Wow! More proof about our claims!!!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

Wow! More proof about our claims!!!

Post by steve55 »

It's not just dr Laura Schlesinger and social psychologist jean twenge that directly say that there is a tendency for American women to have unrealistic expectations of men, see this neutral non bias Christian based website about marriage. The author is an American woman. Funny how all the experts Winston and I use to validate our claims are all American women. Lol

Source- http://marriagemissions.com/twelve-marriage-killers/

• Unrealistic expectations. Some couples come into marriage anticipating rose-covered cottages, walks down primrose lanes, uninterrupted joy. Counselor Jean Lush believes, and I agree, that this romantic illusion is particularly characteristic of American women who expect more from their husbands than they are capable of delivering. The consequent disappointment is an emotional trap. Bring your expectations in line with reality.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Wow! More proof about our claims!!!

Post by djfourmoney »

steve55 wrote:It's not just dr Laura Schlesinger and social psychologist jean twenge that directly say that there is a tendency for American women to have unrealistic expectations of men, see this neutral non bias Christian based website about marriage. The author is an American woman. Funny how all the experts Winston and I use to validate our claims are all American women. Lol

Source- http://marriagemissions.com/twelve-marriage-killers/

• Unrealistic expectations. Some couples come into marriage anticipating rose-covered cottages, walks down primrose lanes, uninterrupted joy. Counselor Jean Lush believes, and I agree, that this romantic illusion is particularly characteristic of American women who expect more from their husbands than they are capable of delivering. The consequent disappointment is an emotional trap. Bring your expectations in line with reality.
Its not that I have never concurred with how the church generally feels about marriage and how it should be managed; I get tired of the religious freaks that want to take it a step further which they have much in-common with hardcore Islamist even if they don't wanna hear it.

But Steve you have to remember the reverse happens as well. Many men don't measure up even with given enough chances to change their direction in life. While its a woman's fault to procreate with those men, that's just fear of a middling woman (5 or 6) that this is her only opportunity to have children, so I can't blame her for doing that.

That's why its unfair to blanket Single Mothers, sometimes they know they married losers and made a mistake. But maybe it was to get out of a abusive relationship with one or both of their parents. Maybe there parents were not ready to let go of them.

There's lots of possibilities here.

The real problem in America is age, age and more age. Young women (and men) extend adolescence into their mid to late 20's. This is vastly different than even 40-50 years ago. That's why younger women say about 25 don't want to get into a serious relationship with men around 30. Because they know men about that age are ready to settle down and have children and women don't like the idea of being a mother as it shift them from being the young single woman to the doldrums of motherhood which they say they aren't ready for.

That is generalizing but more often than not that was the case. There was only one women I knew that was attractive, unmarried, no children who wanted to get married and have children. I blew any opportunity of that by not being honest about my financial position (unemployed). Truthfully I wasn't unemployed, I just wasn't generating much money with the business I had (DJ). So I should have taken it more seriously from a financial POV, but hindsight is always 20/20.

So by the time I reached 30, the problems started because only single mothers would take an interest in me or chubby girls and that is acceptable. I did relent and hook up with my ex who was chubby. Lesson learned.