Feel like I am trapped in hell on earth

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Out in the world living the dream!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Feel like I am trapped in hell on earth

Post by Tsar »

Mr.Darcy wrote:US of hell is horrible.
The US is horrible for many young men.
Mr.Darcy wrote:I feel like I am stuck in a pickle.
Most young men are if they have no savings. It's going to be much worse is you have student loans.
Mr.Darcy wrote:I have pretty much a year of college left and I don't see any hope.
There's a lot of hope. The best thing to do is to finish college.

Mr.Darcy wrote:...it seems like every other livable country has strict immigration laws.
Nearly every country in the world has strict immigration laws. Many only give citizenship to a person if they have a parent, ancestor, or spouse with citizenship. Aside from that you either need to be wealthy or celebrity. Immigration to any other First World or Industrialized nation will be nearly impossible. The only country in Europe where permanent residency is relatively easy to gain is in Montenegro if you open a business. Working Holidays are offered to Americans by Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. There are many barriers to leaving America to expatriate as a commoner than most other countries. Other countries have better social programs, are more about blood (ethnic ties), and restrictive. With a business degree it will be very difficult to emigrate to another country because every country has a large number of students graduating with business degrees. STEM degrees have an easier time emigrating and so do agricultural majors if you consider Australia or New Zealand.
Mr.Darcy wrote:I graduate college, and get a corporate job in Atlanta or something. That sounds like hell lol. What am I going to do there? Everybody around me will be having the time of their lives while I will be some lonely black man stuck in the rat race.
It's better than being poor and unemployed in America. Everyone needs a job to save money to move abroad. Work, focus on yourself, and plan for the future. No one in America is having the time of their lives. They only believe they are having the time of their lives. The perception of reality is distorted for most people in America (and I would also add many in the Western World). Being one of the enlightened and realizing that they will eventually be destroyed, financially ruined, have substandard relationships, reach a crisis later in life where they wonder what they actually achieved, and then maybe having their eyes opened that they didn't find true happiness isn't a good life. The rat race in America is only present if you intend to stay in America, conform to the American ways (buy, spend, keep up, get an American wife, try to live on credit, get knocked down by American society, and then struggle to get back up, repeat). The rat race is nonexistent if you intend to eventually leave America or do something other than the American rat race.
Mr.Darcy wrote:Hawaii seems like paradise, but how will I make the move there?
You shouldn't want to move to Hawaii. Hawaii is much more expensive than the mainland, has one of the highest tax rates, and a high cost of living. You'll see a lot of girls in bikinis on the beaches and if you can't get one of them then it will probably make you more depressed.

How would you feel seeing girls like this in front of you everyday and not being able to have one of them or any (attractive) girl?
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hawaii-girls
Mr.Darcy wrote:How do I move to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands? Guam or Samoa lol?
An American has the right to move to any of the American territories.

Puerto Rico: 13.1% unemployment
Virgin Islands: 13% unemployment
Guam: 10% unemployment
American Samoa consistently has a 22%+ unemployment rate (23.8%, 2010)

Wages are also lower and the opportunities are virtually nonexistent in two of those four territories (Guam, and American Samoa), and the Virgin Islands isn't much better in many regards. Unless you have your own business or can somehow attract large numbers of tourists from the mainland and first world nations it might be very difficult to make it in three of the four. Did you think about it and read about those four American territories? They might be great for tourists, retirees, or a vacation home (if your rich) but life won't be economically better or economically easier compared to the mainland.
Last edited by Tsar on September 14th, 2014, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

As the OP is black, the obvious course of action would be to finish his degree, take some affirmative action sinecure with a multinational corporation where his duties will consist of being paraded around as a symbol of diversity in the workplace and then apply for a transfer overseas.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Cornfed wrote:As the OP is black, the obvious course of action would be to finish his degree, take some affirmative action sinecure with a multinational corporation where his duties will consist of being paraded around as a symbol of diversity in the workplace and then apply for a transfer overseas.
I'm a black male, not a woman. The system only caters to humans with vaginas not penises.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

manly5000 wrote:Hey DJ - is donating plasma something you can also do abroad or is it pretty much a western thing only? Anything you can do to stretch out your nestegg can only help you stay abroad longer without needing to actually work, so I'm totally open to suggestions. 8)
Yes you can... I don't have any experience, but from what I gather the donation centers are targeting the local population. For example KED Plasma has locations in the US and Europe. In Germany they need your Government issued ID - http://www.kedplasma.de/de/faqs?page=1&language=en

Getting residency in the EU is quite difficult, so getting an official ID is just as hard.

I don't know how restrictive Latin America is, I would have to investigate further. But you can easily live in TJ and donate in San Diego. The problem is rent at say $150 is problematic. The rooms or apartments available are sub-par, WAY below US/EU standards. You'll have to spend a bit more, about $200 a month to get something I would consider livable.

That would leave you with about $100 cash if you didn't get General Relief which varies. That said if you're in LA and mark that your homeless, you will max out at $225 a month. You will also get EBT and because you're homeless it will be maxed out as well, roughly the same amount.

You'll have to schedule about every six months or so you'll need to see your worker and you'll also need your mail forwarded or pick it up at a DSS office.

So saving up ahead of time for things like furnishings is paramount. It would be very hard to get what you need with the small amount of cash you would have available.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:As the OP is black, the obvious course of action would be to finish his degree, take some affirmative action sinecure with a multinational corporation where his duties will consist of being paraded around as a symbol of diversity in the workplace and then apply for a transfer overseas.
Stop being a moron and an as*hole at the same time.

Black male unemployment is higher than Black woman. Also several studies have proven that a White man with a criminal record is likely to get a job before a Black man without one and with more education.

Affirmative Action has been defeated by various states since the 1990's when Conservatives started saying Black racism is no longer the issue but reserve racism IS.

Since he's in school he should finish his degree and immediately defer his loans until he's earn enough to complete Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps.

Outside of that, I don't know what else to tell him he'll have to figure it out on his own.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Tsar giving advice to Mr Darcy is like the blind leading the blind....Even Stevie Wonder can see this....
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The wrote:Tsar giving advice to Mr Darcy is like the blind leading the blind....Even Stevie Wonder can see this....
I'm able to give advice about America. Everything in my post is logical and it is facts.
Last edited by Tsar on September 14th, 2014, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The wrote:Tsar giving advice to Mr Darcy is like the blind leading the blind....Even Stevie Wonder can see this....
What advice did you give? Nothing! What did I say that was wrong or nonfactual in my post? NOTHING! You were rude, inconsiderate, and made the effort to make an attack. I won't be treating you with respect until you start showing me respect. You could have passed by or realized my post was filled with relavent info, factual info, and logical info. Instead you choose to ignore it, look at my username, and make a rude claim.

Tell me what I said in my post that was incorrect? If you can't then you are acting ignorant and acting like a bastard. I'm tired of your f***ing attacks and aggressive comments towards anything I post.

I'm tired of your shit and all the shit you say about me. Always negative in your postings. Well I won't be nice in my replies anymore. I'm tired acting civilized when you do not treat me with the same respect. I'll treat you how you treat me. So I say to you ""F*CK YOU" and "STOP ACTING IGNORANT!"
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

****YAWN****
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The wrote:****YAWN****
Your second reply is even more immature than the first. Until you concede that you were wrong I will have no choice but to consider you ignorant. Where's your good advice for Mr. Darcy? Can you offer anything? Not willing to attempt to prove any of the facts in my post as wrong? Then that's another sign you don't want to concede you were rude, disrespectful, ignorant, and had no intention of contributing anything to Mr. Darcy but instead wanted to add a negative and illogical post against my perfectly factual advice.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

djfourmoney wrote:Black male unemployment is higher than Black woman. Also several studies have proven that a White man with a criminal record is likely to get a job before a Black man without one and with more education.
But might that not be because a lot of black males are illiterates, retards, ghetto dwellers and/or feral savages?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Wait wait wait... it might just be because I'm still celebrating and drunk off my ass right now so can't remember... but WHY exactly does everyone hate Mr. Darcy so much?

Give me the short short version a la Spaceballs wedding. 8)

Ah hell give me the long long version too... I got time to kill!
Out in the world living the dream!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Black male unemployment is higher than Black woman. Also several studies have proven that a White man with a criminal record is likely to get a job before a Black man without one and with more education.
But might that not be because a lot of black males are illiterates, retards, ghetto dwellers and/or feral savages?
Nice racism, you Hitler wannabe...It's Black racists, Asian racists and White racists like you guys that make life in the U.S., a horrible place to be in.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Nice racism, you Hitler wannabe...It's Black racists, Asian racists and White racists like you guys that make life in the U.S., a horrible place to be in.
I am merely pointing out a probable fact. A guy on another forum claimed he applied for about 400 government jobs in Washington State without getting the time of day. He then lied on the application form and said he was black, and three out of the next four jobs he applied for asked for his academic record. If he actually were black he would almost certainly be in a government sinecure now.