SE Asia vs. Latin America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

SE Asia vs. Latin America

Post by Jester »

http://www.gringos.com/forum/f66/south- ... ving-9774/
What's the best for travel and or retirement; South America or Asia?

There are pros and cons of each:
South America: Mostly they speak one language. Even in Brazil they usually understand Spanish, and more than SEA they understand English. I believe there are more adventurous things to do in South America: Sand boarding in Peru, Parasailing in Chile, Glacier trekking in Argentina. SEA's sports seem to be mostly water sports and scuba diving as well as chasing girls. In SA you can usually just trade paperback novels, but in SEA you usually have to pay more than a new book would cost back home to get a badly copied book. But with all the sexy chicks in Asia, who's going to spend a lot of time reading anyway? SA has fewer visas (more for Americans) than SEA. Air pollution is less of a problem in SA (except for Lima). There are various climates instead of wet and dry only.

South East Asia: There's less of a chance of getting robbed in SEA, if you go to Quito chances are you WILL be robbed. It's much cheaper, probably $15-$25 per day per person instead of $20-$50 in SA. Flights on Air Asia are super cheap, where as in SA they are ridiculously expensive. Amount of time spent on buses is less because SA is so huge.

So what is everyone's vote or thoughts? South America or Asia???
PS Winston why is there STILL no forum for comparing different continents?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I've said it time and time again...Asian women are a bit overrated by a lot of men. If I had the opportunity to choose between a Latina or an Asian female, I would choose the Latina easily...
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Jester wrote:Here's another on this topic:

I suspect that Asian women are more likely to marry foreigners for non-amorous reasons than are latinas. The focus, however, I don't think is on the visa as such but on the wealth a foreigner has access to in his home country. In most of the foreign man-Asian woman couples I saw, the woman had no intention of leaving her home country. She wanted to flaunt her lifestyle and chattels around her own breed.

As sort of quantitative evidence, here is an interesting article titled "In China, White Man Loses Mojo" from 2009. The percentage of Chinese women open to a foreign man surveyed on a dating website dropped from 42 to 16 percent in a year's time. The reason: the financial crisis. Foreign (Western) men aren't seen as cash cows like they used to be.

Additionally, the idea of marrying for love seems far more pervasive in Latin America than it does in Asia. In Asia (or China at least), marrying for love is seen as childishly idealistic. Chinese women I have spoken with boasted of their "practical" attitude toward marriage. In fact, when a Chinese women does not receive a house and car upon tying the knot, it is called a "naked marriage" and is controversial.

Some of the same thinking seems to afflict Japan, Vietnam and Korea. (Although it's hard for me to say as to the rest of the ASEAN countries.)
I get this impression too. You can test this by joining online dating sites like Latin American Cupid and Filipina Cupid. When I posted my profile at the latin sites I got a decent amount of interest. However, when I joined Filipina Cupid I was absolutely FLOODED with interest and messages (like 50 or more per day!). This gives me the impression that Filipinas are a lot less picky and don't really care who they marry/date as long as he has money. Latinas would also like to marry or date a gringo with money, but it is not the only thing that matters. They want someone they really like as well. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that Filipinas don't really care as much and would take just about anyone.
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster

Post by ContraMundumRants »

zboy1 wrote:I've said it time and time again...Asian women are a bit overrated by a lot of men. If I had the opportunity to choose between a Latina or an Asian female, I would choose the Latina easily...
The real competition is between Latinas and Eastern European/Russian women.

Now that would require its own thread!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:I've said it time and time again...Asian women are a bit overrated by a lot of men. If I had the opportunity to choose between a Latina or an Asian female, I would choose the Latina easily...
A little surprised to hear this -- arent you Korean-Am living in NYC? Yet embarking on a vacation to SEA soon, rather than choosing nearby DR or Medellin? Or even Asian-loving Lima?

But OK. Probably reasons or all that. Anyway, thanks for the clear feedback. Considering your ethnic background, it carries that much more weight.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

chibolo wrote:
I get this impression too. You can test this by joining online dating sites like Latin American Cupid and Filipina Cupid. When I posted my profile at the latin sites I got a decent amount of interest. However, when I joined Filipina Cupid I was absolutely FLOODED with interest and messages (like 50 or more per day!). This gives me the impression that Filipinas are a lot less picky and don't really care who they marry/date as long as he has money. Latinas would also like to marry or date a gringo with money, but it is not the only thing that matters. They want someone they really like as well. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that Filipinas don't really care as much and would take just about anyone.
Your comment gave me pause. I've been on both sites you mention, and had the same experience as you on both. MY reaction had been that the Phils were therefore a GOOD place. Your interpretation puts quite a different spin on it. Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ContraMundumRants wrote:
The real competition is between Latinas and Eastern European/Russian women.

Now that would require its own thread!
Good point. If you want say a great waist-to-hip ratio, or track-and-field style athleticism, you could look in Ukraine OR Medellin I guess.

Neither one of those traits seems real common in many Asian countries.

Kind of hard to describe, but I have this preference for women who know they're hot. I don't want a woman who will feel inferior to other women at a party. That's something important to me. I like to be hard on a woman, demanding, teasing, etc. But if someone has confidence in herself deep down then she is more likely to be able to handle me.

So when you rate Latinas as competition to EE girls, that touches something in me. I do want a woman who feels deep down like she's world class.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Great topic here! I've been to both South America and Asia and I'm really fond of both for different reasons. This was the reason why I was so drawn to Filipinas because at least to me, they are the perfect combination of both. We've argued back and forth about the percentage of Spanish blood contained by the Filipinos but there are definitely ones that look a bit more Spanish. They tend not to have the "Filipino nose" and have a longer more angular face and rounder eyes. Along with the good lucks comes the Latin fire and temper tho :shock:

Just wanted to throw that out there for guys to ponder.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

I know I'd do well in the Philippines just based on my look alone. Unfortunately, even though I'm not a racist, my dick is. That's why my only option is Eastern Europe.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Jeremy wrote:I know I'd do well in the Philippines just based on my look alone. Unfortunately, even though I'm not a racist, my dick is. That's why my only option is Eastern Europe.
Well if you really only like white women, then you can find those in South America too. Argentina is mostly white (Italian and Spanish). Also, upper-class women in most poor South American countries are almost always white as well.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

chibolo wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I know I'd do well in the Philippines just based on my look alone. Unfortunately, even though I'm not a racist, my dick is. That's why my only option is Eastern Europe.
Well if you really only like white women, then you can find those in South America too. Argentina is mostly white (Italian and Spanish). Also, upper-class women in most poor South American countries are almost always white as well.
Yeah, true. One of my dad's friends went on a sex vacation to Argentina, and he loved it.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Sex vacation in Argentina? p4p you mean?

Argentina is one of the hardest places to pick up regular women, Argentian men are more like Italians, stylish, slick, have 'game'..they make average American man look like a peasant ... Roosh confirmed

SEA vs SA women,
SEA women are much easier to get in bed and that's about the only advantage they have;
Latinas on the other hand have better bodies+ variety of colors.body shapes and are more intelligent, not as desperate
Comparing Brazilian chick to Filipina is like comparing Mercedes AMG to VW Golf

EE vs SA would be tighter race
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Banano wrote:Sex vacation in Argentina? p4p you mean?
Considering he's in his 60's, yeah, I'm assuming p4p.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pete98146 wrote:
Great topic here! I've been to both South America and Asia and I'm really fond of both for different reasons.
Hmmm......... such as?? Inquiring minds.............. :wink:
pete98146 wrote:
This was the reason why I was so drawn to Filipinas because at least to me, they are the perfect combination of both. We've argued back and forth about the percentage of Spanish blood contained by the Filipinos but there are definitely ones that look a bit more Spanish. They tend not to have the "Filipino nose" and have a longer more angular face and rounder eyes.
Clear and unabashed, thanks for speaking frankly.
pete98146 wrote:
Along with the good lucks comes the Latin fire and temper tho :shock:

Just wanted to throw that out there for guys to ponder.
:lol: Kinda wishing u hadna said that Pete.....

BTW isnt your wife a Colombiana?

EDIT: SORRY I JUST SAW ON ANOTHER THREAD SHE IS FROM MINDANAO!! Guess I get those mouthwatering shangri-la destinations mixed up.
Last edited by Jester on August 23rd, 2013, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.