Something about the new Red Dawn movie...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Winston wrote:
How would the North Koreans invade the US? There's no way that can happen. They wouldn't stand a chance.

If the US army can't defeat them, a bunch of teens can? Yeah right. That's so stupid.
Presumably the North Koreans would do it the same way the Cubans did it in 1984 and those high-schoolers who defeated them and the Spetsnaz did not have the advantage of a combat veteran US Marine as their elder.

I take it nobody is going to watch Brad Pitt battle the zombie apocalypse or watched the USS Missouri leave its museum dock at Pearl Harbor to destroy an alien landing craft either
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston, I think the US can easily be destroyed. 100s of Western soldiers in the middle east can't even stop a couple of tribesmen. They're much too busy sucking it up abroad. If anyone planned to invade the US, now would be a great time.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I have decided: I am NOT going to see this movie, even in bootleg, especially after the way they tried to alter the film's villains at the last minute (from Chinese to North Korean).
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I have decided: I am NOT going to see this movie, even in bootleg, especially after the way they tried to alter the film's villains at the last minute (from Chinese to North Korean).
I agree man. I like the original version better anyways. Some movies are just not meant to be remade again.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

You should definitely leave if you don't feel you are being treated well here.

I would leave if I was in Japan and people were saying shit about me and I was concerned for my safety I'd be gone.

Perhaps people should rethink this whole immigration paradigm.

In America we definitely need some segregation at a minimum. Integration is a total failure.

The reason some places are so racist is because they are a nice normal small town and then they drop a bunch of Somali refugees in there and destroy the place. Just about every place where I used to live has become a cesspool because of all the Mexicans.

People just get sick of it and you're going to bear the brunt of that hostility.
Cyrus
Freshman Poster

Post by Cyrus »

I've been to North Korea. An invasion IS possible if the country becomes an economic powerhouse then allies with China to some extent and becomes their proxy invader to control the western world.

But this is so unlikely. As soon as North Korea tries anything they would be zerg rushed by South Korea, Japan, even Russia. Pyongyang would return to how it looked in the 1950s which is a smoldering crater (might be an improvement).

Anyway it AMAZES me how dumb Americans are. Blatantly racist and xenophobic. But it could be worse, most people hated this movie (12% rotten tomatoes) and of those who liked it I imagine only a small percentage are dumb enough to make comments like this.