The Power of Nightmares - Film about American illusions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

The Power of Nightmares - Film about American illusions

Post by zacb »

I have been watching a great movie called The Power of Nightmares. It examines the rise of neo-conservatism and radical Islam. It is a real eye opener. You can download it on Bittorrent since they don't air it anymore.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's on YouTube. Wow it's really long.

Description:

Adam Curtis' enlightening and frightening 2004 doc series from the BBC.
This one gets into radical Islam and the American neocons.
These are more reasons to look deeper into our leadership and our policies, as citizens of the world.

one of the best documentaries you will ever see! from wiki: "..it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies."

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another great film by Adam Curtis.

The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom?

Description:

This is another brilliant Adam Curtis documentary originally produced for the BBC. It talks about the modern political realities, where the policies came from and the massive failures of those ideals and how they have ended up exactly where they did not want to be.

This episode focuses on the 1990's and how the politicians decided to apply the model of a free market economy to the rest of society and consequences of these actions being felt all over the world in western democracies.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another film by Adam Curtis on mind control used on the population.

The Living Dead

Part 1

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Very interesting. I came across it on Btittorrent, and decided to download it. The other sounds rather interesting as well.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

You're just now seeing it??? Its on the Internet Archive as well (www.archive.org), you can download it there.

You should also watch Century of Self that explains the reasons why we have a culture of materialism and selfish behavior. Its also on the archive where you can download it.

Bittorrents will give you higher bitrates, video quality and screen resolution.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Power of Nightmares - Film about American illusions

Post by Winston »

zacb wrote:I have been watching a great movie called The Power of Nightmares. It examines the rise of neo-conservatism and radical Islam. It is a real eye opener. You can download it on Bittorrent since they don't air it anymore.
Did you know that in the third part of the film, Al Qaeda is revealed to not even exist as a terrorist group, but is just a concoction of the Bush Administration as a boogeyman?

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/article ... texist.htm