What's the point in living past 50 or 60?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Hero wrote:
ladislav wrote:What some older guys do is go to Mindanao and find a GF there.
Why Mindanao? Isn't Cebu the best?
LOL...I'm meeting DaveWe for lunch next week in Portland. His soon to be bride is from Cebu and my wife is from Mindinao. We'll have to arm wrestle to see who wins this argument.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

pete98146 wrote:
Hero wrote:
ladislav wrote:What some older guys do is go to Mindanao and find a GF there.
Why Mindanao? Isn't Cebu the best?
LOL...I'm meeting DaveWe for lunch next week in Portland. His soon to be bride is from Cebu and my wife is from Mindinao. We'll have to arm wrestle to see who wins this argument.
I found the "hunting" be excellent the first time I visited Cebu 7 years ago, but not quite as good last year when I visited for the 2nd time. Maybe Mindanao is the top spot now. I'll definitely visit Mindanao on my next trip to the Phils.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

At 62, I think I'm the oldest poster here, and am in a good position to know how full of it the OP is. If you keep your health, life is just as flavorable and enjoyable as it ever was. If you don't, getting older sucks. Simple as that. And keeping your health and looks takes a bit of work.

Note to Wufan (aka theprimebait): good job of adding value. I always thought you had potential to be a good contributor, because in your way you try to get to the heart of things. I'm a big believer in nature and think the pills and lotions can be dispensed with if you eat right and exercise right (though how to do either of those is not self-evident, and often takes quite a bit of experimentation; it can vary from one individual to another). Look into facial resistance exercises as a way of preserving skin tone and facial structure.

And yeah: if you pull when you're young, you'll pull when you're old -- if you don't screw up your health.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Most young guys can't pull attractive young girls, so nothing is lost in that regard. Even in college, my only means of sex was p4p, despite having a lean physique.

I'm not concerned about receiving worse service from hookers either; it couldn't be any worse than the service I receive now.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived in an area where average young males didn't have negative value.
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

well im 54 and im enjoying the best sex of my life these last few years.. never had a medical issue , everything works fine and im still super active.. my dad is 84 and he is still bonking his wife.... it helps that she is 30 years younger than him though.. hehe. btw, she is american in case your wondering.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Another absolutely hilarious post. Men do BETTER as they age!! If you said why do 50 or 60 year old WOMEN still want to keep living, you might have a valid point. And to add insult to injury, asking this as an Asian!! My aunt and uncle look like they are in their 30's (they are in their mid 50's), my dad who is in his 70's look like late 50's.

James Bond in many of his roles was in his 50's. So was Harrison Ford.

For men, it really doesn't start going off a cliff until your 70's/80's. And if you are in great shape/asian, you could push that back another decade.

And finally for the guys that turn old looking, by that point in their life, they have MONEY. Lots of lives are better than their younger years, when they were broke and couldn't get any women.

Another place you can get young girls is Latin America. Older men dating young women is not an issue in Latin America.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

The guys who are really hit hard by aging are former alphas. Imagine going from f***ing this (NSFW)

http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/TooYo ... J.jpg.html

to f***ing this (NSFW)

http://www.heurekaproductions.com/image ... 0media.jpg
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

It's awesome that we have so many older, polished gentlemen on this forum to show us young bucks the way. :D
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Kevin Bacon is 55. Still look young and going strong. Been around forever. Has been acting almost 30 years.

ditto for Rob Lowe and John Stamos. all have been acting since the 1980's and still look young.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Let's not use men that were considered 10's in their youth as an example.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I'm a hell of a lot more attractive now, at 45, than I was in my 20's :)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 6th, 2020, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

It's only 10lbs on each side of the bar, but he's in his 80s there.

I know a guy who's 72 who still figure skates. He's not as good as another guy in his 70s there because he herniated his disc in his 50s. The other guy did judo for most of his life and got into skating with his wife, so he had a strong base.

I'd like to find the actual interview with coach Abadjiev, but when asked about his age and how he still coaches at his age, he told a story. He said where he lived, there was a lady with a cow. She was well into her 90s, I think. She'd milk her cow everyday. One day she sold the cow. She died shortly after. She had nothing left to do. So she died.

Personally I want to be as old as possible and be as mobile and active as possible while being old.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_avi
What do you like best about being fit?
Always forgetting that I am approaching fifty.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

theprimebait wrote:if you eat right you can look in your 20's well into your 70s.
Well I like to watch people and I have yet to see anything like that. Let's be real. If you are genetically gifted, and take magnificent care of yourself in every way, it's possible to look 20s when you are 40s and perhaps 30s when you are 50s. Even cosmetic surgery can't do much to change that limitation.

The thing is, when the signs are ambiguous, people tend to zero in on the areas where you look oldest and pretty much use that to gauge you.

For example, I watched just one of your vids so far, that 50 year old Markus guy. I gotta say, he's delusional if he thinks people will doubt his age. Just look at his loose sagging neck. It looks like the neck of someone pushing 55 or 60!

But I have seen some exceptionally young looking 50 years olds. They could maybe pass for mid to late 30s. That's about as far as it goes, maybe early 30s for very exceptional cases.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

theprimebait wrote: the only DIFFERENCE between old and young is SKIN QUALITY.namely collagen production.
Yes, it is one of the key differences and perhaps hardest to mask or treat. But I disagree with you that it's about collagen production. Collagen is a term thrown around so much by doctors and the skin care industry. But it's not that hard to stimulate with intentional damage to the skin (acids, lasers, even cuts). But a lot of it is really just scar tissue. So our skin looses collagen as we age. But it's fairly easy to stimulate new collagen production using some interventions. However, that really won't make your skin look much younger, especially in animation. Cus the real magic is in something else, elastin.

As you skin ages, it also looses elastin fibers, the stuff which helps it retract when its pulled, kind of like what you see with a new rubber band. But look how rubber bands become as they get old and damaged. They don't retract well and easily break. That's what older skin is a lot like. When an older guy looks down, the skin around his jawline buckles into ridges all the way into his neck. With younger people, you might see just one or two ridges cus the elastin fibers cause the skin to contract. So how do you regenerate elastin fibers?

For this, skin treatments have virtually no efficacy. The only think I've heard of that might help in regenerating elastin fibers to aged or damaged skin is harvesting fat from other parts of the body, filtering that fat to concentrate stem cells, and then micro grafting the stem cell concentrated fat in tiny portions right below the surface of the skin. That kind of treatment might be effective to the face and hands but probably not the neck due to poor blood supply. So one way or another, for the time being at least, you are going to show your age as you approach your 60s.

An exceptionally healthy and youthful looking 70 year old is going to look just like a very well presented and sprightly elderly person, not a 50 year old. Next time you tell someone, hey, you look great for your age. Think about how it is you know his approximate age in case he hasn't told you.