Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Post by zacb »

I don't know why, but a good chunk of my friends that I connected with in my childhood were Asian. I know it sounds weird, but even when I was six, I seemed to connect better. Any thoughts.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

No, it's not that unusual actually. Some people connect better with those outside of their own race than they do with their own. Maybe they don't like some of the characteristics of their own race and 'fit in' better with another. To be honest, I have found white groups to be somewhat selfish, classist, and always acting like they are better than other races or groups of people; I shouldn't generalize, but that has been my experience growing up.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

And don't think that some people say the same about Asians; for example, Ladislav is always complaining about Asians in his posts, so I guess it depends on the person and their personalities.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Are you talking about Asian Americans or Asians in Asia?
In the US I found Mexican Americans to be the friendliest group followed by Black Americans- at least when it comes to one-on-one interactions. Asian Americans in the US seem to be just into work and study and they rarely have time to talk to anyone, so I don't really know.
White people in the US also vary by area. In the Midwest they seem humble but it also depends on the state and class and all.

Keep in mind that you are talking about different types of Americans and their behavior. And America has five-six tribes each one with an assigned stereotypical behavior as based on US history. People are often forced to conform to these stereotypes. Europeans are expected to start acting Anglo, Asians are supposed to act nerdy or mix noodles, Hispanics are supposed to be in la Raza, etc.

People outside of the US are totally different and act according to their nationality, not a broad US- created 'race' category.

If you mean Asians in Asia, most act kind of like their European counterparts on the other side of the Eurasian mass. The Japanese seem to act like Germans, the Koreans- like the Irish, the Filipinos- like the Italians.

A lot of it depends on who and what you are, how much money you have and what your status is in society. In most Asian countries they will always treat white people like English speaking foreigners and guests and either treat them like guests or just ignore them like they do not exist. Do not know how they treat other Asians. Also rich and famous people are treated well there while if you are poor, you get treated badly.
Hard to say, really.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I think it's fair that most people are nicer than Americans (sad but true statement). I've only been to three Asian countries and my findings are as follows:

1. Philippines. People are very friendly and curious. It's just their nature to be fun loving. I can be a very goofy and laid back so I tend to fit in with them well. You'd have a difficult time finding a friendlier group of people.

2. Thailand. Because I'm 50 and my wife is 20 years younger than me and asian, they automatically assume she's a Issan working girl. They intitially are rude until they discover my wife isn't a working girl and she's not Thai. Upon learning this they turn rather nice instantly. It's funny to see this instant about face. I do think the farther away you are from Bangkok, the nicer the Thais are. Just think they are very tired of the sexpat scene.

3. Vietnam. Almost the opposite of Philippines. Not much interaction from the general populace because of the language barrier. Vietnamese are very hard working, serious and but laid back. I experienced some rudeness but that is their way. They are very direct. My guess is that if I were in China it would be a similar experience.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

There are some 4 billion people that lives in Asia. The question is way too broad.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I can say for sure that new people whom I'd meet in Mexico would be far more outgoing and extroverted than those from China or Western Europe. The Chinese would usually be more reserved, though that doesn't mean they're not friendly.

Friendliness comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes. It's expressed differently according to different social conventions. However, I would still rate Mexico as being friendlier than China overall.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Post by Winston »

Yes and no. Only Southeast Asians are more open and friendly, relaxed and laid back, and make eye contact with strangers, and act more inclusive. Like Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc.

But not Northeast Asians like Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese, Hong Kongers, Singaporeans. No way. They are super cliquish and ignore strangers and act very high schoolish in that they exclude you and give you the cold shoulder, if you are around them and don't know them, or they don't vibe with you even if you know them. They don't make eye contact with strangers and are not open or inclusive in general. It's funny that the US media says this about Finland but refuses to say it about NE Asia. It's a totally different vibe from Eastern Europe or Russia. 1000 percent different. However, the elderly in NE Asian countries can be friendly and talkative to strangers, but not the younger crowd and definitely not young women or girls.

China is a mixed bag. Not as homogenous as Taiwan or HK or Korea. There are many cold uptight cliquish people in China but also many people who will talk to a stranger too. There isn't as much paranoia or caution toward strangers as in Taiwan. Mainland Chinese people are more brave about talking to a stranger, if they want to that is, and they walk with a much more upfront, direct, blunt, forward body language compared to the super reserved, cautious, meek Taiwanese. Most Chinese women are not open to strangers, but a few are, maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 30, which adds up to plenty of women for you to meet if you're actively cold approaching them a lot. I definitely meet more people in China than in Taiwan or NE Asia, that's for sure.

That's my take on it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Darknight
Freshman Poster

Re: Do Asian People Seem More Friendly Overall?

Post by Darknight »

You got to be joking... as an asian myself, asians are extremely materialistic, shallow, rude, judgemental, cliquish, crab mentality, passive agressive and cold. Most asian friendships and relationships are extremely transactional... the only upside to such society is people are generally hardworking, crime rates and absolute poverty are low