Is Foreign Food Healthier?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Is Foreign Food Healthier?

Post by zacb »

I know many have said that Thai food made them skinny on this forum, but what about other cultures? After noticing I need some dental work done, I started thinking over my diet, and the alternatives I could come up with. The more I thought, the more I realized how penalized we were when we try to buy fresh fruits and vegetables and fresh meat and the like. Compare this to other areas of the world, and many times it is opposite. So for example, overall is Latin food less processed, and closer to the earth? I know fruit and veggies are cheaper, but how is Latin food in general? The more I learn about Latin America, the more I want to move.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Foreign Food Healthier?

Post by zboy1 »

Everytime I go overseas to a non-Western country, I lose weight. I come back to the States and I gain all the weight again. What does that tell you? LOL.
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

Isn't it strange how processed food is so cheap in western countries, and "fresh" unprocessed food is expensive?

Either the farmers or the supermarkets are profiteering massively. Too many snouts in the trough perhaps.
Trying to be a better man
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I would wager neither the farmers or super markets are the ones making the money. If I had to wager, the ones making out like a bandit would be Monsanto, and to a lesser extent multinational corporations. Companies such as Tyson tie up family farms by giving loans, whereas if farmers have not been in the business for a generation or two at least there is a huge startup expense. On that note, if any one is looking for an ag play and water play, JG Boswell is a good stock.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metroman
Freshman Poster

Post by metroman »

I am in Singapore right now and would have to say the food is really good, you can go out to an unlimited number of foodcourts and pays between $5- $8 for meals which are loaded with rice, vegetables, noodles, chicken or fish. Very high standards in hygiene and none of the food feels heavy, being a fitness fanatic I have always been conscious of what I eat and like the fact I can go out to any number of places and get a healthy meal unlike Australia where you have to consciously be more picky as there are so many fastfood outlets.