Do US veterans deserve respect/donations? How do they "serve our country" or "defend our freedoms" exactly?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Cornfed wrote:[] I'm pretty sure they also wouldn't consider it a success to surrender their daughters to corporate whoredom in the way you do either.
lol. It really burns your a** that my daughter who is only a few months out of college is earning probably triple or quadruple what you are, doesn't it?
Lol, yeah I'm really jealous that I too can't be paid a fortune to turn up at an office wearing tight clothing, give out the odd blow job and be used as a cum dumpster at corporate functions, as has always been my ambition.:roll:

Actually, the situation does burn my a**, but not quite for the reason you seem to think.
I have a feeling your knowledge of the corporate environment is limited to television. These days sleeping with the boss isn't a fast track to promotions, it's career suicide. Usually only secretaries and interns are that dumb. Most corporate ladies actually have miserable sex lives due to a lack of partners that make more money than they do.
Eh, television doesn't depict them as the hoes that they are. The obvious goal over time is to turn all attractive females into a giant communal harem that only the ruling class can tap into. Hence you are likely right that corporate whores sleeping with their immediate boss is career suicide now, assuming the boss is a man. These days their immediate boss is likely to be another female, in which case quite likely they are expected to sleep with her. This also is part of the reason they are paid so much, despite being lazy assholes with no technical abilities and joke degrees in the main. High pay will cause them to distain men who are paid less and so be the exclusive fuckdolls of the elite.
Spinsterhood is more likely than whoredom.
Whoredom followed by spinsterhood/crazy cat ladydom, like most other Western sluts.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:...before you donate:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/

The American Red Cross has overhead of 10% and delivers 90% of its money on programs that helps people:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... orgid=3277

Compared to the National Veterans Services Fund, with 81.6% overhead and delivers only 18.4% of its money to help Veterans:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... orgid=7591

That is, for every dollar donated to the National Veterans Services Fund, the Veterans only get 18.4 cents.
I agree with your larger point here, some of he veterans charities are quite mercenary.

However I do want to add, even though Red Cross enjoys great respect, and I have had a couple of positive interactions with them, they also are known for raising money for causes after the cause has totally been funded. In other words they too have become corporatized. To me charity is ideally given directly to those who need it, like good old St Nicholas used to do it, dropping it down the chimney. (Must not have been paper money.)

If giving through an organization, IMO, give to an organization directly involved in a cause you directly believe in.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do US veterans deserve respect/donations? How do they "serve our country" or "protect our freedoms" exactly?

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't get.

Why does everyone always say that "veterans serve our country" and "protect our freedoms" and that anyone that's been in the military has "served their country" such as John McCain?

How do veterans serve their country exactly? I don't see a shred of evidence to prove it or back it up. Everyone chants this like a mindless zombie with a hive mind. And of course, we all know that it's rude and taboo to question it. So no one dares to. Even many freethinkers in the UFO/Paranormal/Conspiracy movement and subculture do not question it. For example, George Noory, host of Coast to Coast AM and Robert Stanley claim that veterans serve their country too, even though there's not a scintilla of evidence to back it up. Because it sounds good and patriotic and is too offensive to question.

Technically, veterans in the US military are serving the corporations and shadow government and bankers that run and own America. They help them plunder other countries, and control other countries for profit, power and strategic dominance. How does that serve the American people? I don't get it. Can someone explain?

No one dares to question this, so I am going to do so now, since I'm the greatest Asian freethinker of all time of course. lol. Unlike the veterans mantra, this claim can be proven. :)

A country is an artificial construct. It doesn't even exist and is not a real entity or sentient being. As Edward Griffin said, "groups are mental constructs, they don't exist, only individuals exist". Then countries are artificial constructs too, and even more so.

Also, how do veterans "defend our freedoms"? I challenge anyone to show any evidence that veterans have made even the slightest difference at all to "American freedoms". I'll bet a lot of money that no one can show any evidence for it whatsoever. It's 100 percent bullshit and obvious too. I'm surprised no one else can see it. It's like the emperor's new clothes, very obvious for all to see, but no one dares to call out the lie.

America is not even a free country. It just claims to be. But it has no "precious freedoms" that veterans defend. In reality, people in America are like people in the rest of the world - they make a living, pay bills, follow laws, live very routine monotonous lives as slaves to money, hence are economic slaves, etc. The only difference is that they are more soulless and less social than people in most other countries since they don't talk to strangers and are the only society in the last 2,000 years that is unsocial and socially disconnected and don't even talk to neighbors or have a town square or market plaza where people socialize with strangers. Hence they are socially closed with a cold wall between them and aren't interested in meeting people or making friends, but have a very paranoid vibe and aren't even allowed to flirt.

So basically, Americans are economic slaves who pay bills, make a living everyday, shop for consumer goods, obey laws, are paranoid, stuck up and antisocial, don't talk to strangers, aren't allowed to flirt, etc. What's so special about that? What "freedoms" are there to defend? In other countries, people do the same too - they make a living and obey laws and buy products. Except of course, people abroad care more about social relationships and are more socially open than Americans are.

So what are these "freedoms" that Americans have that are so special? I don't get it. And how do veterans defend them exactly? Especially when no country has invaded the American continent since 1814. Aren't veterans part of an organization of conquerors, not liberators? If so then how do they "defend freedoms"?

Can someone explain logically? This is one of those things that make no sense and is illogical. Yet everyone chants it like a mindless zombie.

@momopi can even a geek/nerd like you answer these questions? Do you dare to question this taboo that no one else questions?

@IraqVet2003, what's your take on my questions above?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do US veterans deserve respect/donations? How do they "serve our country" or "protect our freedoms" exactly?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you gotten those mailing labels in the mail with your name and address on them from veterans groups? They make you feel obligated to send a donation to them. But once you do, they hound you by asking you for more and more money and donations and increase the junk mail they send to you. So you can't just donate once, they want you to be a regular donor. It's annoying.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The veterans should be directed to go down to the nearest synagogue and beg the attendees for money if they feel their employers haven't been paying them enough.
timwong
Freshman Poster

Post by timwong »

Winston wrote:
October 25th, 2013, 9:02 pm
I don't get something. I thought everyone knew by now that the Iraq War, and Vietnam too, was a scam and all about corporate profit and US imperialism, and had NOTHING to do with defending freedom and democracy. Nothing could be more obvious.

So why then are all the TV and radio stations in America still saying that veterans returning home deserve respect and donations for "defending our freedoms" which is technically false and illogical, yet it's sputtered like a mantra that everyone goes along with just to get along?

Even Coast to Coast AM with George Noory is spouting this claim that "veterans defend our freedoms", as though it were Gospel truth and a given fact. Every time a veteran calls into the show, George Noory thanks them for serving and defending our freedom so that shows like Coast to Coast can be on the air. What a cliche! I thought Coast to Coast was supposed to be a show about truth and freethought? Why does it spout the standard lies that make no sense just because they're popular and politically correct? The show has virtually no critical thinking at all!

When I'm at a gas station pumping gas, I sometimes have veterans walk up to me and tell me that they served and ask if I could spare some cash.

I also get phone calls from people claiming to work for charities sponsored by the State Troopers Highway Patrol, asking for donations to help veterans. The last time they called, I was thinking of asking them this:

"First, I heard that most US charities are a scam. How do I know that you're not a scam too? Second, you do know that those veterans risked their lives for corporate profits, not to defend any freedoms right? That's common knowledge. Third, why don't you ask for donations from corporations like Halliburton, which made billions from the Iraq War and got rich from it? Surely they can afford to support our veterans can't they? Why are you asking the general public?"

But I didn't want to get on any "black list" for asking such dissenting questions. Better to just avoid them.

Do any of you get those calls too? Why are they asking the public for donations instead of Halliburton?

And why is the old "veterans fought to defend our freedoms" line being brought back when it was debunked ages ago? What's going on? Does anyone really still believe that? If so, why? On what basis?

Also, are those charities that claim to be sponsored by the State Troopers real or a scam? Aren't most charities in the US a scam? How do you tell a real charity from a scam?
Wow, you are very brave and independent to ask such a deep question in public. My Chinese blood would never allow me :oops:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw. When you see soulless isolating strip malls in the USA don't you start wondering, why did american soldiers join the military just to defend "all this"? Lol. Wtf? Makes no sense. Whats there to defend? A socially isolating strip mall where people work and consume and are socially disconnected and dont talk to strangers?! How does that inspire people to join the armed forces to defend all that isolation, boredom, misery and soulessness? Its baffling. I always wonder, WTF?! Does that question ever cross your minds too?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 12:08 pm
When u see soulless isolating strip malls in the USA dont u start wondering why american soldiers join the military just to defend "all this"?
And they are not even defending it. They will travel thousands of miles to murder people for the Jews but will not lift a finger to prevent millions of third world savages invading their own territory. Really disgusting.