Western men Southeast Asian women sucess stories

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tom
Junior Poster

Western men Southeast Asian women sucess stories

Post by tom »

There are a lot of success stories I am sure you can think of many.
I will mention one I did not know of till today, The father of Eddie and Alex Van Halen meet there mom while living in Indonesia. I think it can be agreed they turned out ok.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Are you talking about Eddie Van Halen or his parents? Because if you're talking about Eddie...well...uh, he was well known for his personal problems including his turbulent marriage to Valerie Bertinelli, his pissing contests with David Lee Roth, and for being an alcoholic and a general d*ck. If you're talking about Eddies parents, well...yes, but you have to remember his mother was Eurasian and not a full-blooded Indonesian women. She was already part of the higher aristocracy because she had European background (her name was Eugenia Van Beers), and was therefore and not as mistreated as other Indonesians during the colonial period.

There was no way back in the 50s that such a relationship would not have been frowned upon if she was just a "purebred." And, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they were bullied and teased growing up for being mixed race children. But in general, Asians and mixed race Asians seem to do well in whatever country their in, no matter what type of situation they find themselves in. I guess you can chalk that up to higher IQs and intelligence.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I just know what I saw in the video, they said there mom grew up on the bank of some river. Eddie Van Halen is considered to be one of the greatest guitar players of all time, certainly in the top ten list. They have accomplished something few people do. Everyone has problems especially with women. I dont think anyone even noticed he was mixed.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

All I ever heard and read is that Eddie and his brother were Dutch. Had no idea about the Asian part. Asians adapt and assimilate very well, that's good or bad depending on one's perspective. To me it's a very admirable quality.