Urgent! Involves YouTube censoring videos!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Urgent! Involves YouTube censoring videos!

Post by MJay1978 »

From what I've watched from two videos alone, YouTube is censoring and removing videos from accounts. These two videos explain what's going on. There could be more. INCLUDING videos talking about feminism and anti feminism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRoxeMuUSZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BExFMWF4ScI

Jesus Christ..! This country is turning into Nazi central! It's a good thing I backed up all of my videos. If YouTube EVEN touches my videos, I will boycott them and go to another video sharing website. Hopefully nothing happens to the content I've uploaded, but I am expecting the worse. I will be continuing to make videos on my channel unless something happens

I noticed my comments in the discussions on my channel are completely wiped out! I checked other channels too and the same thing is going on. Anyone who has a YouTube account, you notice the same thing? Let me know.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Re: Urgent! Involves YouTube censoring videos!

Post by marklambo »

MJay1978 wrote:From what I've watched from two videos alone, YouTube is censoring and removing videos from accounts. These two videos explain what's going on. There could be more. INCLUDING videos talking about feminism and anti feminism.

Jesus Christ..! This country is turning into Nazi central! It's a good thing I backed up all of my videos. If YouTube EVEN touches my videos, I will boycott them and go to another video sharing website. Hopefully nothing happens to the content I've uploaded, but I am expecting the worse. I will be continuing to make videos on my channel unless something happens

I noticed my comments in the discussions on my channel are completely wiped out! I checked other channels too and the same thing is going on. Anyone who has a YouTube account, you notice the same thing? Let me know.
Man, wtf. I remember watching a lot of The Amazing Atheist's videos about all that stuff. It seems that Youtube is either run by feminists or manginas supporting it. Such terrible news to hear...
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I have wondered why people don't upload to DailyMotion instead of YouTube.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Jester wrote:I have wondered why people don't upload to DailyMotion instead of YouTube.
YouTube is more popular. I never knew about dailymotion until a few days ago. I'm sure many others don't know much about it either.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

marklambo wrote:
MJay1978 wrote:From what I've watched from two videos alone, YouTube is censoring and removing videos from accounts. These two videos explain what's going on. There could be more. INCLUDING videos talking about feminism and anti feminism.

Man, wtf. I remember watching a lot of The Amazing Atheist's videos about all that stuff. It seems that Youtube is either run by feminists or manginas supporting it. Such terrible news to hear...
That's not how it works. The people running Youtube are not removing content because they personally find it objectionable, they are just acting in their own self-interest. That's the only thing people running a business care about, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.

Youtube costs millions of dollars a month to run in hosting fees, just think of how much bandwidth it takes to host that many videos. Youtube earns money from sponsors. The regular ads and the pre-roll ads generate revenue for Youtube. In other words these are third party companies that pay Youtube to host these ads, which makes Youtube at their mercy.

What often happens is politically correct warriors congregate online. They see content they find objectionable and complain straight to the sponsors. The sponsors see these complaints and they contact their host and tell them to remove the objectionable content. These sponsors do this because they fear losing money from bad PR and people boycotting their products.

Youtube also likely fears that if they host politically incorrect content that the liberal media will start attacking it, which would be financially devastating because sponsors would leave them in droves.

As time goes on, the world becomes exponentially more politically correct. Just look at today's youth. The guys have become pussified, docile manginas and the girls have become aggressive misandrists who walk all over men because they can. This is the generation that will run the world in the near future as the older generations go to the retirement home and die off.

If you want to know that the world will look like then just take a look at Jezebel or a check your privilege tumblr. That's the future of the world.

But what's happening on Youtube with the censorship of videos that criticize feminism, is just a reflection of society.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The Professor wrote:
marklambo wrote:

That's not how it works. The people running Youtube are not removing content because they personally find it objectionable, they are just acting in their own self-interest. That's the only thing people running a business care about, maximizing profits and minimizing losses.

Youtube costs millions of dollars a month to run in hosting fees, just think of how much bandwidth it takes to host that many videos. Youtube earns money from sponsors. The regular ads and the pre-roll ads generate revenue for Youtube. In other words these are third party companies that pay Youtube to host these ads, which makes Youtube at their mercy.

What often happens is politically correct warriors congregate online. They see content they find objectionable and complain straight to the sponsors. The sponsors see these complaints and they contact their host and tell them to remove the objectionable content. These sponsors do this because they fear losing money from bad PR and people boycotting their products.

Youtube also likely fears that if they host politically incorrect content that the liberal media will start attacking it, which would be financially devastating because sponsors would leave them in droves.

As time goes on, the world becomes exponentially more politically correct. Just look at today's youth. The guys have become pussified, docile manginas and the girls have become aggressive misandrists who walk all over men because they can. This is the generation that will run the world in the near future as the older generations go to the retirement home and die off.

If you want to know that the world will look like then just take a look at Jezebel or a check your privilege tumblr. That's the future of the world.

But what's happening on Youtube with the censorship of videos that criticize feminism, is just a reflection of society.
Your comments are interesting... but make no real difference. It's like in the movies, one mafioso is about to shoot another, and first says, "Look, it's not personal. It's just business."

Like the guy who is getting shot really cares how benign the motive is.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

Jester wrote:
The Professor wrote:
marklambo wrote:

Your comments are interesting... but make no real difference. It's like in the movies, one mafioso is about to shoot another, and first says, "Look, it's not personal. It's just business."

Like the guy who is getting shot really cares how benign the motive is.
It matters because the problem is actually much worse than some people think. The root of the problem is not just a few powerful feminists and manginas, it's the fact that society as a whole is becoming rapidly more politically correct and misandrist. It's a problem that has no solution, unless you can literally cause the apocalypse.

All we can do is exit society as much as possible, though with the internet being messed with even that's becoming hard to do. We'll always have our video games though.