Dance differences (US vs. non-US)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Not a PUA, I'm a love tourist kinda like you Falcon! I will never sell my soul like JTran.

Stephen, haha!
Last edited by mguy on December 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

From my experience in EE people usually go dancing as a couple, you won't find many singles. I'm not sure if it's the same thing in Mexico.

Personally I always saw dancing as a boyfriend-girlfriend type of activity. Learning a dance just to attract women will not work unless you truly enjoy doing it. Plus you better be good at it because if you go to a salsa or a swing club there's bound to be guys with better skills than you and you'll have a hard time impressing anyone.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Here's some tips for Salsa

- Don't ever get into the Salsa community, it is a never ending battle, think nuclear arms race, to get the hottest girls. Do not become a regular.

- Don't ever get into relationships with anyone in the Salsa community. It makes shit messy and will ruin your experience.

- No need to get super good. Learn 10 beginner moves and practice it over and over again.

- If you really like her, after the dance, maintain small talk and go ask for her number.

- Target practice. Choose your targets wisely.

- Here's a biggie: your ability to get her to interact with you outside the Salsa world will trump dancing skills any day.

- Don't get intimidated by pretty girls. Power is with the guy in Salsa so just ask away.

- [My main problem] After you get her number. Keep the interest going by actively communicating and planning with her or you'll fade into memory.

- As your skill increases, hold-off who you ask. Remember: you are the champ here not them.

:)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Banano wrote:I beleive if you are good dancer you could pull many chicks even in US, to be good dancer you have to be fit, flexible
that can be your real GAME, women fall for good dancers, turnes them on, scientifically proven
Most white men are hopeless dancers,Asians the same..
It's like learning a foreign language. Learnable. But a different part of the brain from academics and words. Once you learn to stop thinking, it flows.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

mguy, i think you are right with the learning curve of salsa. that´s why there are not many man who can do that stuff. i always used to say that the best salsa dancers are the most ugly ones :) because they put in the work. 10 years of practice make them good enough.

with creativ i mean the music. i am a dancer myself though not professional but there are two different kind of dancers. first the ones where dancing is forced upon the music. good to see it on freestyle dance (headspin and stuff). second vice versa. - for me the music plays the dominant part. - as i don´t get in to salsa music it doesn´t really work for me.

i have the suspission that salsa is a huge shit test :) it´s f***ing difficult. the roi generally is lower in terms of fun.... - i mean 90 per cent of the cool moves could be also made at dancing meruenge and bachata even to pop music. then you don´t have to concentrate on the complicated salsa footsteps.....or maybe i am just jelous:). there is traditonal dance in germany but they have all the classic upper body moves as in salsa...

anyway glad to see another dance lover on happier abraod. many guys here are more from the introvert leage...

a happier abroad club for dancers would be a nice thing. i thing renata and ginger would join us :)

move dat assssss
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Wow! I am amazed how close Mexicans are to East Europeans. I used to dance slow dances and I did many times when I was in Ukraine both this year and during my high school years. IT IS STILL THERE, it did not die out yet! It was a breath of fresh air for me. In Russia/FSU there is a term for this called "slow dance" and usually the host of the party/wedding/night club says "ladies invite gentlemen!" (Russian: "дамы приглашают кавалеров"). So girls actually drag shy men to the dancefloor, or just stand up by their table, hug and move in slow motion. Some couples kiss, some whisper, some just talk, some just dance, some are silent, some cry... OMG, I just realize how much average American is missing out of their life, it's insane. Here, take a look, people dance like this ALL OVER RUSSIA/FSU at weddings, parties, cafe nights downtown etc:

Last edited by have2fly on December 22nd, 2012, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I love this thread, Falcon. Thank you, guy.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!