Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Which forum theme do you prefer when we upgrade to phpbb3?

Artodia Elegance
12%
Artodia Ultra Blue
18%
Artodia Phantom
6%
Proglass
24%
SubAndreas
29%
Subsilver
No votes
Prosilver
12%

Total votes: 17
Winston
Site Admin

Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Post by Winston »

Now that the migration to Bluehost is complete, our new project is to upgrade the forum to phpbb3 and select a new forum theme there. I've looked at all of them and narrowed it down to these choices. Please look at all of them and vote on which one you like best.

They all look nice and are blue and white themes. But we gotta decide on one of them. So I wanted to know which one you all prefer. Look at the demo of all of them below. Then cast your vote above.

Artodia Elegance
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ance/demo/

Artodia Ultra Blue
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... blue/demo/

Artodia Phantom
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ntom/demo/

Proglass
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/proglass/demo/

SubAndreas
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... as08/demo/

Subsilver
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ver3/demo/

Prosilver (the default theme)
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... lver/demo/
Last edited by Winston on July 17th, 2014, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.
SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.
Last edited by Winston on July 13th, 2014, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.
Looks clean, not sure about the font though.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.
What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

SubAndreas for me..Much cleaner and fonts are bigger and crisp :)
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote:

You always ask for opinions & advice then you just do whatever you want, because you've already pre-selected haven't you? :lol: Regardless of the majority vote. :roll: So I'll just vote at random.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Renata wrote:
Winston wrote:

You always ask for opinions & advice then you just do whatever you want, because you've already pre-selected haven't you? :lol: Regardless of the majority vote. :roll:
Maybe I just want to see if the majority vote will be the same as mine. :)

No really though. That's not true. In the ladies forum, you suggested that the theme be purple, and we changed it to that. Remember?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.
What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?
I mean the home page, and the homepage is just old looking content and photo's. It could be cleaner. Think of it as running a restaurant.... Would you eat at a place that looks old and disorganised?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Artodia Ultra Blue is really the classiest of the lot.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
I mean the home page, and the homepage is just old looking content and photo's. It could be cleaner. Think of it as running a restaurant.... Would you eat at a place that looks old and disorganised?
The home page is not disorganized. It's just compacted with a lot of things jammed close together. Look at CNN's home page. It's has way more stuff compacted close together than mine does. Yet it works and is successful. Why? lol

http://www.cnn.com

FYI, people eat at places that look old if it brings them a feeling of nostalgia or has an earthy cozy feel. It's the location that matters.

Come on you guys. We need more votes on the themes.

Renata, which theme do you like?

Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
The home page is not disorganized. It's just compacted with a lot of things jammed close together. Look at CNN's home page. It's has way more stuff compacted close together than mine does. Yet it works and is successful. Why? lol

http://www.cnn.com

FYI, people eat at places that look old if it brings them a feeling of nostalgia or has an earthy cozy feel. It's the location that matters.

Come on you guys. We need more votes on the themes.

Renata, which theme do you like?
This website looks like throw up from the early 90s. You don't have the tech skills or creativity to take this website to the next level. But I do :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also Eurobrat,
AFA's site is very compacted with a lot of stuff close together too. Yet they get half a million visitors per month and are ranked very well. Have a look:

http://www.loveme.com

You see what I mean?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I forgot to mention that we could also use the default theme for phpbb3 too, which is Prosilver and is also blue and white. I forgot to add that to the poll options. I'll do it now. What do you think of it?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... lver/demo/

The thing is, I'm not sure how customizable the other themes are, since they have different designers. But Prosilver is easier to customize for sure.