Do Foreign Girls really like Good Men?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ExpatLife4Me
Freshman Poster

Do Foreign Girls really like Good Men?

Post by ExpatLife4Me »

So, I think it's no surprise to anyone here that American women like thugs, bad-boys, and douchebags and that if you're a good, decent, hard-working man you're going to get left out. I can't even look at 99% of the girls around me anymore without feeling some sort of revulsion because I know that deep down they're just looking for where they can line up for the emotional rollercoaster that is one of these bad-boys or one of these thugs.

The thing is though, while I know that culture and socialization play a big part in this, do foreign women really like the good men. They may be brought up differently but they're still female.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

They do.

Good men = Men with lotsa $$$
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In general yes. But it depends on where they are from. In first world countries, foreign women are more picky and the dating scene is more competitive. With them, being a good guy isn't enough. You gotta have more.

In poorer countries where women are more desperate and can't find a good guy, they will often like you just for being a good decent guy. It really depends on where they are from. Try to ask a more specific question next time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Sure, women everywhere love good guys. But don't kid yourself, they like bad boys even better. And best of all, they like men that other women like.

If you're a good guy, become more bad. You can't fight a billion years of evolution.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

xiongmao wrote:Sure, women everywhere love good guys. But don't kid yourself, they like bad boys even better. And best of all, they like men that other women like.

If you're a good guy, become more bad. You can't fight a billion years of evolution.
What do you mean by bad boy exactly? Lots of bad boys get no women.

I don't know any decent women that like bad boys. Especially in Asia. Foreign women don't like bad boys unless they have mental problems, or unless he is hot, charismatic and exciting at the same time. I don't know even one foreign woman who goes for bad boys. Come on now. You are promoting a myth.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

bad boy = good looking guy

ugly/average looking guy acting like badboy = pervert, loser, creep, tryhard
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Do Foreign Girls really like Good Men?

Post by davewe »

ExpatLife4Me wrote:So, I think it's no surprise to anyone here that American women like thugs, bad-boys, and douchebags and that if you're a good, decent, hard-working man you're going to get left out. I can't even look at 99% of the girls around me anymore without feeling some sort of revulsion because I know that deep down they're just looking for where they can line up for the emotional rollercoaster that is one of these bad-boys or one of these thugs.

The thing is though, while I know that culture and socialization play a big part in this, do foreign women really like the good men. They may be brought up differently but they're still female.
As you've addressed the question, I think it's impossible to answer. First you have to define what you mean by good guy, and other men's forums beat this question to death with no resolution. Some people define a good guy = nice guy = loser. Others define is as a genuine man with good, responsible character. Some more cynical types just equate it to money, as in women like good guys cause they have $$.

My modest experience with foreign women tells me that they are very interested in men with masculine characteristics. They may play games to try to get you to follow them but will not respect you if you do. You have to take the lead and be at least somewhat dominant in the relationship. But that does not mean you have to be some kind of bad boy. You can display masculine characteristics without being a douchebag.

Does that mean they like good guys? Again depends on your definition. And of course it also depends on whether you are talking about short term or long term relationships. Most of the foreign women I have known were much more aware of the difference between the bad boy she might like to screw and the genuine man she dreams of marrying than an AW would be.

But as always your best bet is to get out there and find out for yourself.
Last edited by davewe on March 16th, 2012, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Sure, women everywhere love good guys. But don't kid yourself, they like bad boys even better. And best of all, they like men that other women like.

What do you mean by bad boy exactly? Lots of bad boys get no women.

I don't know any decent women that like bad boys. Especially in Asia. Foreign women don't like bad boys unless they have mental problems, or unless he is hot, charismatic and exciting at the same time. I don't know even one foreign woman who goes for bad boys. Come on now. You are promoting a myth.
The usual concept of 'bad boy' is the guy who loves em' and leaves em', cheats outrageously while in a relationship, does things his own way in his own time w/little regard to needs or wants of any of his partners, doesn't give a shit and takes no shit, uses girls at his whim, and does not take responsibility (especially when he gets girls pregnant), etc.

The good/nice guy is pretty much the opposite of all the above.

So why would a woman be attracted to such an asshole? Well, some of his behavior projects strength. Being a doormat is just not attractive to most women. There are evolutionary explanations for why that's the case.

Now let me bring in a bit of personal experience. I've met girls who I treated quite badly because frankly, I had no romantic attraction to them and wanted them to leave me alone and not waste our time. Amazingly, some of them became obsessive finding ways to pursue me, give me letters and gifts, etc. The more they did, the worse I treated them until they finally came to their senses and gave-up. Before that point, it was a vicious cycle kinda dynamic. On the other hand, I've made the mistake of sucking-up to girls I was overly attracted to a few times. It almost always backfired meaning, she lost all respect for me and any initial attraction she might have had disappeared. That's your direct ticket to the 'friend zone'.

I think NE Asian girls have more sense and are better at leaving abusers when things go to far then girls in many other parts of the world. But even in Taiwan, I know of some women who stay with very bad guys. More generally, I've been amazed at how women in many parts of the world I've traveled to tolerate extreme abuse and remain in love with the bad guy in their life.

I think what women really want in most cases is the man who manages to be strong and good (read responsible and fair) at the same time, a combination of the best features taken from the bad and good guy above. Pretty much the way davewe put it in his last post here.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Post by GuitarGuy996 »

You can be a good human being without being a pushover.

I know it's a bit vague and over stated, but just be you.

I'm a nerd. I don't hide it. I make it work for me.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

GuitarGuy996 wrote:You can be a good human being without being a pushover.

I know it's a bit vague and over stated, but just be you.

I'm a nerd. I don't hide it. I make it work for me.
I like that +1
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I have explained all this in Male Mating Strategies. The idea that asshole behavior projects strength or that nice guys are pushovers is just wrong. The more feminist a society is, the more women will be attracted to bad-boys and repulsed by nice guys as I explained in the post I linked to.
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

I look like the quintessential geek usually but one day I was looking a little rough. I hadn't showered or shaved but had to get to the post office. I threw on a flannel shirt and put one of those wool beany caps on my head. Looking disheveled with sunglasses on, I went to the post office and believe or not, got some serious attention by an Asian American girl. She gave me a serious stare which was something I wasn't used to. Normally, I am clean shaven and get no attention. Her look was more than, "Let's get coffee". I was shocked!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Winston wrote:In general yes. But it depends on where they are from. In first world countries, foreign women are more picky and the dating scene is more competitive. With them, being a good guy isn't enough. You gotta have more.

In poorer countries where women are more desperate and can't find a good guy, they will often like you just for being a good decent guy. It really depends on where they are from. Try to ask a more specific question next time.

Winston hit the nail right on the head with this one and i think it probably deserves it's own thread but since he said it here i going to talk about it here.Me living in a brasilian/hispanic neighborhood in philly i have noticed that foreign women here can be more picky than american women a lot of times.Firstly most of the women come here married from the door either with an american man who did the smart thing and went to her country or with a man she came here with from her own culture.

And if they are single 9 times out of ten they were born here and they tend to have a lot of nationalistic pride(even if they never even been to they're native country) and be in you're face with it with the attitude if you don't speak my language and are not from my country you can take a hike.They tend to create language barriers around them even though they speak english perfectly making them once again unapproachable that is if you can't chime in in that language you're self.Women from Foreign cultures born in the states are notorious for this.

A lot of foreign women in my opinion especially from south america of the spanish and portugese colonies can be racist especially if they don't identify as black this is very true about white and mixed race brasilian women i very rarely see them f**k with black dudes or asian dudes here, shit not even hispanic guys from spanish speaking countries.But if you are a white guy and they want to date outside they're race they will take you.

As for if they like good men i was say yes generally.But in the u.s of gay if you are a nice white guy with money then you being a nice guy with most foreign women in the states is not a problem.

Now in they're country i say yes they love good men.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Lyrics to the punk song "Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend":

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/mrtexperi ... riend.html
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

I can't accurately answer the question that this topic asks. All I can say is that, since I started listening to Tom Leykis, I can no longer be bothered with what women "like" anymore. It's all about a decent career, health, and knocking women off their pedestal in between, just because.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.