Keep Coming Up With More Reasons to Move.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

tre wrote:
zacb wrote:
tre wrote:
Halwick wrote:
tre wrote:We Libertarians are the Liberty Party. Liberals are not as they are for taking your money if you have it. Liberals want the government involved in your life. They don't want you to have the freedom to choose in MANY instances. They are not really fans of Religion and they want to force religion to adopt their corrupt ideas. Libertarians are for personal liberty and personal responsibility. While we might have slightly more in common with the Conservatives, we don't like war and we don't like the Police State. Conservatives have no respect for people who believe differently than they do (not of fan of any religion besides Christianity).

NEITHER side is for REALLY cutting spending and neither side is against the War on Drugs or legalized p4p. Libertarians might not ALL be religious, but they believe in your freedom to believe and practice religion as you wish. It's really the only party that does. In short, the Libertarian is the common sense party...

With freedom comes the ability to choose what you will do with your life and how you will believe. Some people will make good choices and some will not. I'd prefer freedom over force....no contest.

Unfortunately, the Elites do all they can go brush away the Libertarian Party. It is clear that any liberty minded candidate for President will never be allowed to win. They have become too powerful and have control of everything. That is why the USA will never again be a free country...

My reason for wanting to leave is due to the ridiculous politics causing the destruction of this country. I'm tired of watching it day by day....on it's way into the shitter. I need a break from it...many years away from it. While it is true that most countries I'd go to are also not free, at least I'd have a break from watching MY country's destruction. The stress of it is killing me...literally.
Very interesting thoughts. So...WHERE will you go and WHAT countries abroad fits the Libertarian model?
The founders of this country could definitely be considered Libertarians. They truly fought for freedom, unlike the warmongering the USA is involved in today. Unfortunately there is NO country abroad that fits the Libertarian model. Government, in general, likes power and thus, hates liberty. The USA had liberty for a few years before government took it away due to the ignorance of the people. I doubt we will ever see liberty again...anywhere in the world. The best we can do is go where we can put up with life in general. For me, that means going abroad. However, I'd come back if there was a collapse simply for the reason of protecting my family...
I would argue more Classical Liberal (which would allow for some limited welfare), but on the whole, yeah, they would be libertarian Republicans and Democrats.
Don't mistake Government welfare for charity as they are VASTLY different. Government doesn't make money in and of itself and anything they give to others has to be robbed from someone else. That is what Government Welfare is. Charity, on the other hand, is given to someone by someone willingly...no government involvement. The people back then were more charitable than they are today, which makes perfect sense. People back then were just happy to have FREEDOM and the ability to do what they feel is best for themselves and their families. They all worked hard and there was obviously more of a sense of community. Today, the government FORCES us to give them money so that they can give it to someone else (very little of which goes to welfare for those that need it). Those that are forced are not going to feel very charitable at that point and will feel that they have given enough already. In truth, direct charity is much better than government welfare as we all know that government likes to squander money. Not much goes for anything that benefits any of us. The givers are taken out of the equation and have no choice as to where their money goes...not rewarding at all. The rewards of doing good are destroyed by the lack of true freedom. People in this type of society lose "feeling" for their fellow man. It doesn't surprise me that selfishness and moral decay are some of the results...
I guess what I am getting at is many founding fathers were for various social welfare policies. Jefferson and Rush were for public education, Franklin a post office, Hamilton a central bank, (not a founding father, but still influential) Adam Smith a minimum wage, some from the Whig Party the Alien and Sedition Act, etc. . I guess what I am saying is not all the founding fathers were libertarians or conservative in the strict sense. I would say Classical Liberals, since even some Classical Liberals supported some minimal welfare (like FA Hayek).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com