Crypt of Civilization

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Crypt of Civilization

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

You guys should check this out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypt_of_Civilization

At Oglethorpe University (in Georgia) there has apparently been a massive time capsule constructed called the "Crypt of Civilization". This is similar to a cell chamber in an Egyptian pyramid, and it has various artifacts stored in it (such as an original script for the Gone With the Wind movie). The chamber itself is not scheduled to be opened until approximately 6,000 years from now (around the year 8113 A.D.). I stumbled on to this while I was looking for something totally unrelated. I do have my doubts that this chamber will survive until then because what if we have a nuclear war between now and the 80th century? Even if this chamber does survive until the 8100s, I will guarantee you that WHOEVER is around to open this chamber will NOT understand our language, because I predict that NO language spoken by the human race will survive that long. For example, Latin was a major language in it's time, and how long did it last? No more than 2,000 years.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...