Got the Tickets! I am Visiting Panama!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Got the Tickets! I am Visiting Panama!

Post by zacb »

Finally, after 3 years of yapping about visiting abroad, I am finally able to visit Panama for a week. I have a wonderful GF here in the states, so I am not worried about love (she was raised with southern values, and thus is not as bad as many AWs). On this trip I am taking in February, I will be checking out business opportunities, checking to see if Panama might be a good expat spot (my GF and I are leaning towards Colombia, but it is still preliminary), soak up the sun, and try to enjoy the BS free zone for a week. On my way there, I plan on using CouchSurfing while I have a layover. Anyone have experience with Panama? I have heard good stuff from a co-worker, but I want to see it for myself. On flights, check mrrebates.com for coupons and different coupons for savings and use cheapoair.com . Google can be good if you book way ahead of time, but after a while they go way up.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Congratulations, ZacB.

That's really good news.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Congrats! Please post a trip report on Panama soon, zacb. I've heard a lot of good things about the country, so you made a good choice in my opinion.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thanks! The only thing I wish is that I could bring the GF with, since she like to travel too. There are a few high growth areas that I could maybe move to once my GF and I graduate. This is the first step towards expatriation: the discovery stage :). Anyone interested in goods from down there just out of curiosity?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

zboy1 I will. I will not be looking on the romance side, since I am spoken for in addition to the country not being known for beauties. Like I mentioned, you can find good deals on cheapoair, especially with promotions. I saved over 200 dollars over the main site. It is a really cheap spot for US expats, and if you are on a pension, you get 25% off almost everything.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Ghost, I understand. I plan on doing a libertarian marriage with her, although I don't know how a private contract would play out in certain aspects. She is more quite than most chicks, and that is one thing I like about her: her quietness. She is on board with the travelling, but I want her to pursue her dreams too, so in terms of expatriation, we might be a bit off before we can do that, but I still wouldn't mind a SHTF place somewhere south of the border.

I will enjoy it. I want to see what exists outside the Anglo-Sphere, and perhaps find a haven in the storm. At least I will be able to take a rest from the rat race called the US.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Good luck zacb!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

What are these "Southern values" you're referring to? Did you tell the story of how you met your GF in another thread?