Poll: Are romance tours a good value for the money?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Are romance tours a good value for the money?

Yes, I would spend $3000 - $4600 to meet women at a social, if I could afford it that is.
18%
No, they are a rip off.
59%
Neutral. I don't know but Winston is certainly making money from these ad sponsors.
24%

Total votes: 17
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 20th, 2020, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

komments wrote:
Jester, you spend five grand for a chair? Or even if it is $3600, there are no guarantees you meet anyone. Or anyone that is not only interested in your money.

The AFA Tour does not include air fare.

THE "PHILIPPINE ROMANCE TRIP" INCLUDES
•Two fully catered, specific invitation, large Socials
•Hotel accommodations in Davao Philippines
•Hotel accommodations in Cebu Philippines
•Unlimited Personal Introductions
•Airport Pickup
•Breakfast daily
•One hotel area and city orientation tour
•24-hour hospitality and guidance from our AFA staff
•In-house complimentary interpreting services located in the AFA office
•1 month Platinum Membership ($95.00 value)
•Publication "The Foreign Bride Travel Guide" ($25 value)

But they are also cheaper than even Winston claimed.

Select City Arrival Departure Days Cost
Davao Philippines Oct 9 Oct 15 7 days/ 6 nights $2195
Davao Philippines Oct 9 Oct 18 10 days/ 9 nights $2595
Davao Philippines Oct 9 Oct 22 14 days/ 13 nights $3095
Shenzhen China Nov 27 Dec 3 7days/ 6 nights $1995
Shenzhen China Nov 27 Dec 6 10 days/ 9 nights $2495
Shenzhen China Nov 27 Dec 10 14 days/ 13 nights $2895
Sold.

I'm cancelling the chair purchase.

:wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

komments wrote: Or, if you already live there you could meet, wine and dine a dozen girls who are more likely to marry you than anyone at a romance tour.
And if you didn't live there already?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
OK, I'm going to go ahead and say that a Philippines romance tour IS a bad idea. Any guy who needs that much help in the Philippines is hopeless. And since it is culturally compatible with Westerners, you're better off doing your own leg work to meet wife material.
It does seem like overkill, doesn't it?

Probably wouldn't spend the money there in the Phils, now that I think about it.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winnie says Mark is not a scammer bc there are many positive testimonials on his website. Case closed.

$4600 for 7 days tour not including airfares, taxi,accomodation, meals? It could cost you up to 10k all up. Ukranian woman needs to work 4 years to earn that amount if shes lucky to have a job.

The worst thing is that these agencies could just rent local sluts and hoes to entertain american desperados for a week, slavic women are too smart for average westerner.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:Winston basically changed the paramters from 3000-4600 instead of 4600-5000 and other deceptiive shit to try and move the goal posts to protect his sponsors.

What a f***ing fraud.

Free speech my a**. You clown. You're nothing but a sell out.

:lol:

I'm just going to time and date stamp the current poll outcome which basically indicates 100% agree that marriage agencies are a rip off.

Just noting that in case winston decides to manually edit the polls. Of course he could edit this whole thread too like the dishonest little elf that he is.
Why the $5000? Mark's tours are $4650. And AFA's tours are around $3000. That's how I got the range. What's wrong with that? You are a delusional moron.

I cannot change the poll results. You are the most hateful person on here and the most hateful person I ever met. I pity you. You must be one miserable SOB.

I already told you, Mark is not my sponsor. AFA is. With Mark, I'm merely following the evidence and refuting your random lies about him which are pure speculation falsely peddled by you as fact.
Last edited by Winston on October 9th, 2014, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Winnie says Mark is not a scammer bc there are many positive testimonials on his website. Case closed.

$4600 for 7 days tour not including airfares, taxi,accomodation, meals? It could cost you up to 10k all up. Ukranian woman needs to work 4 years to earn that amount if shes lucky to have a job.

The worst thing is that these agencies could just rent local sluts and hoes to entertain american desperados for a week, slavic women are too smart for average westerner.
No. The $4600 of Mark's tour does include everything such as transportation, hotel, food, etc. It just doesn't include the airfare. I wish it did though. That would make it a better deal.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update on poll results:

3 people have now voted that romance tours are worth the price and 1 person voted neutral.

So sorry Repatriate, not everyone voted that they were a ripoff as you claimed. haha

komments
Freshman Poster

Post by komments »

A couple things. I don't believe they are a rip-off. I just think your money could be better used. I also don't think Winston should have changed the poll. That is wrong though not the same as censorship. I believe a reply to the post with links refuting the costs would have been sufficient.

As for my opinion that they are not worth the money, my opinion comes with some caveats. First, I have never been desperate to find companionship. Second I have been married for 38 years so my time looking for a bride was limited to my youth and I never really did search (married my high school sweetheart). I am sure that anyone that is really lonely would do about anything to find love so to them it might be good value. I also wish they would publish numbers of people who find love on these trips. Though that might be hard to quantify. Even so, my guess is the number of marriages resulting from these socials is probably quite low compared to the number of attendees - both for the men and women. Be nice to know though.
Greg Kellogg
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

komments wrote:
A couple things. I don't believe they are a rip-off. I just think your money could be better used. I also don't think Winston should have changed the poll. That is wrong though not the same as censorship. I believe a reply to the post with links refuting the costs would have been sufficient.

As for my opinion that they are not worth the money, my opinion comes with some caveats. First, I have never been desperate to find companionship. Second I have been married for 38 years so my time looking for a bride was limited to my youth and I never really did search (married my high school sweetheart). I am sure that anyone that is really lonely would do about anything to find love so to them it might be good value. I also wish they would publish numbers of people who find love on these trips. Though that might be hard to quantify. Even so, my guess is the number of marriages resulting from these socials is probably quite low compared to the number of attendees - both for the men and women. Be nice to know though.
The correct poll, IMO, would compare different uses of equivalent money and time... for example, how many marriages result per 100 men using their precious vacation and $5000 for:

(1) a marriage tour abroad
(2) bachelor party in Vegas
(3) shopping around, then trading in car and signing a lease on a new model
(4) high adventure kayaking trip down the Colorado river

BTW, on another note, I also advocate DOMESTIC marriage tours, also known as WEDDINGS. I will be attending one this weekend, lavish Armenian wedding, single bridesmaids and other girls will be there decked out, but can't get my sons to join me there. Like a marriage tour, but FREE. Sometimes you can't even lead the horse to water.

Probably a big benefit to the marriage tours is just getting men to show up someplace WHERE THERE ARE WOMEN PRESENTING THEMSELVES.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Granted, I don't know an awful lot about these tours. But to me, at those prices, it seems like a shit investment. That money lasts me and the wife up to four months in the province, it's crazy.

Now I am not a very rich person at all nor do I have expensive tastes. When it comes to hotels I prefer cheap or better yet, skip hotels altogether and stay with friends or relatives. Now if I had been a cheap, naive middle aged Western businessman or a lonely old fool, sure I might go on one of these tours, why not? I'm simply not the target audience, lol.

Still... if I was a lonely single guy, finding a wife is something I'd go about solo. Just about any "how we met story" for the grandkids is more romantic then "we met on a crazy overpriced tour that brings lonely Westerners and golddigging Asians and Eastern Europeans together". :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Let me speak to this question from the standpoint of someone who is actually a member of the target demographic; that is, I am not young and can afford the tour. Would I do it? No. I am too fundamentally cheap and also love to travel on my own. I went on safari in Africa twice and my total expenditure (including 2 weeks at a beach resort) was less than the cost of some of these tours.

But I can understand why some guys do it, just as I can understand why some people travel abroad for non-romantic reasons and hire expensive tour companies to put together those tours. The reason is not that the guys are desperate and pathetic. The reason is that many guys are busy professionals who have no time (but have the cash) to spend months or years online investigating where to go and who to meet. They may not be interested in putting the months or years into online dating. They have little or no international travel experience and feel more comfortable in a tour environment, rather than just showing up in the Ukraine and hoping for the best. They like the idea of having a support system set up in their home country.

Let's consider how many guys on this very forum went abroad, met girls, felt that they got ripped off and came away disillusioned. If you are a busy professional with cash in your pocket and don't want that sort of experience - a tour might be the right thing for you.

Just presenting the other side of the coin.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

I believe if you have the income and are smart enough a Romance tour maybe right for you.

If you are too poor and too stupid than yes a Romance Tour is not right for you. Then your also too poor to travel abroad. Considering that means you have to spend a $1,000 on a flight round trip airfare, another $1,000 on accommodations with western standards, and at least $1,000 of travel/pocket money. You can spend over $3,000 before you even meet one f***ing Bitch.

Or you can meet dozens of chicks on a Romance tour.

An American wedding will also cost you on average $30,000. You cannot afford a romance tour you cannot afford an American Bitch either.

Too poor to travel, too poor for an American bitch and too poor for a Romance tour.

Thanks and enjoy :)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm also a target demographic of these tours.

Sure, I could just book a flight, a hotel for 2 weeks and hope I get lucky on a dating site. In fact I already did that several times.

But I have to tell you guys that last year after spending my first 2 weeks in Bangkok I had a total of 1 date.

I did get lots of dates after that, but it took me many weeks of getting to understand Thai culture, plus the dangers of dating in Thailand.

Sure, you could go and live in Asia. But quitting my job and not working in 2013 cost me over $50,000, so you see a romance tour is good value if you have a decent (or even a semi-decent) job and don't want to wreck your career by taking a gap year.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

I went abroad meeting chicks on dating sites. It costs me about $3,000 on average ($1,000 flight, $1,000 accommodations, $1,000 spending money).

Call me crazy but I believe in math. Meeting a couple chicks for $3,000 (in person and on dating sites) or meeting dozens of chicks for $3,000 - $5,000, hmmm seems to me Romance Tours are a Great f***ing Deal!

And if you cannot afford a Romance Tour. Well if you cannot afford a Romance Tour you are a f***ing loser and do not deserve to be talked to.