A dilemma

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

A dilemma

Post by Johnny1975 »

You're a guy who hasn't had much luck with females. So you go to some other country, and suddenly you're Mr Popular. Everything's great. You're getting dates left right and centre.

But how can you stick with 1 girl under those conditions? Every time I try to imagine going abroad, I get to the bit where I've got myself a nice girl, but I also know that I could so easily have many more.

It's all very well making up for lost time, but when a whole new world opens up to you, you're in the land of Oz and everything is suddenly in colour, and you have all the ladies at your feet, how are you supposed to resist the temptation to cheat on the 1 girl that you chose to stick with?

You could go back home, where it wouldn't be easy, therefore not much point trying, and the temptation would be minimised. But then she could get corrupted. Or, you stay, she doesn't get corrupted, but you're stuck with this dilemma.

So what do you do?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: A dilemma

Post by S_Parc »

Johnny1975 wrote:But how can you stick with 1 girl under those conditions? Every time I try to imagine going abroad, I get to the bit where I've got myself a nice girl, but I also know that I could so easily have many more.
I almost married a Brazilian women, even though other Asian and Brazilian women were interested in me during my travels.

I'd started going overseas, starting age 24. From that time till let's say my late 20s, I was dating all over as well as going to various b*inking clubs in South America, Asia, & Australia. Yes, if you have a coupling instinct, it'll find you. And yes, the contrast between here and there, is truly night and day.

I got serious with a Brazilian woman at the end of the world wind tour and we'd spent time in both Brazil and the New England region. For the first time, I'd felt like I'd achieved the American dream, having a great FW girlfriend, right in the greater Boston area, the heartland for Femi-Nazi intellectual b*tches. Well, due to various incompatibilities between family backgrounds, we parted ways but I can tell you this ... in the middle of it all, I was definitely feeling ready to settle down and get married.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Johnny1975 wrote: ...It's all very well making up for lost time, but when a whole new world opens up to you, you're in the land of Oz and everything is suddenly in colour, and you have all the ladies at your feet, how are you supposed to resist the temptation to cheat on the 1 girl that you chose to stick with?

You could go back home, where it wouldn't be easy, therefore not much point trying, and the temptation would be minimised. But then she could get corrupted. Or, you stay, she doesn't get corrupted, but you're stuck with this dilemma.

So what do you do?
You STAY. And you get down on your
knees every morning and every evening and you humbly and sincerely THANK GOD that you have this QUALITY PROBLEM to deal with, instead of the misery you left.

:wink:

PS And if you REALLY want to have some fun, tell EVERY girl you meet that you ALREADY have gf's. It'll preserve your "options" longer, anyway. :wink: :twisted:
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Johnny1975 wrote:You're a guy who hasn't had much luck with females. So you go to some other country, and suddenly you're Mr Popular. Everything's great. You're getting dates left right and centre.

But how can you stick with 1 girl under those conditions? Every time I try to imagine going abroad, I get to the bit where I've got myself a nice girl, but I also know that I could so easily have many more.

It's all very well making up for lost time, but when a whole new world opens up to you, you're in the land of Oz and everything is suddenly in colour, and you have all the ladies at your feet, how are you supposed to resist the temptation to cheat on the 1 girl that you chose to stick with?

So what do you do?
The first step is knowing what you want.
There will always be a prettier, younger, newer (to you), (pretending to be) saner girl coming 'round the corner.

Are you going to want to stick your plug in every tempting socket OR do you want to build a solid family with one person?
Some couples even have "primary & secondary" partner arrangements, but that's a whole other avenue. :shock:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I think that men are naturally polygamous and can love multiple women equally.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Jester wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote: ...It's all very well making up for lost time, but when a whole new world opens up to you, you're in the land of Oz and everything is suddenly in colour, and you have all the ladies at your feet, how are you supposed to resist the temptation to cheat on the 1 girl that you chose to stick with?

So what do you do?
You STAY. And you get down on your
knees every morning and every evening and you humbly and sincerely THANK GOD that you have this QUALITY PROBLEM to deal with, instead of the misery you left.

:wink:

PS And if you REALLY want to have some fun, tell EVERY girl you meet that you ALREADY have gf's. It'll preserve your "options" longer, anyway. :wink: :twisted:
Yes it certainly is a quality problem to have. But it's quite a lot of responsibility to suddenly have to handle, after so many years of nothing. I'm sure a man can handle it better than a woman but still, I would imagine it would be so hard (pun intended). Being thrust into a world where you have to rethink your identity could really play games with your head. I wonder how Winston handles it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:
OH yeah.

Winston take down all your other videos, and just put up this one instead.

OH yeah.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Johnny1975 wrote:Being thrust into a world where you have to rethink your identity could really play games with your head. I wonder how Winston handles it.
I understand the concern. After a drought it's easy to fall in love with the first cool drink you get a sip of.

But Sir Winston of Vegas is the LAST guy to model yourself after!

Try these sites out, and keep it fun. Mastery is a game!

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_ ... dvice.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=cTjgIr_9WW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0W4d1EGco

http://polygamynow.blogspot.com/2007/09 ... -wife.html
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm another example. I only started dating when I was in my late 30's.

I kind of wish I'd gone abroad a decade earlier.

It's not all bad though, by focusing on my career instead of pu$$y, I'm now pretty much semi-retired.

And as for focusing on a particular woman - maintain a large contact list of females, be a play man, but when one starts to enter your thoughts more than others, commit to her.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Jester wrote:I understand the concern. After a drought it's easy to fall in love with the first cool drink you get a sip of.
it's what happened to me with that spanish girl (girl on my avatar). she's the first girl I have ever met that was quality stuff. I went crazy because for the first time, I drank actual good stuff rather than shitty stuff that the US gives. I still miss her so much though. sometimes, I think too much about her but it's because here in the US, I have no alternatives, all far worse hellholes. and then people wonder why I am so bitter sometimes.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

I kinda have the same issues.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!