Why is American society so cutthroat and selfish?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

fschmidt wrote:I think the cause is male sexual frustration. American men are the most undersexed in the world. This is a result of lack of prostitution combined with female frigidity left over from puritanism combined with feminist promiscuous hypergamy. Sexual frustration causes extreme competition in the subconscious hope of sex as well as total inconsideration for one's fellow man.
Yes, I have read articles recently that stated American men are the most undersexed men in the world! :shock:

This is because prostitution is illegal and the women in the US are very difficult to meet. There is also female frigidity left over from puritanism and the fact that feminism in the US tells women that all men are creeps. :shock:

There are more sexually frustrated men in the US than any country in the world! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

One of my main goals is to leave the United States of America. I dislike American politics, the competition, inconsiderate people, the greed, the politicians, the partisanship, and the policies. Many women are too masculine and are cynical about love. That is why I want a foreign woman. I agree America is experiencing a decline just like Rome caused by moral degradation, decadence, the decline of marriage, the decline of social institutions, taxes, wars, and divorce. America is like the world's shopping mall because it is no longer the envy of the world and hasn't been for at least one decade.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Émigré wrote:America is like the world's shopping mall....
Nice.
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

Émigré wrote:One of my main goals is to leave the United States of America. I dislike American politics, the competition, inconsiderate people, the greed, the politicians, the partisanship, and the policies. Many women are too masculine and are cynical about love. That is why I want a foreign woman.
same thing I can say about Ukraine. I dislike Ukrainian politics, the competition, nihilism, inconsiderate people, the greed, the politicians e.t.c
also many Ukrainian girls are depraved and very interested in money...

I agree America is experiencing a decline just like Rome caused by moral degradation, decadence,
:roll: moral degradation? in Ukraine too...unfortunately :( Look on this party in Ukraine

liberal society...
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

what about the shitty TV

Post by dreamer82 »

Nobody mentioned bad TV and Movies.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Google wrote:
same thing I can say about Ukraine. I dislike Ukrainian politics, the competition, nihilism, inconsiderate people, the greed, the politicians e.t.c
also many Ukrainian girls are depraved and very interested in money...

I agree America is experiencing a decline just like Rome caused by moral degradation, decadence,
:roll: moral degradation? in Ukraine too...unfortunately :( Look on this party in Ukraine

liberal society... [/size]
Google you're Ukrainian and still living there, correct?

If so -- why are you on HA? What kind of place would you leave Ukraine for? Or where do you think you will find better women?
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

Jester wrote:
Google you're Ukrainian and still living there, correct?
yes, still living.
Jester wrote: What kind of place would you leave Ukraine for?
Hawaii, Madeira, Spain, Austria, Monaco, Ireland, Slovenia.

Jester wrote: Or where do you think you will find better women?
in another world)) or...maybe in India
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

I once knew this woman who had her share of problems and baggage (she lived with her parents, we only dated for about a month). But she also had some wisdom. We had a discussion about naive and selfish people and her observation was that "life simply has not beaten them down yet".

I think that what she was saying is that in the 21st century of reality TV, over-emphasis of sports, argumentative talk shows, iPhones, social media, home ownership OCD, etc. it sometimes takes some fairly major turmoil (divorce, death in family, bankruptcy) to bring even a sensible person to their senses as to what is really important in our narcissistic culture.

It's like we are a society with large cuts and people, like little children, are afraid of getting stitches. Instead they want their materialistic pain-free band-aids and painkillers - which do nothing to heal their wounds. As for me, I have no desire to own the latest and greatest gadgets or keep up with the Joneses. A quote from the Fight Club spells this out perfectly.

"You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you."
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

HenryGeorge wrote:
patrick wrote:The same competitiveness which made the USA the nr1 is now showing it's negative sides.

Perhaps it's the end of an empire, like the Roman empire or how a lot of other great civilications went down. Wars, excessiveness, everything which needed to be done has been done, the land has been taken over and developed, the original people are locked in their camps, no usefull countries left to colonise, no real goal anymore. Just rich people who want to be filthy rich so they can be filthy rich, be happy with it and in the meantime f**k all normal people over. So now the US (or any great empire on it's decline) is just eating itself away from the inside.
It is indeed quite similar to that of the Roman empire.

The great historian, Gibbons, who wrote The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, gave five reasons for the fall of the great dynasty.

First: Rapid increase of divorce, with the undermining of the sanctity of the home, which is the basis of society.

Second: Higher and higher taxes; the spending of money for bread and celebrations.

Third: The mad craze for pleasure, sports becoming every year more exciting and more brutal.

Fourth: The building of gigantic armaments, when the real enemy was within; the decadence of the people.

Fifth: The decay of religion; faith fading into mere form, losing touch with life, and becoming impotent to guide it.

http://www.theexaminer.org/volume6/number6/empire.htm
There's a mix of truth and deception in comparing the fall of the Roman Empire and that of the American Century.

The Roman Empire has been, to the most eminent historians at least, the largest and most ambitious project of social and cultural inclusion the history of Earth has ever seen, and probably ever will. Please pay attention to the key word here, inclusion. At its peak, the imperial rule of Rome was one of synthesis of every subjected people and culture. A fair trade of local "raw" resources against the "highly processed" resource of a civilisation larger than the sum of its constituents, and one that brought everything, from culture to art and architecture to science and engineering, from military strategy to political discourse to heights only seen, albeit on a much smaller scale, in the Greek Polis.

I don't know too much about American history, yet I suspect the US must have been, at some point of their infancy, informed by the same principles of equality, self-determination and inclusion. Then, as soon as they lost their status of avant-garde colony, the new Rome started to morph into a modern version of Carthage.

Carthage was a city-state near to where modern Tunis is, and capital of the Punic empire. The power of Carthage traced back to the legendary Phoenician skills as sea explorers and traders. Yet, unlike Rome, the bulk of their wealth was rapidly built on a form of cut-troath mercantilism over the Mediterranean: trade with us but at our conditions, or else. An ancient form of militarised commerce, piracy disguised as trading, that never sought a fair deal. Romans would never accept such a trading partner in their "mare nostrum" ("commonal sea") and actually had the military might to crush them in the two famous Punic wars. The famous statement "Carthago delenda est" (Carthage must be wiped out) from Roman politicians referred to their hatred for a kind of approach to policy and commerce that was unfair, arrogant, destablising and against all the rules they themselves and other trading cultures had built over centuries. You can wage wars with guns, or trade. But you cannot trade with guns.

The British Empire only gave into this form of warmongering commerce towards the end of their rule. See the opium wars. The US seem to have started pulling a Carthage much earlier in their history of a superpower. From United Fruits vs the people of Guatemala, countless countries in Latin America and Asia have been subjected to the unfair deal of militarised, single-sided trading, raped, chewed and spat out, and left with a trail of deaths and desperation, US-backed dictatorships and de-facto economic tirannies (see what the Chicago Boys did in Chile, Indonesia, etc.) that have caused civil unrest and more misery. Latin America started as a federation of colonies just as resourceful and resource-rich as the US. Just imagine what Chile, Argentina, Colombia, or Brazil could have been now if their dignity hadn't been stamped on, and their growth stunted by a century-long history of piracy and mercantile colonialism from the US of A. This is not publicity for one of Naomi Klein's books, all of this really happened, and entire communities all over Latin America are old enough to remember.

So, no my friends, America is indeed falling, but not like a falling Roman Empire. It's a modern Carthage imploding on the same corrupting qualities that they had been exporting abroad for a century. Having colonised most of the known world with their mindset and lacking resources to push their interests further, they have no other choice than retreat and cannibalise what's left of their own people.

Thought I don't agree with his premises, Patrick's final metaphor perfectly sums it up: the US are a society that is literally eating itself away from the inside.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

America is based on Greed, It all revolves around money! Everyone's a consumer. You see how large most becomes later in life! Its really a shame. This society cuts corners and tries to escape truth. The facts are out! www.shadowstats.com This electronic news letter tells the actual truth from a man who did Government Economic Reporting. Fortunate for him he now resides in a Country from which he can't be expedited back to America and taken to court and tried or possibly killed. "WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER, YOU DO BETTER" QUOTE-- MY MOTHER:
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!