How do you guys deal with this behind-your-back trashtalk?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

BTW, if you dont like shit-talkers, dont ever visit Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Slovenia, Holland. Once you understand some intermediate German, you will understand why they have a word called Schadenfreude. Their national pastime, besides soccer, is making fun of other people, and if you are a foreigner, you will get it (and even if you arent one, but they are more stealthy with their own).

Anyhow, I dont think violence is the answer. There are surveillance cameras everywhere nowadays, and you simply can't do this to women (who I think are the ones doing 85% of the gossip) cause they will arrest you and ruin your life.

I have experienced this on a near daily basis.

The good part is that I dont think everyone is susceptible to the gossip of other people. *Some* people are independent thinkers. It depends on how much they already liked you before they heard the gossip and how secure they are in themselves.

And dont believe the hype about people maturing with age. I have met people on their deathbeds or with one foot in the grave who are just as cruel as young people.

The corollary to gossip is what I call "the cockblock," and I think a large percentage of gossip is completely about sex. That is to say, its objective is to nullify the competition in some way, or to elevate their own social status (essentially the same thing).

There are some people who are jealous and genuinely want to prevent you from hooking up. These may be individuals of either sex. The women are angry because you'd never pick them. The men are angry because they assume you can automatically out-compete them.

Then there are the women who *think* you'd want them, if only they could eliminate the competition. But since they are *friends* with the other *women*, their best method is to convince them you are unattractive. That way she will be the only one left who is giving you any attention and is your only viable option.

Don't underestimate the vile evil coming from modern women. Studies have shown that they emulate their mothers and are cruel before the age of five.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.