22 Ways Winston Failed to Understand Asian Culture

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Why is it assumed that the opposite of being a conformist is being a arrogant, egotistical person?

I'm not a conformist but I'm not an arrogant prick either - aren't arrogant pricks also what a lot of people here dislike about being in America?

I'm surprised you take pride in describing yourself as arrogant Winston. I guess you mean confident?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ethan_sg wrote:Why is it assumed that the opposite of being a conformist is being a arrogant, egotistical person?

I'm not a conformist but I'm not an arrogant prick either - aren't arrogant pricks also what a lot of people here dislike about being in America?

I'm surprised you take pride in describing yourself as arrogant Winston. I guess you mean confident?
Confident in some ways. But compared to the typical meek East Asian guy, yes I do act very arrogant. My words in this forum reflect that. Isn't it obvious? So what if I'm arrogant? It's a typical American characteristic. But at least I don't BS and I tell it like it is. You know what I mean. Come on.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Well arrogance is also defined by an over-competitive mindset and an overbearing sense of self importance.

Winston you're a rebel against the system, the rat race, lifelong corporate wage slavery, and the over-competitive, comparison-obsessed rat-raced dominated ways of both America and even Taiwan. And I am fully with you on this which is why I'm trying to keep you consistent.

Part of what you're against is the overly-competitive mindset and the sense of isolation created by the system.

Don't you think that defining yourself by arrogance - as being better than others is very much a part of that anti-egalitarian, competitive, divisive, isolationist mindset you've written against in great lengths?

Winston wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:Why is it assumed that the opposite of being a conformist is being a arrogant, egotistical person?

Confident in some ways. But compared to the typical meek East Asian guy, yes I do act very arrogant. My words in this forum reflect that. Isn't it obvious? So what if I'm arrogant? It's a typical American characteristic. But at least I don't BS and I tell it like it is. You know what I mean. Come on.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: You misunderstand something. I have ways of meeting people here, but so what? What good is meeting another 100 or 500 people? The net result is still the same: They will all flake or remain platonic. If they like me, then they won't be my type. That's my fortune. Remember, Murphy's Law rules my life, not karma or statistics. Rock can even attest to that. Meeting more people is not going to change Murphy's Law. In fact, if you read my journals in Russia, I said the same thing years ago, that after meeting 500 women in Russia, the ONLY woman that wanted to sleep with me, was the ONLY one that I wasn't attracted to! What could be a stronger case for Murphy's Law than that?!?!?!
If you seriously believe that Murphys Law is responsible, and that you're predestined for failure, then why did you ask the following questions?
Winston wrote: Furthermore, does this mean that getting a hot girl in Taiwan is easy? If so, why can't I get one? Esp since I'm a million times more interesting than the average Taiwanese guy, no doubt!
How can it be that hot girls in Taiwan are like grains of sand on a beach, yet I can't even get one? WTF?! That's the ultimate insult!
=========

Jester wrote: Beautiful videos. Very romantic. In fact, if I were a chick, and Winston took me to all those places, hell, I'd do him!!
:lol:
Sun Moon Lake in Nantou:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UD3Byu8 ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSoIbuiq ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lhEBnE ... re=related[/youtube]

Hot Springs:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUOSYY1 ... re=related[/youtube]

Hot Spring Resort:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHpjHTQJ ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOBK6ey ... re=related[/youtube]

Diving in Orchid Island:

Diving in Green Island:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jkuqz3j ... re=related[/youtube]

Taiwan is a "little big island" with many great natural scenery. What I've posted so far is just a few tourist areas. 31% of Taiwan's land area is mountains of >1,000 meter altitude. As an island, Taiwan is surrounded by sea, and there are also several nearby islands with great diving/snorkeling. Many areas are only accessible if you have your own transportation, as public transportation and taxi services are limited. Winston has a car, time, and enough money to go explore many of these places. But instead of doing so, he chooses to point at utilitarian style buildings and call them ugly, rather than seeking out unique architecture.

Beitou Public Library

Cingjing Farm Area (built by Europhiles in TW)

The main tourist attraction is... sheep.

Last edited by momopi on September 12th, 2012, 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Winston wrote:What a strange but entertaining post.

But only half of what you say is true.

First, I do not have trouble understanding Asian culture. I understand it on the surface, but I don't resonate with it. My soul is not Asian. I do not act meek and humble. Look how arrogant I act and sound on here, is that how Asian men in Asia act? LOL. Thus I obviously do not fit in.

Asian culture is not about individualism, it's about groups. This means a person is nothing without a group. There is no concept of an individual or loner with a rich inner life who doesn't need others. A loner in Asia is empty and depressed.

Second, most Taiwanese guys do not dress better than me. You are comparing me with pop stars and celebrities. If you come to Chiayi, you will see that most guys here look like hicks, and dress way below me.

I'm happy with my dress and it makes me feel confident. I'm not going to dress like someone else I'm not.

Some women like and appreciate my confidence and freespirit vibe. There is a Chinese woman here (whom is now friends with Rock too) that I'm seeing who is drawn to me because of my freespirit nature, which is unusual and rare here, but she's not my type physically.

You misunderstand something. I have ways of meeting people here, but so what? What good is meeting another 100 or 500 people? The net result is still the same: They will all flake or remain platonic. If they like me, then they won't be my type. That's my fortune. Remember, Murphy's Law rules my life, not karma or statistics. Rock can even attest to that. Meeting more people is not going to change Murphy's Law. In fact, if you read my journals in Russia, I said the same thing years ago, that after meeting 500 women in Russia, the ONLY woman that wanted to sleep with me, was the ONLY one that I wasn't attracted to! What could be a stronger case for Murphy's Law than that?!?!?!

So you see, your conventional advice isn't going to change anything. If you want to help, you'll have to look deeper and tell me how I can win against Murphy's Law or turn its tide.

When I do meet someone I like who likes me, something always screws it up. As always, everything is Murphy's Law. What can you do about that? How do you fight a curse or jinx? That's the real question here.

Stop focusing on shallow issues which are not really the issue.

You also have to understand that I can't be something I'm not, and neither can you. I would not be happy trying to be something I'm not either.

Finally, keep in mind that if I had an Asian personality and was Asian on the inside, then this site wouldn't exist, I would be a conformist, and most of you guys would not even like me or resonate with me. Think about that. So you should try to appreciate who I am.

Overall, I don't think NE Asia is a good place to live for a nonconformist, for various obvious reasons. But that's a topic for another post.

You're missing the entire point here. The question here is why ugly, geeky guys with no personality can still get girls in Taiwan where you cannot. In fact, most guys in Asia seem to be able to get girls, the only ones who have a difficult time tend to be rural farmers (South Korea) or guys with the triple whammy: bad looks AND BAD PERSONALITY combined with poor career prospects.

As has been demonstrated by this link, http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/pictures ... riend.html, bad looks ARE NOT a barrier.

I have some questions for you Winston:

1. Do you have any male Taiwanese friends? (Female friends would be ok too.)

2. Do you have any coed social groups that you socialize with? (go together to cafes, restaurants, etc, and occasional big events like parties and trips)

3. If so, if you have close friends, you can enlist their help in finding you a girlfriend. They are locals and will know better than ANYONE on this message board. They can:
A. Help you not only to find social events to meet women, but give advice which ones will be most effective

B. This includes Facebook groups (like the one i listed above) that have nothing but female members that you can hit up. A lot of these will be on the web only in Chinese, so you would not be able to find the best groups/events WITHOUT THEIR ASSISTANCE.

WHEN YOU FIND A GIRL WHOM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, they can help in 2 ways

1. They can call the girl and tell them that you are interested and tell her what a great guy you are (more effective when a girl contacts her)
and see if they are interested in getting coffee with you.

2. If you screw up in some way, they can contact her and explain how it's a cultural misunderstanding and that you're a good person,
give you a second chance, don't understand you yet, etc

3. Their assistance can the the "extra little push" or "extra edge" that can mean the difference between having a relationship rather than have something wrong happen along the way= no girl for you

Finally, local Taiwanese friends can approach girls at parties, nightclubs and on the street for you and you'll have a better success rate. They can just a approach a girl and say:

That's my ABC friend. He's a great guy. I think he's interested in you. Can I set something up for you guys? How about you come together have coffee with us?

You'll do better. I practically guarantee it.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

NEXT TIP: YOU HAVE FOCUS ON ONE GIRL:

As demonstrated in the Japanese Drama TV Shows:
Densha Otoko
101st Marriage Proposal

You have to find a girl and focus on her:

1. You have to tell her that you like her.

2. You need to keep trying, even if she initially rejects you.

3. You need to keep trying, buy her flowers, gifts, ask her out.

4. In East Asia, this type of beta behavior is rewarded.

5. Many girls in Asia fall in love based on personality, you need to keep trying.

6. It will help if she is part of a coed social circle that has regular events so you have regular contact with her anyway

7. It will help even more, if everyone in the group gangs up on her tellling her to at least give you a shot.

8. You will have a shot to go out on a date with her. Go out to dinner. This is your chance to shine.

9. Even if you screw it up, your Taiwanese friends will vouch for you and tell her to try a second date. Again you really like her. She will eventually agree to go on a second date.

10. Eventually, she will say yes and hopefully fall in love with you.

If she does not appear to change her attitude after a prolonged period, move on to a different girl.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fightforlove wrote:Word on the street in the Korean community is that Chinese/Taiwanese men are more passive.
Yeah. They say that Korean men are more passionate, proud and arrogant. I've only known a few, so I can't say much about them.

Definitely Taiwanese men are passive. They are not just humble, meek, and timid, but they also constantly bow and apologize, saying "bu hau isee" even when it's not necessary. No one does that in the West, it's not normal. I don't do that. It's kind of gay. But sometimes I will do it half-heartedly just to fit in.

Taiwanese men are also very boring. They have few or no opinions, not even on politics or world events (well older Taiwanese men may have more opinions, but not younger ones). You can't have an intelligent educated conversation with them. Sure they are somewhat down to earth and nice, but that's about it. Other than that, they are empty shells, nice but empty. Rock doesn't even hang out with Taiwanese guys. If I were a typical Taiwanese guy of course, then he wouldn't even hang around me either, and of course, this site wouldn't exist and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. :P

Btw, my opinions on Taiwan aren't as unique as you might think. A number of Asian Americans and ABC's have written me saying that they feel the same way about Taiwan - that they feel repressed there, that they feel that their individuality is not validated, that they feel like they are expected to be something they are not, etc. I don't know too many ABC's that fit into Taiwan or thrive here, except for second hand reports from Repatriate and others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: You misunderstand something. I have ways of meeting people here, but so what? What good is meeting another 100 or 500 people? The net result is still the same: They will all flake or remain platonic. If they like me, then they won't be my type. That's my fortune. Remember, Murphy's Law rules my life, not karma or statistics. Rock can even attest to that. Meeting more people is not going to change Murphy's Law. In fact, if you read my journals in Russia, I said the same thing years ago, that after meeting 500 women in Russia, the ONLY woman that wanted to sleep with me, was the ONLY one that I wasn't attracted to! What could be a stronger case for Murphy's Law than that?!?!?!
If you seriously believe that Murphys Law is responsible, and that you're predestined for failure, then why did you ask the following questions?
Because I'm asking you how to conquer Murphy's Law or destiny or bad luck or jinxes, etc. Surface solutions such as "getting out more" etc. are merely cliches and don't change destiny or Murphy's Law. I'm a fighter, going against fate and invisible forces, which seem to work against me and my desires/wishes. The question is: What can you do against that? That's what I've been asking you.

But for some reason, you don't like to answer questions directly. Instead, you spin off into a wisecrack or joke, which is often funny, but doesn't address the heart of the matter.

Rock and I joked and laughed about this when we were here. I would ask Rock "What would Momopi say if he were here? What would he do?" And I would say "He would probably spin another wise crack". lol. We also said that you were a high class person and would never stay in the cheap hotels that me and Rock do. lol

Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

Winston wrote: Yeah. They say that Korean men are more passionate, proud and arrogant. I've only known a few, so I can't say much about them.

Definitely Taiwanese men are passive. They are not just humble, meek, and timid, but they also constantly bow and apologize, saying "bu hau isee" even when it's not necessary. No one does that in the West, it's not normal. I don't do that. It's kind of gay. But sometimes I will do it half-heartedly just to fit in.

Taiwanese men are also very boring. They have few or no opinions, not even on politics or world events (well older Taiwanese men may have more opinions, but not younger ones). You can't have an intelligent educated conversation with them. Sure they are somewhat down to earth and nice, but that's about it. Other than that, they are empty shells, nice but empty. Rock doesn't even hang out with Taiwanese guys. If I were a typical Taiwanese guy of course, then he wouldn't even hang around me either, and of course, this site wouldn't exist. :P
I'm not being a troll this time. Though I'm not a Taiwanese man, I still get offended by your post.
No wonder you don't have any local male friends in Taiwan. Because deep inside your heart, you think you are far more superior to them. And actually you are not! Stop living in your fantastic dream! You are just a perverted looking middle-aged Chinese uncle. Your smile gross out every girls in East Asia. To Asian girls, any nerdy looking local Asian guys are better looking than you. I asked my female co-workers to see your photo, they are all disgusted by your look. Especially this photo.

And you said you are arrogant and cocky. Then how come at 7:04 in this video([youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznH0ihU ... r_embedded[/youtube]) you looks so timid and walk like a f***ing p***y? Are you scared by that girl? LMFAO!

Winston, You are not the person you think you are! To most of people, you are just a perverted looking middle-aged chinese uncle NOW!

And seems like you are avoiding celery2010's question. Do those questions touched your scar? Don't have any friends in your childhood. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Naoki on September 12th, 2012, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

celery2010 wrote: You're missing the entire point here. The question here is why ugly, geeky guys with no personality can still get girls in Taiwan where you cannot. In fact, most guys in Asia seem to be able to get girls, the only ones who have a difficult time tend to be rural farmers (South Korea) or guys with the triple whammy: bad looks AND BAD PERSONALITY combined with poor career prospects.

As has been demonstrated by this link, http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/pictures ... riend.html, bad looks ARE NOT a barrier.

I have some questions for you Winston:

2. Do you have any coed social groups that you socialize with? (go together to cafes, restaurants, etc, and occasional big events like parties and trips)

3. If so, if you have close friends, you can enlist their help in finding you a girlfriend. They are locals and will know better than ANYONE on this message board. They can:
A. Help you not only to find social events to meet women, but give advice which ones will be most effective

B. This includes Facebook groups (like the one i listed above) that have nothing but female members that you can hit up. A lot of these will be on the web only in Chinese, so you would not be able to find the best groups/events WITHOUT THEIR ASSISTANCE.

WHEN YOU FIND A GIRL WHOM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, they can help in 2 ways

1. They can call the girl and tell them that you are interested and tell her what a great guy you are (more effective when a girl contacts her) and see if they are interested in getting coffee with you.

2. If you screw up in some way, they can contact her and explain how it's a cultural misunderstanding and that you're a good person,

3. Their assistance can the the "extra little push" or "extra edge" that can mean the difference between having a relationship rather than have something wrong happen along the way= no girl for you

Finally, local Taiwanese friends can approach girls at parties, nightclubs and on the street for you and you'll have a better success rate. They can just a approach a girl and say:

That's my ABC friend. He's a great guy. I think he's interested in you. Can I set something up for you guys? How about you come together have coffee with us?

Dude, you are so Asian, and your advice is so clicheish and mainstream. What are you doing on a freethinking/intellectual board? LOL

First, do you really think I would waste precious months of my life chasing just ONE girl, esp when it is likely to end up in failure? LOL. Broad minded people here know better. It's much easier to hop on a plane to Angeles City or Pattaya, and pay $20 to barfine a girl and get sex that night, then to spend months courting and calling a girl who MAY OR MAY NOT ever date you! Duh! Don't you know anything about efficiency? If you ran a business, it'd fail with inefficiency.

You're forgetting something. I'm a tourist in Taiwan. I'm not living or settling here. And I didn't grow up here. Those geeky ugly Taiwanese guys with hot/cute girls grew up here and have a circle of friends they grew up with in school - their clique, so to speak. They most likely met their girlfriends from those circles that they grew up with. That's not something you can just conjure up out of nowhere. Duh. It takes an entire childhood to cultivate that. I don't have that advantage. It's not something a tourist can just come here and have. Duh. Why did you fail to consider that? Why is your view so narrow?

Even Rock knows guys who don't get girls in NE Asia - their personality simply turns off NE Asian girls. Many ABC's have emailed me saying that they too felt repressed and invalidated in Taiwan, and that they couldn't be themselves, including ABC girls. So I'm not a unique phenomenon. Taiwan is not a natural fit for an Americanized Asian, for various reasons.

You're also forgetting another thing. I said that I saw hundreds of girls at the mall with average looking or wimpy looking guys. But that doesn't mean that EVERY guy in Taiwan can get girls easily. You are mixing these things up. Seeing hundreds of couples at a mall doesn't mean that everyone is a couple. There could still be tons of lonely guys, but you just don't see them. You could go to a mall in the US and see tons of couples too, but would that mean that every decent guy in the US can get dates easily?

As to your questions:

Yes, I have one. But he never introduces me to any girls. He is nice but timid and does not approach girls. No one does here. It's taboo. The only guy I've seen that does it is Rock, but even he feels shy at times.

Only the Couchsurfing groups. I tend to get along with travelers, open minded people, and banana Asians (westernized personalities in asian bodies), but not mainstream Taiwanese. Sure I've been to expat parties. But so what? At expat parties, there are a lot of friendly people, but so what? The white women there won't date me (it's a myth that white women in Taiwan are desperate and can't find any guy to sleep with, you can even ask Rock about it, total myth for sure) and the Taiwanese girls there are all into white guys. Thus I am not wanted there.

Most of my friends are spread out, not part of the same clique. I've always been like that. I think most nonconformists are like that - they don't have cliques of friends that all know each other (like in the Friends sitcom), instead, they have one to one friendships with different people of a quality nature.

I don't have friends in Chiayi except an expat guy, but he is hard to reach. Everyone I've met in Chiayi doesn't want to hang out with me, not even the Couchsurfing members in Chiayi. They all told me to find someone else. I have some friends in other parts of Taiwan, but only one expat guy actively introduces me to women. However, all the women he introduced me to are older and unattractive, not part of the 80 percent of good looking girls in Taiwan.

Also dude, if you had any life experience, you'd know that introductions RARELY work. Most real friendships/relationships meet on their own, not through introductions or blind dates.

Oh my gosh. You sound like my dad. None of his advice ever works. Plus he has no experience in meeting girls. It's all just old fashioned but well meaning clicheish talk and nonsense. Anyone can give that kind of advice, even in the US, but it rarely amounts to anything. If life were that easy, no one would have a problem getting girls.

If you think things are this easy, then why don't you introduce some decent girls to me?

One of my close local friends here is Rock, who has lived here for ten years. But not even he can introduce me to any girls that I like. So you see, reality is not that easy. Momopi also long ago told me that he could introduce me to some women in Taiwan, but of course, he never has, and if I ask him to now, he would have some excuse. See what I mean? Reality is not that easy.

So you see, in reality, all I get are excuses. Nothing is as easy as you make it out to be. Rock is great at approaching girls, but only a small percentage of these friendly chats will lead anywhere. Reality is not that easy dude. Do you have any real life experience? lol

I have hundreds of hot Taiwanese girls on my FB friends list, but it means nothing, and most of them don't even reply to my messages. So you see, reality is not as easy as your clicheish useless advice.

I have tons of phone numbers of girls here. How about I hand them to you and you try to set me up, Celery, since you think it's so easy? Then you can get a dose of reality?
WHEN YOU FIND A GIRL WHOM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, they can help in 2 ways[/size]

1. They can call the girl and tell them that you are interested and tell her what a great guy you are (more effective when a girl contacts her) and see if they are interested in getting coffee with you.

Like I said, local Taiwanese friends don't approach girls. Not even local expats do, that I've seen. The only one I've seen that cold approaches girls are Rock, his tenant, and sometimes myself. Other people don't have the guts and make excuses.

You don't seem to understand girls. If they are not interested in you, having a friend intercede is not going to create any attraction or chemistry. That's WISHFUL thinking. Not reality. Think about it. If a girl you didn't like had a friend intercede and told you that she was a great girl, would that change your mind? DUH! LOL

Right now, I know a girl that I'm interested in. How about I have YOU, Celery, contact her and try to get her to go out with me?

Since it's so easy, and you said you "guarantee it", why don't you do it? I would be willing to pay you if you can get results. Otherwise, again, all EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES.

Everyone here knows that reality is not as easy as simple cliched advice that even your grandma could give.

You say it's easy, so prove it. Contact some girls I like. See if you can get anywhere with them. Step up to the plate Celery, since you are the one making the claim... Step up. The ball is in your court.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

celery2010 wrote:NEXT TIP: YOU HAVE FOCUS ON ONE GIRL:

As demonstrated in the Japanese Drama TV Shows:
Densha Otoko
101st Marriage Proposal

You have to find a girl and focus on her:

1. You have to tell her that you like her.

2. You need to keep trying, even if she initially rejects you.

3. You need to keep trying, buy her flowers, gifts, ask her out.

4. In East Asia, this type of beta behavior is rewarded.

5. Many girls in Asia fall in love based on personality, you need to keep trying.

6. It will help if she is part of a coed social circle that has regular events so you have regular contact with her anyway

7. It will help even more, if everyone in the group gangs up on her tellling her to at least give you a shot.

8. You will have a shot to go out on a date with her. Go out to dinner. This is your chance to shine.

9. Even if you screw it up, your Taiwanese friends will vouch for you and tell her to try a second date. Again you really like her. She will eventually agree to go on a second date.

10. Eventually, she will say yes and hopefully fall in love with you.

If she does not appear to change her attitude after a prolonged period, move on to a different girl.

That might be the way to do it if you are 19 and in school and have plenty of time to kill, but not if you are middle age and every month is precious...

One girl? Who should I pick? There are plenty of girls I write to on FB that don't write back. So what? Should I keep writing anyway? For what purpose?

Why don't you introduce me to a co-ed group with attractive women in it? Easier said than done. What you describe is the Asian conservative way of doing things. I'm not sure it's the way a playboy does things. lol

Impress her? How come at restaurants, most of the couples I see there, including young ones, barely talk. They don't flirt or try to impress each other. They just sit and eat like a routine. The guy doesn't even put his arm around her. Do Taiwanese guys have no desires? Are they sterile? Why is that?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Naoki wrote:
Winston wrote: Yeah. They say that Korean men are more passionate, proud and arrogant. I've only known a few, so I can't say much about them.

Taiwanese men are also very boring. They have few or no opinions, not even on politics or world events (well older Taiwanese men may have more opinions, but not younger ones). You can't have an intelligent educated conversation with them. Sure they are somewhat down to earth and nice, but that's about it. Other than that, they are empty shells, nice but empty. Rock doesn't even hang out with Taiwanese guys. If I were a typical Taiwanese guy of course, then he wouldn't even hang around me either, and of course, this site wouldn't exist. :P
I'm not being a troll this time. Though I'm not a Taiwanese man, I still get offended by your post.
No wonder you don't have any local male friends in Taiwan. Because deep inside your heart, you think you are far more superior to them. And actually you are not! Stop living in your fantastic dream! You are just a perverted looking middle-aged Chinese uncle. Your smile gross out every girls in East Asia. To Asian girls, any nerdy looking local Asian guys are better looking than you. I asked my female co-workers to see your photo, they are all disgusted by your look. Especially this photo.

And you said you are arrogant and cocky. Then how come at 7:04 in this video([youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznH0ihU ... r_embedded[/youtube]) you looks so timid and walk like a f***ing p***y? Are you scared by that girl? LMFAO!

Winston, You are not the person you think you are! To most of people, you are just a perverted looking middle-aged chinese uncle NOW!

And seems like you are avoiding celery2010's question. Do those questions touched your scar? Don't have any friends in your childhood. :lol: :lol:
f**k you Naoki. At least I don't worship some French newscaster.

If you are offended by the truth, that's your fricking problem. Who the f**k are you?

It's true, Taiwan guys are boring as hell. Even Rock doesn't hang out with them, and feels the same way. I don't make them that way. Why you blaming me? WTF is your problem? f**k off Naoki.

My photos don't show the charm and charisma I have that makes some girls laugh. They also don't show my freespirit vibe that some people are drawn to and find refreshing.

MANY Filipinas, including Dianne, can't stand most guys like you, because most guys have an asshole vibe, not a freespirit soulful vibe like I do. They even tell me so. You can ask Dianne. Most guys suck, such as you.

As to that video, well of course I look shy and timid. I was in Taiwan doing something taboo - approaching a girl cold. You aren't supposed to do that there. Flirting and cold approaches are taboo in Taiwan. Even Celery admits that. That's why I felt awkward doing that, at Rock's suggestion.

If you watch Rock approach girls, he feels shy and uneasy too. Everyone does. If you come to Taiwan, you will see why. Come here and try to cold approach girls like that. You will see how awkward it is and not blame me.

If you see me approach girls in Russia in my videos, you will see that I look more relaxed and natural. That's because approaching girls fits into the vibe/environment/culture there, whereas in Taiwan it definitely does not. Flirting itself is taboo in Taiwan. It's a very prudish culture, at least on the surface.

Stop wasting my time, you loser. I have important things to do.

This is why I avoid most people. Most people suck, all they do is argue with you, waste your time, drain your energy, criticize you, and try to make you feel like shit. The only true peace is in being alone. Nearly everyone on the ATS forum (www.abovetopsecret.com), which is one of the most intellectual forums on the internet, agreed with me.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread861105/pg1

That's why I don't waste time with most people, unless they are kindred spirits, quality friends, or hot girls. Otherwise, you are a waste of my time and energy. So please f**k off.

I've told the truth and that's that. Don't waste any more of my time. That's why I tend to avoid wasteful useless topics like these.

Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

Winston wrote:
Naoki wrote:
Winston wrote:
Me being an asshole? Your post that criticize Asian men(Taiwanese men) sounds more asshole to me.

You always say people hate the truth. Real honestly people like you are always hated.
Then why you can't accept any criticize even it is true?

You are really not the person you think you are. You are just hypnotize yourself.

I'm just telling the truth, sincerely.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Winston wrote:
You're forgetting something. I'm a tourist in Taiwan. I'm not living or settling here. And I didn't grow up here. Those geeky ugly Taiwanese guys with hot/cute girls grew up here and have a circle of friends they grew up with in school - their clique, so to speak. They most likely met their girlfriends from those circles that they grew up with. That's not something you can just conjure up out of nowhere. Duh. It takes an entire childhood to cultivate that. I don't have that advantage. It's not something a tourist can just come here and have. Duh. Why did you fail to consider that? Why is your view so narrow?
You're wrong here. Let me give you some examples:

1. Davao, PI
In April of this year 2012, i was in Davao, in the Philippines, as a tourist. On a Monday night, i went out to a place called Matina Town Square. It is a place with a group of 7 or 8 bars together. (open-air) They had a bunch of cover bands playing. I was alone and sat amongst the tables with a beer and watched the bands. After about 20 minutes, i got bored. I walked towards the back where there were some people hanging out. I walked by and heard two Philippino guys talking in English. I asked them a question about the local nightlife, whether there were better places to go on a Monday night.

We got to talking and they invited me over to their table. As it turns out, they work for the call center industry, so that's why their English was so good. The guy's girlfriend instantly takes an interest in me and keeps telling me how many women she can introduce me to. She told me that she had a huge social network of people and knew of at least 5-10 girls off the top of her head that she could introduce me to, if i wanted to date them. However it was too bad, since i was leaving Davao in 2 days, but if i stayed, she probably could have introduced me to something like 15-20 girls.

2. Nanning, China
In March of this year, I was taking the bus from Hanoi to Nanning, China. While at the China/Vietnam border, they make us switch buses and we end up waiting for an hour for the other bus to arrive. While waiting, i befriend a Vietnamese guy who lives in Nanning. Upon arrival, he assists me in asking about the cheapest way to get to Shenzhen. He asks where I am staying. I tell him that i hadn't decided yet and will try calling up a few hotels/hostels. He says why don't you just stay over with us?

I meet his girlfriend (chinese) and she is very friendly. The next day, she starts mentioning that she knows a ton of local girls that would be interested in dating. She probably could have introduced me to at least 5-10 girls.

3. Guangzhou, China
I was staying in a hostel in Guangzhou around Halloween time. The girl at the reception tells me that a big party will be held in a few days on Halloween night. There will be lots of local students there including many who speak English. Over 40 young college girls show up. Oddly enough, there were NO guys!! I end up dancing with a girl and in the middle, i end up leaving to dance with a hotter girl. She didn't react negatively- girls in China don't find this kind of behavior unusual. I later meet and get to know 5-10 girls, get their phone numbers and they invite me to another event that is happening the following week that is through their university. I probably could have met 50++ girls if i had stayed in Guangzhou.

4. Kaohshiung, Taiwan.
I end up hanging out with a coed group through i guy i met elsewhere in Taiwan. We end up hanging out at one of the trendiest cafes in Kaohshiung, there are a lot of attractive girls there. They help explain all the different teas that are popular at cafes in Taiwan. Two of the girls i met express an interest in improving their English.

5. Bangalore, India
While attending a New Year's Eve party in Bangalore, I meet an Indian-American guy who was visiting for the weekend from Mumbai. He ends up introducing me to a ton of his friends including a ton of cute girls. We also end up attending an "after-party" where people were still hanging out at 5am. He even invites me to visit him up in Mumbai, which i do and have a great time in Mumbai as well.

This is why it's important to get to know other ABC's, they are usually friendly and will introduce you to their friends, which usually includes some hot girls.

6. Kuala Lumpur/Bangkok
While staying at a hostel in Kuala Lumpur, i meet 2 Thai girls. They are both very nice and give me their number and ask me to call them when i get to Thailand. After a few days in Bangkok, i call one of the girls and she invites me to hang out with her friends. I meet at least 5 different Thai girls, all of whom were friendly and knew of parties and social events happening all over town. I could have easily met 20++ girls through them.

7. Chengdu, China
Hang out at the local "expat" bar, where i meet a Taiwanese-American guy. By meeting him, i get access to a group of people at the bar. It seems like everyone knows everyone else, lots of regulars. I work my way over to a drop-dead gorgeous girl who is very friendly to me, gives me her number and invites me to hang out (she needs assistance in English).

Remember, all of these situations happened WHILE I WAS TRAVELLING, not living there. If i was living there, i could have met many more people, it's easy.

PS- If you want a place where a more Americanized Asian would feel comfortable, try Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan/Korea or even Hawaii/Los Angeles/Sydney

Yes, I have one. But he never introduces me to any girls. He is nice but timid and does not approach girls. No one does here. It's taboo. The only guy I've seen that does it is Rock, but even he feels shy at times.

Wrong. I meant that he would introduce you to girls he knows, not cold approaches, although a more outgoing preferably female friend could help you with cold approaches in a place like a café or bar (not on the street).

At the very least, a good friend can let you know where events are taking place that lots of attractive young girls will be, like parties, etc. YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW UP, then it's up to you to make a love connection.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

If you think things are this easy, then why don't you introduce some decent girls to me?
Getting the girl to go out with you would be easy. The hard part in your case would be getting the second date.

As I understood it, you seemed to have difficulty meeting girls. Now you are telling me that even if it was easy or possible for you to meet women, that it just wouldn’t work out.

So what is the issue? YOU CAN'T MEET GIRLS? OR THAT YOU CAN'T KEEP GIRLS?

If you want to keep girls, then you know what you need to do:
1) Have a high paying/high status job
2) Look good. Meaning workout, get a nice haircut and some stylish threads.
3) Be able to carry a conversation that is interesting to women and keeps them intrigued. This means that some topics may not be of interest to them, like 9/11 conspiracy theories or whether aliens exist. Being a world-renowned skeptic does not hold value for women. Women aren't looking for logical,free-thinking, unique original Asians to date.

Similarly, a world class sewing champion female who was ugly and overweight means nothing for most guys.

4) Realize that some things (banana-ness) may not be what girls in Taiwan are seeking.

If you are not a fit with Asian culture, then you should go to the most free-thinking, non conformist parts of Asia. Or you should leave to find areas of the world where that is appreciated, like say Russia or parts of Europe.

BTW, did you feel that the Philippines was also like Taiwan? Were the people there cold, conformist and boring there too? If not why aren't you going back to the Philippines? Or why not Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand or southwestern China?

Here is a haircut that I recommend for you:

This is a good looking haircut that is easily doable with asian hair. It is simple, short and neat just like you like your hair to be. But the hair in this haircut is much longer than your current length and yes his hair is layered. I know (asian) guys who have this kind of haircut, so it definitely works with asian hair. It is also age appropriate for someone older yet is still stylish enough to meet/attract younger women.

You need to layer your hair. Not layering your hair is why you keep complaining of looking like a porcupine. Other asian men have hair with qualities that are similar to yours. Getting your hair texturized/cut in layers makes the difference.

Try going to Taipei and going to the best hair salon you can find. Otherwise if you want a western haircut, you can go to Hong Kong, as there is a huge market for expat haircuts cut by western stylists, although it won’t be cheap.

Going for one girl and getting a hot girl to fall in love with you is a big win for someone in your situation. You’re not a 40 year old internet millionaire who looks like a Hollywood model who can date dozens of women every year.

Only really good looking guys can do cold approaches and be successful, getting new and different hot girls every month. Yet these are your expectations.

The rest of society needs to meet people in a more organized setting.

One girl? Who should I pick? There are plenty of girls I write to on FB that don't write back. So what? Should I keep writing anyway? For what purpose?

You need to find a girl that you can have face-to face contact with. A girl in a coed group or say a girl who works in a store.

That way you can keep seeing her, again physically, face-to face. Bring her flowers, etc and keep asking her out. She’ll eventually say yes, even if it’s just to get rid of you. You can even tell her that if she goes out with you and it doesn’t work out, that you’ll never bother her again.

Then, it's up to you when it comes to the date. You'll have to work your magic. Remember there are 2 parts here: 1)Trying to meet women and 2) Trying to keep them/ getting the 2nd date.

Last edited by celery2010 on September 13th, 2012, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.