW from La Piedad, Michoacan, and on a Facebook post she called me "amigo", even though we flirted and held hands at the time. And even if a certain girl in Mexico isn't interested in me romantically, she is still open to spending one-on-one time with me.
But further explaining the whole American women thing to a woman abroad would be like explaining rocket science to a snail.
...which is clearly why I would rather NOT have to explain the American dating scene to Mexican women, especially considering than many of them haven't even been to the U.S. of Gay before.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on March 11th, 2017, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MattHanson1990 wrote: Sometimes I'm the one who's friend zoning certain girls I meet.
And there you have it, we 'friendzone' women that we don't fancy.

And with female friends where there is no mutual attraction - are they in the 'friendzone' course not, they're just friends.

The thing about being with a woman who you like who just wants to be your friend is to not go running around after her, doing stupid shit for her and ego stroking her. When it gets to that - treat her like the fat girl who sits in the next cubicle who you like as a friend.

Friendzoning only goes wrong when you try to force a change in the situation, and then the silly cows then think they can exploit the situation and then you feel - well, exploited and used.

You can build a shield against such basic female behaviour but it takes time and experience. Like Franks stated, age should have built you a nice shield against that type of female bullshite.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Falcon wrote:
why are nerds dissed by American women yet a lot of these nerds have good salaries?
I'm not the best person to ask lol. I'm a bit confused too. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with this whole American woman thing. Now practically married with my Thai wifey and daughter.

Usual answer is that they like surfer boys, thugs, douchebags, jerks, metrosexuals, hippies, and "confident" dudes. Nerds aren't cool because American mass media culture doesn't like intellectualism. Being smart isn't sexy. Being some random jerk is.

How about in Latin America?
In Latin America, machismo is dead. It seems like it's truly equal now; women won't stand for a guy that calls them a pendeja or a puta, even if she knows she deserves to be called that, she'll still ignore you and/or block you on WhatsApp. Classism is becoming worse here which racism not too far behind. A woman will get with a portly, disheveled looking loser, but because he's the same nationality and racial archetype that isn't too African, then he will get a girlfriend p***y or not. No matter how much money I have, since I have that gringo look due to my height (I'm 6'3" so that's a dead giveaway like Shalamar) and that I dress differently and groom differently. The ZZ Top beard is popular in the U.S. of Gay now, and I have a beard cropped to my face and most Latinas don't EVEN like that look outside of the U.S. so hence it is working against me. I like it because shaving on the skin is abrasive and ages men physically. I still look late-20s/early30, and I'm 43 because I take care of my face and that I don't shave. I don't smoke nor drink so that helps me too. I never wash my face with soap. I only wash it with tepid water, and then I put lotion on it before i go to bed. Never before I go out or it'll darken me. So any beard is equated to being poor. Most Hispanic men are cleanly-shaven.