#1 Reason for Expatriation -- IS WHAT??!!!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mguy
Junior Poster

#1 Reason for Expatriation -- IS WHAT??!!!

Post by mguy »

I believe that USA is an awesome country. It has good infrastructure, good schools, and civilized people. Sure it has flaws but still would use the word awesome to describe it and I'm not even that young (late 20s). Then why would anyone leave the USA? In my research, it turns out that most leave for the other half. What do you mean other half?

FEMALES

Oh yes. For some reason these expatriates go to their target country with reasons that has to with issues regarding their relationships with females from the USA.

Okkkkkkkkkkk!

Younger Guys

Mine has something to do with that as well so I guess I can't say it isn't true. The younger guys are looking for dating opportunities for themselves abroad, most are looking to leverage their race into better environments. More are just sick of the females in the USA or simply can't get any. The younger guys are mostly looking for new experiences and dating options.

Older Guys

The older guys are usually jaded experience in the USA. My girl in Asia told me she was the only happiness that her ex-bf felt. Wow? I'm guessing at the point there is very little happiness a person feels. Either way, the older guys are more methodical in their research and have more money to invest. They are also looking for something specific: a wife.

Both demographic are mostly interested in the Latin America and Asia which is interesting. These future-expatriates have also a lot to complaints about the USA which makes me question if thoughts do indeed color perceptions. Some have gone through nasty divorces and other equally horrific things (getting busted for your race).

The most surprising trend for me is that younger crowds are getting younger. Younger cats in college still. That means there is already at that point something life-impacting that a society change is being seen as an option. I'm just surprised how young they are to notice these things. I was a wage-drone wannabe at that point in my life.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

My personality has never 'fit in' with this country. As Winston has stated many times, there is a "depressing vibe" to the country--one that makes it difficult to enjoy life here. There is no real excitement here--everything is the same regardless of which city or town you live in. The racial aspects of the country also make me wary. I just don't like Americans in general...I don't know what else to say. I guess I'm different that way?...
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It's not all that surprising. Water will seek its own level. Right now the U.S. has its gender equilibrium all thrown out of wack with feminism and modern politics pushing and pulling social relations in unnatural ways. There's absolutely no reason that a middle class or upper class American male with resources should settle.

Marriage in the U.S. with an American woman doesn't even make sense financially speaking. It's a horrible business decision if you look at it from any angle.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

#1 reason for going abroad is to see and personally experience the world. Living through someone else's experience (via blogs, books, or videos) is vastly inferior to in-person experiences, such as being at this beach and putting your feet in the water:

Life is a one way trip to being old and dead. Youth is like a currency that you must spend but can never get back, no matter how many young hookers you sleep with and try to convince yourself otherwise. Do not wait until you're too old and have no choice but to live through someone else's experience.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Do not travel for p***y. Ever. End of story.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

momopi wrote:#1 reason for going abroad is to see and personally experience the world. Living through someone else's experience (via blogs, books, or videos) is vastly inferior to in-person experiences, such as being at this beach and putting your feet in the water:

Life is a one way trip to being old and dead. Youth is like a currency that you must spend but can never get back, no matter how many young hookers you sleep with and try to convince yourself otherwise. Do not wait until you're too old and have no choice but to live through someone else's experience.
I agree with Momopi. I already have the foreign bride thing nailed down. I want to expat because I've been here in the States all of my life. Come retirement age, I want to open up a new chapter and experience new places. So I'll be doing it for the adventure!!!!!!!!!!
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

I did it for the adventure and the challenge. I'm 50, have been doing it for close to 20 years now, and I love my lifestyle. I would call myself semi-retired, although I write and photograph, I don't view these as work. I can do them until the day I die...
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

I would leave because the US doesn't fit my personality. My personality is too Hispanicized and Catholic to fit in the wasp culture of USA.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

AnonymousAmerican wrote:I would leave because the US doesn't fit my personality. My personality is too Hispanicized and Catholic to fit in the wasp culture of USA.
So why don't you?
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:I would leave because the US doesn't fit my personality. My personality is too Hispanicized and Catholic to fit in the wasp culture of USA.
So why don't you?
College.........

how I live my life.

Bane
Freshman Poster

Re: #1 Reason for Expatriation -- IS WHAT??!!!

Post by Bane »

mguy wrote:

The most surprising trend for me is that younger crowds are getting younger. Younger cats in college still. That means there is already at that point something life-impacting that a society change is being seen as an option. I'm just surprised how young they are to notice these things. I was a wage-drone wannabe at that point in my life.
I don't find this surprising at all. It was during my sophomore year in college back in 2000-2001 when I really began to suspect that my personality and American culture simply don't mix. Taking a survey of who my friends were back then, I realized that over 90% of them were foreign exchange students from outside the Anglosphere. The only exceptions were my two American roommates, who also had difficulties fitting in to the mainstream social scene.

I figured that there was something about my demeanor that helped me to be compatible with people from other parts of the world. This suspicion was confirmed for me when I studied abroad in Japan during my junior year. My own experiences offered the proof I needed to say that yes, one's social life can be light years beyond what it is in the US.

To me the fact that more college aged students are realizing this is a good sign. More people are waking up and realizing that American culture and social norms in their current forms are neither desirable nor sustainable, and that they won't settle for the substandard experiences that they have to offer.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
So why don't you?
College.........
Poor excuse, study abroad...
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

djfourmoney wrote:
LOL. :lol:

my college doesn't have a study abroad program as I go to a JC, since I don't want to drown in student loans like many of my peers from high school are doing right now.

don't talk without knowing the situation dj.

btw, you don't have many good excuses either.

how I live my life.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The middle of the country is largely forgotten and in disrepair mostly, they also receive the largest amount of Federal assistance. In fact all the Red States are moochers but Texas and one blue state N. Mexico.

What is happening in America is unique but not unusual.

Our Infrastructure has a D+ rating and this is really a problem in the moocher states.

In the future you will NOT want to be in the middle of the country or the southeast.

We have a bond crisis coming - http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2013/06 ... g-roberts/

Lots of good reasons to leave America, but such a small number of people actually do it, that its very much a niche idea to the masses.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
LOL. :lol:

my college doesn't have a study abroad program as I go to a JC, since I don't want to drown in student loans like many of my peers from high school are doing right now.

don't talk without knowing the situation dj.

btw, you don't have many good excuses either.
Why does your College need a study abroad program, better known as an exchange? There plenty of examples of people that left school in the states and went to school in another part of the world, usually Europe.

Seems to me you didn't look into it deep enough.

What do you mean my excuses aren't good????

I don't have any....