4 weeks to go... time for the checklist!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

The way you're going about it, might want to add in a solar charger for some of your gadgets.

Toothpaste- I never buy that. Mix some baking soda with water & you're good to go. Met a 1000 year old woman, ok she was old, when I started working in sales. When she laughed I noticed how perfect her teeth were. I said those are fake right ...? (My customers found my directness refreshing). She's the one that showed me what plain ol' baking soda can do over time.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

MrMan - okay I will reconsider bringing a tent along... I figured a 2-man pup tent would be light and mobile but maybe not.

xiongmao - cool thanks for the suggestion on the laptop!

In2dadark - where will you be going? I'll check ebay for laptops.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to go to SEA... guess it all depends on how much fun I'm having in Latin America! But I'll be sure to stock up before heading there if I do.

Here's a few more things I added to my list:

earplugs
money belt
fake wallet
Degree
Apostilles of degree
Out in the world living the dream!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

GREAT additions

The degree is big stuff among Latins, they love that stuff

Earplugs could be key if staying in a hostel or in a roadside motel room in a hot country
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Maybe an inflatable travel pillow for traveling on buses
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks!

Yeah the hostel was what I was thinking... guessing that the noise level can be pretty bad when trying to sleep in a shared dorm. Yep got a pillow in the list, definitely getting an inflatable. Will probably still bring a small sleeping bag too in case I come across hostels that give out nasty, dirty lookin sheets. Yuk! :P
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Well Friday was my last day at work. Huge turnout at the after-work get-together and had such a fun drunken night out wandering around the D (Detroit for you non-Michiganders) with all my work friends. Now I'm sitting here realizing that there is no turning back. And also that it's weird as hell that I don't really have to worry about making any income for the next 18-24 months!

On a related note, I got a recommendation to get a "Survival Straw". How would y'all rate that compared to something like water purification tabs?