What's your cash over-under for moving abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Re: What's your cash over-under for moving abroad?

Post by skateboardstephen »

manly5000 wrote:Hey all,

Wanted to get a discussion going on the minimum cash savings you guys would need to have before leaving the west and moving abroad... The conditions of this being that you plan on either finding a job or will be making money online within a few months of arriving in your country of choice (as opposed to retiring). Some other considerations are that you have no debt whatsoever, nor do you have anything or anyone here that would compel you to stay longer or anchor you in any way, such as a house, or family of any kind.

For me I'd say that I'd want to have enough to support myself for at LEAST 6 months living like a local, plus enough to both get a CELTA (if I decided to teach English) AND have a nice little vacation my first few weeks abroad and live it up a bit and have some fun. After so many rough years here I gotta cut loose a little bit before I hunker down and start working. 8)

So not sure how much that would be... 10 grand maybe? Maybe even lower with some tight budgeting and finding work sooner than later?

Looking forward to your thoughts.
You have to also think about health care...which is something that is not spoken much about.My wife as a health plan in Brazil but i don't (yet) and i had to go to a public hospital which was the most horrible experience ever.You don't want to go to a public hospital in Brazil...even the doctor looked dirty,the place smelled like death a women was dying on a bed across from me.You need you own private heath plan.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

skateboardstephen wrote:
Stephen and his wife live on about 600R a month. Favela rent is cheap, Whites automatically think its dangerous; maybe because its so unlike their usually plush middle class upbringing. As long as you listen to the locals who know where its dangerous or the police may pick on you, like in Brazil. Its best to enter Rochina through the main entry and exit the same way, otherwise if you use one of the alternative exits/entries are scrutinized by local law enforcement and treat you accordingly Gringo or not, maybe even more of if you are a Gringo.

Whoa pump the breaks there we don't live that cheaply.More like on a combined income of $R1,500 a month give or take sometimes a little more if i have to cover for a co-worker who frequently travels.The Favela is not as bad as the media portrays it to be..there are some really bad ones but one will figure out where they are..One Myth is that the Favlea=Poor which is not true...on my beco (alley) there is a cop that lives there and has a nice house..my neighbor has a good job working in some office (and a hot wife,and he is Afro-Brazilian by the way)My wife's sister's husband is a nurse he built a nice house in the Favela and likes it just fine..his kid always wears expensive shit.My other neighbor owns the a bar right across from my house,has a brand new car and has young women often appear going in and out of his house and he is a old Afro-Brazilian dude.
Okay, thanks for clearing the air. Then you get paid more for teaching English than I thought and at $1,500R you are right at what the Brazilian Gov considers "Middle Class" for a family of four. You are a family of two (for the foreseeable future?) and that should allow you from freedom.

$1,500R at current exchange rates is 2.38R to $1 = $630 US

That's very affordable compared to living state-side. I also agree that the threat of violence in Favelas is overblown. But Americans think Mexico is dangerous and I have been down there during the height of most of the violence, not that its waned any.

http://www.liveinbrazil.org/7-reasons-t ... -a-favela/

http://ehrosenberg.com/

The one constant I notice is White men especially love to talk about the safety conditions of poor areas without setting foot in them ever and getting information, 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand or relying strictly on the print/video news media.

I will hold any opinion about with my own eyes.

Thanks for the information Stephen.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

decentrader wrote:guys...you can have the time of your life at the moment in greece.prices are the cheapest in europe,the country has a first world infast.
the weather is great,but also you never been 150 km far from a well organized ski resort.
women are hot...and they need support.im at my mid 50's and many hot students are consider me
a blessing to theyr lives.
[img][img]http://s19.postimg.org/psqd813gz/sofia_v.jpg[/img][/img]
She's a very attractive Greek girl but how many Greek girls that look like that would actually be virgins? I could imagine it being easy to get with a girl because they have a terrible economy and very high youth unemployment.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Tsar wrote:
decentrader wrote:guys...you can have the time of your life at the moment in greece.prices are the cheapest in europe,the country has a first world infast.
the weather is great,but also you never been 150 km far from a well organized ski resort.
women are hot...and they need support.im at my mid 50's and many hot students are consider me
[img][img]http://s19.postimg.org/psqd813gz/sofia_v.jpg[/img][/img]
She's a very attractive Greek girl but how many Greek girls that look like that would actually be virgins? I could imagine it being easy to get with a girl because they have a terrible economy and very high youth unemployment.
None... Look man we told you where to go, Greece was not mentioned. Orthodox Greeks are behind the Golden Dome party that don't like immigrants very much.

I don't understand this White male fantasy with high unemployment rates and women being more willing to lower their standards or become concubines as Marc Faber has half-jokingly said.

The obsession with virginity, IE the clock is ticking on you. As I have suggested before try an Russian Orthodox Christian. Typically dress conservatively, serious about their faith, do no support gay marriage in Russia.

Right up your alley.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Do you know a good website for finding Greek women?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Hero wrote:
There is none. Why not Google "Greek Dating Sites" to see what comes up? I have found Greek women on various IR dating sites. Never in great numbers but some are around, looking for American men.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

djfourmoney wrote:
Hero wrote:
There is none. Why not Google "Greek Dating Sites" to see what comes up? I have found Greek women on various IR dating sites. Never in great numbers but some are around, looking for American men.
Looking for black chocolate right :lol:
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

eurobrat wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Hero wrote:
Is that hard to believe?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

djfourmoney wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Hero wrote:
Is that hard to believe?
Most ridiculous statement ever made. And not true at all for most europeans. And even if she does like you because she has some black fetish then she is bound to be pretty shallow.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Okay, thanks for clearing the air. Then you get paid more for teaching English than I thought and at $1,500R you are right at what the Brazilian Gov considers "Middle Class" for a family of four. You are a family of two (for the foreseeable future?) and that should allow you from freedom.

Ha..middle class.Yeah right.I wish i was making more like over $R2,500 a month by myself and what ever my wife makes(which is minim wage) to me that is a middle class income in Brazil.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Re: What's your cash over-under for moving abroad?

Post by sushiman »

manly5000 wrote:So not sure how much that would be... 10 grand maybe?
Yeah I think your $10K number is solid. That'll last way more than 6 months in a place like the PI or CN, or even JP/KR, and give you time to study the landscape, meet people, and decide how you will make money. But I'd suggest doing some research and finding out how you plan on making money *first*, before getting on the plane.

Of course there are some people who will split for the Philippines with just a few thousand, start teaching english or whatever, and make it work. But not everyone is okay with risk like that…
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

'preciate the input gents.... thanks!
Out in the world living the dream!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

eurobrat wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Hero wrote: Do you know a good website for finding Greek women?
Is that hard to believe?
Most ridiculous statement ever made. And not true at all for most europeans. And even if she does like you because she has some black fetish then she is bound to be pretty shallow.
I never said, most or all. I said a few and a few is enough. Less than 3% of Americans have a passport or could even find Greece on a map. Less than 1% of AA have a passport, no need to worry about them throwing up Gang signs and trying to holla at women that are clearly repulsed by their presents.

For a White guy you sure have alot to say about Interracial Relationships lately. May I remind you, its not your job to moderate expectations as you really don't care; maybe you're just instigating sh*t because your bored out of your mind? After all for about eight months you didn't post here, just lurked I guess.

I have no personal beef with you, so I don't know why you have a personal beef with me all of sudden.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

skateboardstephen wrote:

Ha..middle class.Yeah right.I wish i was making more like over $R2,500 a month by myself and what ever my wife makes(which is minim wage) to me that is a middle class income in Brazil.
I never said that what is experienced on the ground is how the Government sees it. After all in America $50,000 is considered Middle Class, but there's plenty of data to suggest to have a standard middle class lifestyle in America it cost upwards of $100,000 and $150,00 is normal for medium wage earning couple with two children.

My parents at peak annual income was about $120,000. Now in retirement its still about $70,000 and they manage to spend every penny of it...

The data set I quoted was on Canasta or "Basic Basket" in 2008.

You mean at $2,500R you could afford the standard "American" lifestyle, which would me a decent apartment, the usual including internet and smartphone data plan and a car (brand new or late model)?

Things that are expensive in Brazil -

Imported Cars, Electronics, Clothes and some food items.

When you eliminate those from the monthly budget, I know I can do what I want for $1,000US a month (2,341R). Stage 1 will run from 2-3 months to 6 months.

I may take my cat with me and if that's the case there's no need to rush back home....