Travel styles when going abroad??

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Travel styles when going abroad??

Post by TheOneandOnly »

Ok this year has been the first year when Ive traveled by myself. Taken several trips to a wide variety of countries. The common thing in all my trips is accommodation- always hostels. This is not really a financial decision at all....I probably would stay in hostels if they were they same price as apartments/hotels (which practically was the case in a couple of cities). In a number of cases the hostel has 'made' my trip (perhaps my aims when going abroad are different from mots). Ive read quite a few reports on here with some of you guys going abroad and renting apartments even when alone? Does this not get boring? Does nobody stay in hostels? What do you do all day? I believe age does play a factor in this right? Im still in 20's (albeit late 20s) and usually the hostels are full of slightly younger people (I always choose the most social hostels).
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Post by TheOneandOnly »

Bump :)
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

After I started developing friends abroad I use that network when planning a trip. Usually a girl has a friend who has a friend who has a spare room or will went you an apartment at a special friend-price. Plus not speaking the language, knowing locals is where it's at.

Personally I don't like hostels cause I like my space.
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Post by TheOneandOnly »

sushiman wrote:After I started developing friends abroad I use that network when planning a trip. Usually a girl has a friend who has a friend who has a spare room or will went you an apartment at a special friend-price. Plus not speaking the language, knowing locals is where it's at.

Personally I don't like hostels cause I like my space.
Ok thanks for the response. Do you do this even if you are traveling around....like to more than one country on a single trip? Does hanging around with the same person not get boring?