Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Which forum theme do you prefer when we upgrade to phpbb3?

Artodia Elegance
12%
Artodia Ultra Blue
18%
Artodia Phantom
6%
Proglass
24%
SubAndreas
29%
Subsilver
No votes
Prosilver
12%

Total votes: 17
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I think the ppl want Sub Andreas.
I already explained why we can't use that one. Scroll up. Jamesbond would be pissed too because his avatars would be very small and above each post, not to the side like it is now.

It's either Artodia Ultra Blue, or the current one.
I found one you might like: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... tion/demo/
I already looked over that one. The blue in it is too dark. We don't want dark colors cause they look gloomy. We are already gloomy enough as it is. The forum theme should have some soft soothing uplifting colors, like the theme we have now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just finished installing Artodia Ultra Blue on my other forum. Check it out. What do you think?

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

Wouldn't that theme look great on our forum too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:I just finished installing Artodia Ultra Blue on my other forum. Check it out. What do you think?

Not to spin this into the usual topics, but i find GUIs in general have become somewhat vapid and feminine. Interfaces with sharp, contrasted text and borders have disappeared, except for some business applications.
Now we have to choose among rosy/pastel flowery presentations, even in full fledged OSs. I guess it's the market catering for an increasing female and hipster/metro dude demand.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:I just finished installing Artodia Ultra Blue on my other forum. Check it out. What do you think?

Winston, the avatars are too small on that forum, they are only 180 x 180 pixels. You need to keep the avatars the same size they are now, 200 x 300 pixels.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I think the ppl want Sub Andreas.
I already explained why we can't use that one. Scroll up. Jamesbond would be pissed too because his avatars would be very small and above each post, not to the side like it is now.

It's either Artodia Ultra Blue, or the current one.
I found one you might like: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... tion/demo/
I already looked over that one. The blue in it is too dark. We don't want dark colors cause they look gloomy. We are already gloomy enough as it is. The forum theme should have some soft soothing uplifting colors, like the theme we have now.
I think the dark contrasts makes the text easier to read. Plus that one has the Blue/Orange color scheme we currently have now.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

After testing Artodia Blue on my other forum, I'm having second thoughts about it. Some of the buttons are hard to find, and the dirty white background feels kind of gloomy. The white background we had before felt more uplifting and clean.

Also, in the posts, you can't see a PM button to send a PM to someone. You have to hover over the username with the mouse cursor to see a PM button appear. That's kind of lame. Many people will not know that there is a PM button there unless they hover their cursor over the user name, which there is no guarantee they will do. That's a stupid flaw.

Perhaps we should just upgrade to Prosilver. We can change the colors of Prosilver, because the blue is too bright in it, to the shade of blue we have in the current theme. And we can use a mod to move the avatars from the right side to the left side.

What do you all think?

I prefer the look of our current theme. But another advantage of upgrading is that phpbb3 now has a mobile theme where all I do is upload it and mobile users will be redirected to it. This might be a major issue as more users come here from their mobile phones and tablets.

What do you think?

sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

Artodia Ultra Blue or SubAndreas.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Update:

After testing Artodia Blue on my other forum, I'm having second thoughts about it. Some of the buttons are hard to find, and the dirty white background feels kind of gloomy. The white background we had before felt more uplifting and clean.

Also, in the posts, you can't see a PM button to send a PM to someone. You have to hover over the username with the mouse cursor to see a PM button appear. That's kind of lame. Many people will not know that there is a PM button there unless they hover their cursor over the user name, which there is no guarantee they will do. That's a stupid flaw.

Perhaps we should just upgrade to Prosilver. We can change the colors of Prosilver, because the blue is too bright in it, to the shade of blue we have in the current theme. And we can use a mod to move the avatars from the right side to the left side.

What do you all think?

I prefer the look of our current theme. But another advantage of upgrading is that phpbb3 now has a mobile theme where all I do is upload it and mobile users will be redirected to it. This might be a major issue as more users come here from their mobile phones and tablets.

What do you think?
Yes, just do that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you think of the Subsilver2 theme? I think it looks better than Prosilver and looks like a decent blue theme, similar to this one.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ver2/demo/

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
July 13th, 2014, 9:57 am
Artodia Ultra Blue is really the classiest of the lot.
That's one of my favorites too. Looks best. See below. But unfortunately it's no longer available for the latest version of the forum. :(

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ltra_blue/

HappyGuy

Re: Re:

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 12:15 am
That's one of my favorites too. Looks best. See below. But unfortunately it's no longer available for the latest version of the forum. :(
Boo hoo you'll have to go with the beach themes and lower your blood pressure from all the relaxation you're getting.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Post by Winston »

Renata wrote:
July 13th, 2014, 5:09 am
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.
SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.
You always ask for opinions & advice then you just do whatever you want, because you've already pre-selected haven't you? :lol: Regardless of the majority vote. :roll: So I'll just vote at random.
You're not thinking clearly or rationally @Renata. I thought you were smarter than that. Let me explain the obvious.

When I do polls it's just to see what people think. Of course I care what members think, that's why I changed that 1996 theme early because many found it unbearable. So users' opinions are a factor to me that I take into account. But of course, just as a king has his advisors, I don't have to listen to everyone's advice. Sometimes I feel the advice is wrong and will make a different decision. No king is obligated to take the advice of his advisors if he doesn't think it's the best choice. Come on. You are assuming that everyone's advice is wise and good and better than mine. That's an obvious fallacy. I thought you were a lot smarter than to assume such an obvious fallacy.

Just because I ask for advice or feedback or polls doesn't mean I will always go with majority opinion. Majority is not always right. There is bad advice too. Like the expert advice I got to move my website to VPS before. It's been nothing but trouble on VPS, it's increased my costs and my site ranking went down after I move to VPS. So that was BAD advice from my expert webmaster friend. Bad advice does exist you know, and can result in the wrong decisions. I'm sure you know that. So why do I need to explain it? I don't understand why I need to explain so many obvious things to you folks which you should know without explanation. Very weird. You should be smart enough to know this already.

Ultimately I gotta go with my best judgment, not blindly listen to what others say, even if they are wrong. I'm sure you and every wise person does the same. Asking for advice and running polls are just ways of gathering data to consider as a FACTOR, not as a vote in Congress to decide an issue. So I think you are confused.