Do American Men Typically Make Lousy Husbands?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Do American Men Typically Make Lousy Husbands?

Post by MrMan »

I've read a lot of posts on this forum about how that American women are no good, make lousy wives, etc.

What about American men? Are American men selfish and immature?

Are they either wusses who don't know how to provide leadership for their women and families, or else cads who take advantage of women?

Would you want your sister, if you have one, marrying an American man, or do you think she'd be happier marrying someone from abroad?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I don't know, but I suspect the answer would be yes to a larger extent, because those are the sort of men females choose as husbands, albeit for different reasons.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Many US-men are afraid of legal consequences, so they manage a life-style which is about why shall I care...

How can a husband provide leadership for a wife if he has no right to do this?

How can a father discipline his children, especially girls, if he has no right to do it?

Most men, especially fathers in USA, if they have a good job and income will remain silent, because in case of any dispute the wife and children need only to call police or child protection services etc. and claiming domestic violence, sexual harassment, child abuse etc., and the poor guy is in jail, his house and savings gone and the ex-wife invites her new boyfriend to move in.

False accusations are very common and men - even boys - are nothing but 2nd class citizens.
Basically any woman who is married, or at least together with a man in a long-time co-habitation relationship can do with the man whatever she likes. She can kick him out anytime,

Many Western countries are nothing better than USA, plenty of false accusations, but USA is extreme regarding harsh law enforcement, the man is guilty until proven innocent.

Well, a 2nd class citizen (male) is not supposed to give any leadership to a 1st class citizen (female).
Are American men selfish and immature?
In general, it is the man in USA who is earning money, using little for himself and gives the big remaining part of his income to his wife and children.

I cannot call this selfish - but maybe immature.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:Many US-men are afraid of legal consequences, so they manage a life-style which is about why shall I care...

How can a husband provide leadership for a wife if he has no right to do this?

How can a father discipline his children, especially girls, if he has no right to do it?

Most men, especially fathers in USA, if they have a good job and income will remain silent, because in case of any dispute the wife and children need only to call police or child protection services etc. and claiming domestic violence, sexual harassment, child abuse etc., and the poor guy is in jail, his house and savings gone and the ex-wife invites her new boyfriend to move in.
My wife can get a little mouthy during her period, but I'm not going to beat the snot out of her. I think my wife's got enough integrity and care for our family unit not to lie to the police about me. I don't think spanking kids is illegal around here, though I don't have to do that much with the little ones, and not too severely. My kids wouldn't think to train the police. I hope to have them well-trained enough and have a good enough relationship with them when they get to be teens so that they wouldn't think of accusing me of something to the cops.

Some American women would do things like that. Not all would.
False accusations are very common and men - even boys - are nothing but 2nd class citizens.
Basically any woman who is married, or at least together with a man in a long-time co-habitation relationship can do with the man whatever she likes. She can kick him out anytime,
Most healthy men could beat their women to a pulp or even to death any time they want. That doesn't mean that they will do such a thing. It's physically possible, but women still match up with men in spite of it.

Even if you lived in Saudi Arabia and had the legal advantage, your wife could stab you in your sleep. It could happen, but that doesn't mean it will.

In the midst of all this, a man could still lead his home, especially if he chooses a decent wife with good morals.

I do think there may be something to two generations of feminism teaching men not to lead, not to be good men, etc.

The sexual revolution also messed men up. Many men just use women for sex. I read the phrase 'pump and dump' on here a lot. Many of the posters here seem to think lowly of women in general, as instruments to fulfill sexual pleasure rather than as people. I wouldn't want my relatives or my wife's relatives to have a relationship with some of these men.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

My Ukrainian GF told me that in the Ukraine, American men have a reputation of being the world's best husbands. But I would bet that a Ukrainian woman who married a typical American man would get tired of his wimpiness after a while.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote: Most healthy men could beat their women to a pulp or even to death any time they want. That doesn't mean that they will do such a thing. It's physically possible, but women still match up with men in spite of it.
Women are at least as violent as men.

While men are using usually their bare hands, women are using dangerous items, like heavy ashtrays, flower pots, plates and inflict often serious injuries to the male partner.

The point is if a man is beating up his wife 'to a pulp' he will be sent to jail.

However there are even laws which make it possible for a wife to kill her husband while he is sleeping - she later on claims abuse (no proof required, just claiming) - and she walks free out of the courtroom.

There are consequences for a man mistreating his wife, but there are hardly any consequences for a wife mistreating her husband.

It should be also noticed that domestic violence is instigated by women as a majority, most child abuse is done by mothers and not by fathers.
The sexual revolution also messed men up. Many men just use women for sex. I read the phrase 'pump and dump' on here a lot. Many of the posters here seem to think lowly of women in general, as instruments to fulfill sexual pleasure
You cannot blame men for choosing the variant which is the best for them, you have to blame feminism for creating a situation which gives men the choice between easy prostitution and risky marriage, and clearly prostitution is the better choice for men in many Western countries.

I can assure you out of my own experience that dating in Western Europe is a time-consuming and rather expensive procedure. - I was also long time ago a dreamer, but not anymore.

Men believe in 'pump and dump' because women are doing this with men all the time 'give me money or I do not love you anymore' etc.

Where is this Western woman, who has not at least 5 or 8 boyfriends all the time and sex with plenty of men since her 13th birthday? In Europe abortion is already a kind of 'life-style'.

Looking back I can only say, I was an unsuccessful dreamer/idiot when I was around 20 - 25 years old, and all what I spent for dating at that time I should have better spent for sex-services paid per 30 minutes.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Americans are generally scum regardless of sex.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

American men are the world's most dedicated beta-providers, but this is not tantamount to being the best husbands. A good husband is the alpha of a household, not a beta. Feminism and the state have squeezed this ability out of American men.

Women tire of a provider who no longer gets them wet with excitement. That is why American women initiate divorce 80 percent of the time.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
MrMan wrote: Most healthy men could beat their women to a pulp or even to death any time they want. That doesn't mean that they will do such a thing. It's physically possible, but women still match up with men in spite of it.
Women are at least as violent as men.

While men are using usually their bare hands, women are using dangerous items, like heavy ashtrays, flower pots, plates and inflict often serious injuries to the male partner.

The point is if a man is beating up his wife 'to a pulp' he will be sent to jail.

However there are even laws which make it possible for a wife to kill her husband while he is sleeping - she later on claims abuse (no proof required, just claiming) - and she walks free out of the courtroom.
I see your point, but there are marriages and shack-up relationships where the woman isn't violent and the man is, relationships where the wife is violent, but the man is, and relationships where the wife is violent for so long, the man finally defends himself or even snaps and really lets her have it.
It should be also noticed that domestic violence is instigated by women as a majority, most child abuse is done by mothers and not by fathers.
I've heard similar stuff on the manosphere. I think I heard it's about equal in regard to domestic violence. But I'm not clear if the 'child abuse' figure includes moderate spanking. Some of the manosphere guys who spread this stuff are liberals who adopt a kind of feminist philosophy and apply it to the manosphere.
The sexual revolution also messed men up. Many men just use women for sex. I read the phrase 'pump and dump' on here a lot. Many of the posters here seem to think lowly of women in general, as instruments to fulfill sexual pleasure
You cannot blame men for choosing the variant which is the best for them, you have to blame feminism for creating a situation which gives men the choice between easy prostitution and risky marriage, and clearly prostitution is the better choice for men in many Western countries.
Immorality is immorality whether or not society is messed up. Men still have the option to marry women whose mindsets are counter-cultural in our society, whether foreign or domestic.
Where is this Western woman, who has not at least 5 or 8 boyfriends all the time and sex with plenty of men since her 13th birthday? In Europe abortion is already a kind of 'life-style'.
Well, at 13, I think you can still find plenty that haven't had sex. Sadly, some kids have sex that early, though.

I've got little girls, and they aren't allowed to do the tween and early teen dating thing. My 2nd grader was asking me if she could have a boyfriend when she turned 19 yesterday. I told her we could talk about it when she turned 19.
Looking back I can only say, I was an unsuccessful dreamer/idiot when I was around 20 - 25 years old, and all what I spent for dating at that time I should have better spent for sex-services paid per 30 minutes.
You could be telling us about your 'battle scars' from doing this, too, in the form of blisters, boils, and warts.