Is Texting / Facebook Killing Cold Approach Game?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
spinaroonie
Freshman Poster

Is Texting / Facebook Killing Cold Approach Game?

Post by spinaroonie »

The 2000s saw a dramatic acceleration in the growth of female-centric communications technology - namely, the explosion of texting, social networking, and online dating that the OP touched upon. Yet most PUA material was developed in the late 90s/early 2000s, before smartphones and Facebook. IMO PUA theory hasn't kept pace with the evolution of communications technology, especially now that the "seduction community" has morphed into the "seduction industry".

IMO all the growth in technology has had a negative effect on game. Simply, girls today have too many distractions and too many options. When was the last time you saw an attractive young woman traveling alone without iPod earpods, or peering down at her smartphone, or without a cell phone glued to her ear?

There was a time when “getting a numberâ€￾ actually meant something. You’d call her home and she’d pick up, you’d have an actual phone conversation, and you’d set up a date. Seems like something from the Jurassic period, but the older guys here will attest to this.

Now it’s 2012. How many threads have we read here where a guy seemingly has a great interaction with a girl in a club and gets the number, only to have the girl screen out his call or ignore his texts the next day? “Flakingâ€￾ as a verb didn’t exist in the 90s or earlier – flakes were something that came with dandruff.

It’s funny to read guys in here still crowing about getting numbers. Fellas, numbers means nothing. Girls today give out their number like candy on Halloween. How many of those numbers are translating to dates and lays?

Now guys will come on here and say that it’s all a numbers game – that you need to talk to 100 girls and get 20 numbers, play these little text games, and maybe get 3 dates out of it. Who has time for that sh*t? I have other demands on my time – I work, I study, I work out, volunteer, have hobbies, and spend time with family and friends. Far better to invest in one quality interaction with one quality girl that I’ll be assured of eventually dating and laying.

If Mystery and Style had to contend with today’s bar/club/night game environment (and not the late 90s), Mystery wouldn’t have developed his ingenious Mystery Method and Style wouldn’t have written The Game. They likely would have growing frustrated with the constant cell phones, the constant smartphones, the constant texting and Facebooking, the constant pics-with-digital-cameras and attention-wh*ring, the constant flaking – and quit. There would be no PUA community and no PUA industry. Of course, none of this was epidemic in the late 90s/early 00s because the technology didn’t exist.

Mystery and Style were the right guys that came about in the right place at the right time – in the Web 1.0 era when the internet permitted the anonymous dissemination of information worldwide via newsgroups, but before the machinations of Web 2.0 (social networking, online dating, smartphones & texting) that have killed the game these guys developed for good.

Game 1.0 is dead. It’s time for Game 2.0 – game in the smartphone era.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

If a girl rejects you it´s always because she doesn´t think you´re good looking enough for her. Everything else is mental masturbation.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another bullshit PUA article:

Facebook Is Hurting Your Game
http://www.returnofkings.com/2307/faceb ... -your-game

In reality though, if a girl is attracted to your looks and feels chemistry with you or vibes with you, she will go out with you. All you have to do is get her number and ask her out, or she will. It doesn't matter if you "Facebook close her" rather than get her number, or if you use any "game or technique". Those aren't going to make any difference in her attraction to you. If she likes you, it doesn't matter whether you call her or FB message her. If she doesn't like you, it won't matter either.

Why are so many guys out there giving bad advice on blogs, putting people in cartoonish categories like "alpha and beta" and acting like dating is a "skill or technique"? Relationships are not like machines you can control. What bullshit. These guys act like they have no real life experience with women or with people in general. They are a bunch of geeks making up bullshit stories and giving bullshit advice that doesn't apply to the real world. So stupid.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:Another bullshit PUA article:

Facebook Is Hurting Your Game
http://www.returnofkings.com/2307/faceb ... -your-game

In reality though, if a girl is attracted to your looks and feels chemistry with you or vibes with you, she will go out with you. All you have to do is get her number and ask her out, or she will. It doesn't matter if you "Facebook close her" rather than get her number, or if you use any "game or technique". Those aren't going to make any difference in her attraction to you. If she likes you, it doesn't matter whether you call her or FB message her. If she doesn't like you, it won't matter either.

Why are so many guys out there giving bad advice on blogs, putting people in cartoonish categories like "alpha and beta" and acting like dating is a "skill or technique"? Relationships are not like machines you can control. What bullshit. These guys act like they have no real life experience with women or with people in general. They are a bunch of geeks making up bullshit stories and giving bullshit advice that doesn't apply to the real world. So stupid.
Well said!
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Actually technology is very useful. While women might use it to screen men, it also helps men reach more women. Let's say you go to a foreign country in vacation, you meet a woman and you spend some time with her. 6-12 months down the line you can keep in touch and hook-up again. That wouldn't be possible without internet and sites like Facebook.

Also, if you have chemistry technology won't stand in the way of a relationship. A woman will actually want to talk to you instead of texting if she's into you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Andrewww wrote:Actually technology is very useful. While women might use it to screen men, it also helps men reach more women. Let's say you go to a foreign country in vacation, you meet a woman and you spend some time with her. 6-12 months down the line you can keep in touch and hook-up again. That wouldn't be possible without internet and sites like Facebook.

Also, if you have chemistry technology won't stand in the way of a relationship. A woman will actually want to talk to you instead of texting if she's into you.
Well said. The problem with PUA articles is that they try to get you to focus on something irrelevant that you can control, to give you something to blame for the fact that she isn't into you and doesn't find you to be her type. But focusing on something irrelevant and blaming it, doesn't change anything, and doesn't change the fact that you aren't her type. That's why in the end, these PUA articles are nothing but a waste of time. They are like fictional literature promoted dishonestly as real advice when in reality it doesn't even apply to the real world or real relationships. In fact, it falsely deceives you into thinking that you can "do something" to make her want you if you aren't her type, which is a false hope.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
JohnDoe
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoe »

(snip)
Last edited by JohnDoe on March 16th, 2016, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

WuFan wrote:If a girl rejects you it´s always because she doesn´t think you´re good looking enough for her. Everything else is mental masturbation.
She can reject you today and f**k you tomorrow, it's totally random. I've had girls blow me off and I f***ed them six months later.

You can be good looking enough and she'll still reject you for some other reason.

Looks don't mean much unless they are at the extremes.
TICS
Freshman Poster

Post by TICS »

in my experiences with approaching FOREIGN women, day game takes up alot of time also. Getting numbers also doesnt mean much as foreign women are much kinder than american women, so they wont yell at or insult you if theyre uninterested. It's probably way easier to get dates through a social circle
tiagomoncada
Freshman Poster

Re: Is Texting / Facebook Killing Cold Approach Game?

Post by tiagomoncada »

fb killing cold approach? 1st, fb isnt even used by young people anymore. 2nd. when was cold approach ever alive? even when i was young cold approach was seen as being disrespectful, and today, it's seen as creepy, and desprate