Anyone know of any sites with English teaching jobs overseas

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Anyone know of any sites with English teaching jobs overseas

Post by expatasiaseeker »

Does anyone know of any websites that have listings of jobs for teaching English abroad?

Or does anyone know of any lists of schools in Asia that are looking for English teachers?

I remember there was a couple of sites that had job listings for English teachers but I can't find them now.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:Dave's ESL Cafe is one of the most popular and it is updated often.
People should boycott that site for politically correct censorship on their forum. There are plenty of other sites to choose from that a google search would reveal.
About 99 percent of forums have some sort of politically correct censorship. You can't just boycott them all. To appeal to the mainstream, you have to have such censorship. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Ghost wrote:Dave's ESL Cafe is one of the most popular and it is updated often.

There are recruiters for jobs in Asia you can look at too. PM me if you want my personal recommendations. But be aware that more experienced EFL teachers generally suggest to contact schools directly. Recruiters are a service that can be useful, but do your homework and check reviews and whatnot.

Where in Asia are you planning to teach? South Korea and China are typically places to start. I wanted to try Korea at first, but the process requires getting everything apostilled which is ridiculous. And more documents are required anyway. China is where I decided on. Much easier to get into.
To teach in South Korea, you have to have a 4 year college degree. I don't have that and I don't even have an ESL or TEFL certificate.

I am in Cambodia, and this country is like the "wild west" of Asia. Almost anything goes here- prostitution, massage parlours, marijuana is sold at most resteraunts and cafes, and harder drugs are very easy to find. There is very little police presence either.

So, it may not be possible for me to get a job at the "top schools" but I can certainly get a job at a smaller school probably. Hell, anyone as long as they are an American or European, can come to this country and get an english teaching job.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

http://www.tefl.com/jobs/search.html ... this site has lots of esl job ads & you get the schools' contact details & web address etc. It helps to resaerch them first before u apply.

Chile, Venezuela, the Eastern part of Turkey, Turkmenistan, Kazakstan & Azerbaijan are countries where u can find ESL work without a degree... This only works if you get a visa for 1 or 2 yrs. You won't be able to have a work permit processed though.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Here's a slightly different question.

Has anyone here been to Cambodia? If so, what is the situation with massage parlours? Is it safe to request a happy ending handjob? Do the police bust people for stuff like that, is it is tolerated? I just don't want to land up in a f***ing prison in Asia.

Thanks