The greatest thing to happen to me was going back to America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: The greatest thing to happen to me was going back to Ame

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I dont know who is going to hell nor can any man really for sure since its based on the heart and im not sure where God draws the line. but based on the interepretation of the bible I believe there is a strong likelihood you can get an idea of certain religions since its hard to justify if you believe in certain doctrines you will go to heaven because your putting your trust in the wrong things.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: The greatest thing to happen to me was to be back to ame

Jester wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I

catholics... confess their sins to the priest
Confession is mandated in the New Testament. "Confess ye your sins to one another." To whom do you make your confessions, big guy?
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
worship mary and the pope.
We dont worship the Pope. Dont now, never have. Most Catholics do pray for him. Is there anything wrong with that? f**k, every several months I even pray for OBAMA, to keep his Illuminati-puppet a** safe from any misguided red-state vigilantes.

But MARY? YES by GOD we do venerate GOD'S MOTHER, you ignorant jackass. She was and is the Vessel through God the Father INTERVENED, BROKE INTO the physical universe, rode in like the cavalry, INTERVENED without violating the Laws of Physics that he set in place, stirred the pot and shook things up. "Hail Mary, full of grace" we recite. Hmm where did we get that from, anyway? You tell me.

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Seems like in your mind, you sit on God's throne and judge the people before you. You should not judge your fellow man the way you do, there's nothing Christian about that.
This is what I noticed when I started meeting Catholics (I had been evangelical/Pentecostal for twenty years before). They are working out their own salvation (as suggested in Philippians chapter 2), and are not so obsessed with meddling in other people's lives.

I listen on occasion to Evangelical ministers, so long as they dwell on spiritual growth, rather than obsessing on salvation for wastrels, or on foreign aid for Christ-hating "Israelis". Basically I go where I need to go to get fed. Because my Bible, as in the 23rd Psalm, suggests to me that I am more a sheep, than a shepherd. Or to cite another passage, I am still getting the log out of my own eye.

Unlike NewLife, of course, who KNOWS who is going to Hell.

From this quote we can conclude you love to confess to a priest more than God, mary is a god to you, and you hate jews which is also unbiblical. You also are namecalling me while debating religion and you even blasphemy jesus name in the previous post by saying his name in vain. You also seem to stress the importance of daily ritutals and traditions that have absolutely no bearing in the bible or are so twisted and far removed from the original intention.

Yes I do blackhat or whatever im trying to get out of it but at least I dont worship false idols and my boastful works to try to earn my salvation like catholics. There is a difference between earning it with works and the result of it.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on December 2nd, 2014, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester Its obvious you worship the catholic church and your rituals more than Jesus. Nice blasphemy of Jesus name in your post. Do you take communion with that foul mouth? Of course not cause your works will be burned up in the lake of fire you boastful catholic heathen.
I talk here the same way I talk with my friends or my sons. I work at that anyway. I talk rough, even with men of God, and I rebuke evil, even amidst the profane.

Unlike you.

You are perfectly comfortable being lily-white-pure here, parading your beliefs front of people. But in your personal life, you lie, you cheat, you flesh-peddle - which is it? It brings to mind a bright tomb in a cemetery, freshly whitewashed. Very pretty, gleaming white on the outside. But inside, full of foul, rotting filth.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Jester wrote:
Jester Its obvious you worship the catholic church and your rituals more than Jesus. Nice blasphemy of Jesus name in your post. Do you take communion with that foul mouth? Of course not cause your works will be burned up in the lake of fire you boastful catholic heathen.
I talk here the same way I talk with my friends or my sons. I work at that anyway. I talk rough, even with men of God, and I rebuke evil, even amidst the profane.

Unlike you.

You are perfectly comfortable being lily-white-pure here, parading your beliefs front of people. But in your personal life, you lie, you cheat, you flesh-peddle - which is it? It brings to mind a bright tomb in a cemetery, freshly whitewashed. Very pretty, gleaming white on the outside. But inside, full of foul, rotting filth.
I never said i was perfect. Ive actually said i was struggling with issues like all sinners but my spirituality has increased and im slowly changing for the better. Its actually you that has been comparing yourself to others about how great and awesome you are and im not. Im judging based on BELIEFS based on what the bible says about salvation. Your puffing yourself up in a holier than thou way like the pharisees. Dont you get it. You are a pharisee you think you DESERVE salvation cause you are so great. You think you are so holy and deserve salvation from your good deeds. Typical catholic.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on December 2nd, 2014, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester, newlifeinphilippines kissed my ass? Where? To be honest, I hate people who kiss my ass. I like people with the guts to stand up for themselves, and that is what newlifeinphilippines did.

In the past, pretty much all religions followed some rituals. These days I don't see it much in any Christian religion. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it at the Greek Orthodox church and I don't see it among the Catholics around here. My wife's mother does, and she is Catholic, but she is the only case I know. And in fact my wife's family kept a fairly strict Sunday sabbath when my wife was a child, way back before Catholicism devolved into its current state.

Some rituals are better than others. Those that require self-discipline are best. Going to church and taking communion are pretty light-weight. Praying daily is more serious, I am not sure how many do that. The sabbath is my favorite ritual, and seems to be God's favorite ritual too. And the sabbath was a standard part of Christianity, even of Catholicism, back when Christianity was a serious religion.

A religion should have at least one standard non-trivial ritual that all members are expected to do. It doesn't matter whether this is praying to Mecca 5 times a day, regularly attending a Shinto shrine, or whatever. But it should be non-trivial and it should be demanded of all members of the religion to show some level of commitment. Christianity lacks this.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

And Jester since you are so sinless let me give an example:

John Newton the author of the most popular hymn "Amazing Grace" was saved and for the next 6 years he continued to sell slaves. I'm sure he said similar things like, well it's not illegal and there's really nothing specifically speaking against slavery in the bible. But it took 6 years for the Holy Spirit to completely convince John that selling slaves was hindering his relationship with the LORD and was a sin. Now of course I'm not comparing black hat SEO to slavery but I'm using the similar context of how someone justifies what they do.

The next question that comes to mind is, can a black hatter be saved? Of course. It is by grace that we are saved and not of works. I think John Newtons story is a good example of having unethical and immoral business practices while being saved. There will be plenty of black hat SEO's in heaven and there will be plenty of white hat SEO's in hell.

I know one thing is for sure, that hating black hat SEO's is definitely a sin and against Jesus's 2nd commandment. I think we need to challenge each other to be loving towards our SEO brothers and sisters of a darker shade for the sake of the Gospel.