America, Land Of 1,000 Addictions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you live in America you'll be addicted to something other than American women.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/america-land ... ddictions/
Last edited by Taco on November 7th, 2014, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: America, Land Of 1,000 Addictions

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:If you live in America you'll be addicted to something.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/america-land ... ddictions/

my only addiction is cebuanas ironic how they are now out of reach :roll: :lol:
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I am addicted to food, water, and air. According to modern medicine, that probably means that I need treatment.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:Living life in the U.S....sigh. It makes your life so incredibly empty, boring, and meaningless that it drives you to some addiction, all the way from smoking and booze to more modern concepts of addiction, like TV, internet, and video games "addictions." When I lived in Asia, I still spent plenty of time on the internet, but I spent more time in a much more balanced way. I had cut out video games and TV entirely, balancing my life even more. American society likes to cause problems for you and then blame you for those problems, while then offering you "treatment" for them. (All for a reasonable price, of course!)
I have still used the Internet when visiting or living in a foreign country (e.g. hostel or personal residence), but I used it to communicate easily with the FW. Especially when you don't feel like speaking to them about B.S. all night, intermittent protocol like Skype Messenger (no conferencing call but text-relay only) works well. It's easy to build rapport and bring them over to your spot and tear that a.s.s. up.

And you're right about everything else here; I just wanted to paraphrase.
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on November 7th, 2014, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

fschmidt wrote:I am addicted to food, water, and air. According to modern medicine, that probably means that I need treatment.
LOL
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:Living life in the U.S....sigh. It makes your life so incredibly empty, boring, and meaningless that it drives you to some addiction, all the way from smoking and booze to more modern concepts of addiction, like TV, internet, and video games "addictions." When I lived in Asia, I still spent plenty of time on the internet, but I spent more time in a much more balanced way. I had cut out video games and TV entirely, balancing my life even more. American society likes to cause problems for you and then blame you for those problems, while then offering you "treatment" for them. (All for a reasonable price, of course!)
Agrees....it reminds me of an article recently written by Simon Black about how life overseas can be so much more free and fulfilling.....

http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/heres ... hem-15530/

Heres some quotes...
In leaving for the New World, people hoped to escape a system back home that was completely rigged against them.

They had little freedom, few prospects, and a future with almost no security.

And in order to get away from this, a handful of courageous settlers were willing to risk everything… from the known perilous journey to the unknown risks of what awaited them on the other side.
Today many folks are faced with a similar quandary. They can’t stand what’s happening in a country that increasingly looks like an alien planet. And they yearn for a freer life on greener pastures abroad.

But fear of the unknown is an incredibly powerful force.

It creates inertia. It’s what makes people stay in bad (or even abusive) relationships. It’s what keeps people working unfulfilling jobs for bosses they despise in environments that suffocate them.
But all that comes in time. And not that much time, to be honest.

Soon, many new expats quickly find that their lifestyle is far more fulfilling than they ever had back home.

They have a closer, tighter network of like-minded friends. They’re more active, more involved. They feel healthier and spend time in a much more suitable climate.

No, life is not perfect. It’s not all cookies and unicorns. But most of all folks often feel happier and more free.

It’s incredibly liberating to discover that you’re no longer a tax slave whose sole purpose is to feed the Beast, or that the news back in your home country no longer impacts you.

Suddenly you become an amused and disinterested spectator instead of an unwilling participant.