No desire to get married???

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mguy
Junior Poster

No desire to get married???

Post by mguy »

I have no desire to get married. I'm 28. Is this normal? haha

I don't see the point of it. Maybe cuz I'm jaded in the USA and read too many men complaining and recounting their experiences. But yeah, I have zero zilch absolutemente nada desire to get hitched.

I can't fathom guys looking for brides online. Maybe ill kick myself in arse in the future but I just dont feel it right now.

If it happens I will let it happen, but I doubt i'll get into that.

I do however want dates. Good quality females to pick and choose from to become GFs, and I would treat her right. That would be amazing.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

website like this does not help

http://marriedmansexlife.com/take-the-red-pill/
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Ionno, guys my age seem to be focusing on this aspect of their life more and more, while I have less and less desire of it. I had to be the guy who took the red pill and read up on all this shit instead of being the beta sycophant worker drone type.

I just want female companionship from time to time, nothing serious. I dont even think females should be a big part of my life, but i find the topic of love/dating so grossly interesting.

The girls at my age are looking less and less attractive. I am also now well versed with female ways of thinking (thank you internet) and from observations in the field. Combined I have little respect for women and have become douchebag without even trying compared to my younger innocent days.

If I get married I want a hot girl. Pretty girl. The package. I dont ill get that here in USA at the price i'm willing to pay (metophorically) so I'm looking abroad and see what's out there. But I don't want that yet. Like I said, I don't feel any urge to get hitched.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Re: No desire to get married???

Post by sushiman »

mguy wrote:I have no desire to get married. I'm 28. Is this normal? haha

I don't see the point of it.
Trust our instincts. Yeah, when I was 28 the thought never even crossed my mind. I was busy doing other things, always had a GF but she wasn't my priority, when she started in with the "marriage thing" the relationship would end. I'd find a new GF, repeat cycle. Then later things changed suddenly, and I was ready for it. It was at that point I realized, while I was ready, the local women were hopeless.

That's when I started traveling around the world and exploring. Try to get around while you are still in your 20s, it can be a life changing experience.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: No desire to get married???

Post by S_Parc »

sushiman wrote:Yeah, when I was 28 the thought never even crossed my mind. I was busy doing other things, always had a GF but she wasn't my priority, when she started in with the "marriage thing" the relationship would end. I'd find a new GF, repeat cycle. Then later things changed suddenly, and I was ready for it. It was at that point I realized, while I was ready, the local women were hopeless.
For me, it was the opposite. I was more interested in marriage during my late teens/early 20s. After I'd gone cold turkey on AWs at 24, I said f' it because as I'd traveled the world on business, I'd realized that that marriage thing was an American sort of straightjacket, not a natural yearning for me.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:I have no desire and am completely unwilling to take part in marriage 2.0. I've only ever been interested in traditional marriage. It isn't that I don't desire it, but it is fraught with pitfalls to pursue it. And then once you achieve it, you have to protect it, which is hard to do without a community where men guard each other and each others' families.

If we are talking about marriage 2.0, then I would sooner take a bullet to the head than do that.

Anyway, always remember that as a man, your value will tend to rise as you age, whereas for women it will decline as they age.

So waiting can only help you when it comes to marriage. Take care of everything else important first and marriage will be there. And always tread cautiously if you ever get the desire to do so.

Are you part of MGTOW by any chance?
Even marriage 1.0 wasn't a panacea for men, if you look closely enough at it, but it did have some community respectability. These days, the risks and contempt are all out in the open. At least the blinders are off and a man in his 20s~30s has a full life ahead of him with all the tech and choices that will bring.

You all are luckier than the older fellows who signed up under 1.0 and woke up one day under 2.0.

Even Granny is unhaaaaappy and trying to cash in early. :twisted:
"I'm thinking of leaving my husband of 40 years, will I still be entitled to half his pension?"
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/expe ... nsion.html
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:
You all are luckier than the older fellows who signed up under 1.0 and woke up one day under 2.0.
:shock:

:idea:

HA is the best forum on the net.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

I don't have the slightest desire to get married. I almost got married a couple of times in the past but thanks God they didn't pan out. The more I travel around the world and interact with beautiful, friendly, feminine women from overseas and the more I read about what it's like to be married here in North America, the less and less I want to get married. Not even to a so called traditional girl in a more male friendly environment like in Asia or Eastern Europe. I mean, would you be able to eat the same food every single time? even if it were 5 star Michelin rated gourmet food? You'd get tired of it after 2-3 weeks straight of eating the same food. So imagine having the same woman in your life, sleeping all the time with her. She might be ok while she's still young and sexy but once she gets into her 40's, you couldn't even be paid all the money in the world to sleep with her. I've been having a lot of people around me (99% being females wonder why and never ever have I had a married man telling me to get married, wonder why...lol) question me about when am I going to finally "settle down" or worst "man up" (by manning up meaning to get married, buy a house, get a JOB/Career and sign up for life imprisonment and bust my ass off to finance some lazy self entitled cunt? I'll gladly pass!lol).

Marriage is truly not for me. I might reconsider it in 10 years from now when I've found a truly wonderful woman that I can have a deep connection with and who won't bore me and be nagging. Only time will tell as to whether such a woman is out there...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jacaré wrote:I might reconsider it in 10 years from now when I've found a truly wonderful woman that I can have a deep connection with and who won't bore me and be nagging. Only time will tell as to whether such a woman is out there...
IMHO, don't count on this happening.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

I never wanted to get married. I never understood why others were so keen to marry. all my peers did marry. so something is wrong with me i suppose :)
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

getting married in America is financial suicide. There are plenty of men that oppose being married. There is nothing wrong with feeling this way. Marriage is overrated and it's just a stupid piece of paper. Marriage is just an invitation to the government controlling you more.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

love doesn't require marriage ... but marriage requires love.
food for thought, which is better?
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Renata wrote:love doesn't require marriage ... but marriage requires love.
food for thought, which is better?
Makes perfect sense. I always said that marriage is in the heart and not on a piece of a worthless document.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.