Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Yes. He is funny and brilliant. Forgive his rash behavior. This forum isn't the same without him.
56%
No. He is a wacko and racist and contributes nothing useful to this forum. We are better off without his vulgar rantings.
44%

Total votes: 55
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
LOL

OK make Odbo the mod for a day. Or no, maybe his own NSFW section.
Or just the Odbo forum, where members can go in and chat with him at their own risk.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol

Anyway, since:

1) The poll results show that the majority want him back.

2) Most of the members who protested against him are no longer posting.

I figured we should give him another chance and bring him back for a probation period. So I will now unban Odbo, and his IP if banned, and notify him about it.

Those of you who don't like his postings are free to put him on Ignore by clicking the Ignore button in his posts.

I will also unblock Odbo's ability to send PM's. Odbo, you will be on probation. Please refrain from personal attacks and insults. Thanks.

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Last edited by Winston on April 7th, 2014, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fightforlove wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
LOL

Or just the Odbo forum, where members can go in and chat with him at their own risk.
We can't do that because he refuses to be confined to one board. He participates where he likes and is like a wild wind which refuses to be restricted or confined.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

LOL

We can't do that because he refuses to be confined to one board. He participates where he likes and is like a wild wind which refuses to be restricted or confined.
Jeez, maybe if we can just get the guy LAID, he'll simmer down!

;)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Odbo,
You've been unbanned! Where are you?

Are you too busy being happier abroad or being laid abroad to post now? lol

Maybe he forgot about us, since it's been so long. lol

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Once you do that to your most brilliant poster you expect him to come back?

Hopefully he has found a nice site that can appreciate his talents for pointing out our societies obvious social problems.
Time to Hide!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol
Who you want on your forum (and topics of discussion) depends on what image you want to give to visitors.

Do you want to give visitors the image that this forum is about expat advocacy, or do you want them to read racial epithets and pending mass extinction of humans?

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol
Who you want on your forum (and topics of discussion) depends on what image you want to give to visitors.

Do you want to give visitors the image that this forum is about expat advocacy, or do you want them to read racial epithets and pending mass extinction of humans?

Hey dude you better come out of your dream world because you ain't running from this, either the human race grows up like now or it is check out time. Running from country to country will not save us from mother nature. The world is becoming a small place and options on where to hide will be very limited.
Time to Hide!
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Post by Bitch_Slapper »

Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
I believe this is a sensible, reasonable, and fair proposal. Odbo's insults were extremely entertaining as well as educational.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bitch_Slapper wrote:
Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
I believe this is a sensible, reasonable, and fair proposal. Odbo's insults were extremely entertaining as well as educational.
Why ban someone for fun, especially the moderator? That's an insane idea with no logical basis. This world is already insane enough. Don't add to it.

Banning people for fun would not look good at all, especially since we stand for free speech.

We are trying to be as logical, reasonable and fair as possible. Not psycho. Come on. Let's have some rationality here.

Odbo is still not back yet and he never opened my PM. I emailed him too. I just hope he's ok, even if he doesn't come back.

Oh well. Maybe it's all for the best.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Post by xiongmao »

I miss Odbo. He trolled us all hard but maybe we deserved it. Those were the forum's glory days. It's now a husk of its former glorious self.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Guts
Freshman Poster

Re: Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Post by Guts »

It's been over half a decade since obdo last posted at this forum. Is he even still around and/or willing to start posting here again?