How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Post by zacb »

Talking about eating well and reading about cob homes has got me thinking. People tend to demonize capitalism for destruction of the environment, but it seems like it is state capitalism, and not free markets, that destroy the environment and trash our bodies. Despite being resistant to most run of the mill earthquakes, keeps the inner shell of the home warm or cooler than the prevailing weather by 10 degrees, being relatively inexpensive to build, allow creative expression, and are built to last 100s of years, cob homes are banned for not being up to "code" despite standing hundreds of years, an despite having a problem with affordable housing. Add to this the subsidies that the US government pays farmers to keep an artificial floor on crops, and it starts to make you wonder if there is a war on affordability. And let's not even get into cheap medicine.

Even though I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with , there are still many things pulling me abroad. For one, the economic stupidity here in the states, cost arbitrage, saner governments, beautiful landscapes, freer markets, more opportunies, and I guess I can add better quality of life to the list, among other things.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Post by Moretorque »

Exactly what capitalism are we talking about ?
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zacb wrote: ....I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with....
Congratulations, Zac!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Jester wrote:
zacb wrote: ....I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with....
Congratulations, Zac!
Thanks. It took a bit, but we are eventually going to move to Colombia or Chile and get married there. A least they don't license you down there. The more I research, the less I am worded Bachet will ruin it all. That was my main concern. Actually they have had leftists for 25 years and it is all good so far. I think you should look into Chile as a domicile, and Paraguay as second passport.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com