How much worse are Korean females compared to Taiwan?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

How much worse are Korean females compared to Taiwan?

Post by luoldeng9 »

So I've heard that the females in Korea are the most entitled, spoiled, and narcissistic in Asia. But just HOW MUCH better are the women in Japan and Taiwan? And Malaysia and Singapore? Is the difference really that much more noticeable?

I'm a Korean American male but have not meet many Koreans while growing up. I'm thinking about visiting Asia this summer to obtain an English teaching position. The benefits are the best in Korea since I'm qualified for a special visa and can quit anytime instead of being on a year-long contract. But if the women there are hardly any better than in America then there's not much point to going to Korea..

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: How much worse are Korean females compared to Taiwan?

Post by S_Parc »

luoldeng9 wrote:I'm a Korean American male but have not meet many Koreans while growing up. I'm thinking about visiting Asia this summer to obtain an English teaching position. The benefits are the best in Korea since I'm qualified for a special visa and can quit anytime instead of being on a year-long contract. But if the women there are hardly any better than in America then there's not much point to going to Korea..
In all honesty, how bad can it be? I mean the US is a type of high honor society/Mensa for bitches. There's rampant feminism, drama queen/divas, and then, those painfully shy & boring AWs, who're even less interesting to hang out with than watching paint dry.

I'd spent a little bit of time in Korea and my observation is that the work culture sucks, because workaholism is the norm, and it's quite a hierarchical society as a whole. But unlike here, women do attempt to communicate & conduct themselves in a harmonious manner. But no, it's not like Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand, where women are friendly, in general.

And if you're going to Seoul, there are tons of pretty women there, and thus, you won't get the same entitlement issues from the normal, above average women there. The typical Californian/NYC/New England Korean-American femi-nazi snob will never get a boyfriend in Korea, that I can promise you. At best, she'll be consider a '6' or a '7' Yankee bitch in Korea.
ManInSiam
Freshman Poster

Re: How much worse are Korean females compared to Taiwan?

Post by ManInSiam »

delete
Last edited by ManInSiam on May 9th, 2012, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Post by luoldeng9 »

delete
Last edited by luoldeng9 on December 16th, 2012, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

luoldeng9 wrote:
But unlike here, women do attempt to communicate & conduct themselves in a harmonious manner. But no, it's not like Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand, where women are friendly, in general.
I didn't know the women in Singapore were more friendly. I thought they were as bad as Koreans
Ok, perhaps I need to qualify my statement a bit more. In Singapore, although there are 75% or so Chinese, the men in the city-state have options of dating either local Chinese (or Malay) women or Chinese and other nationalities from neighboring countries like let's say Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. What that does is create an interesting effect on a small 88 sq mile area, since that counters the brutal western capitalism of Singapore.

Women in the island country, depending upon class (or dreams of attaining higher class), do need to compete, unlike Asian women in America, who're in demand from puberty till AARP membership time. The Singaporean drama queens, who think they're like some British-American-Asian-supergal, do not get guys hitting on them all the time. Thus, manners and friendliness do count in the dating scene or else, that successful Chinese engineer may be dating a woman in Johor Bahru or Kuala Lumpur.

All and all, the net result is that women are friendly and the place is actually fun, if you're not one of those, stuck working all the time.

Thus, whereas Korea behaves like a world onto itself, being on a Peninsula with a good deal of land, Singapore is the major port, for southeast Asia, and that actually forces people there to engage others, even if there's an undertone of a business deal in the making. In contrast, I didn't see anywhere near that level of friendliness in Korea. Now, perhaps part of it is the long term US base near Itaewon, and the 36K+ troops in the DMZ, and the stories of them, being drunken fools, etc, makes the society a bit more closed and less open to others.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you want to know how women in S. Korea would treat you, get on a plane, fly there, and find out for yourself.

Just because someone else had a hard time, doesn't mean that you would. Or, just because someone else had a good time, doesn't mean that you would enjoy your stay there.

Instead of living someone else's opinions, live for your own life and life experiences.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Post by luoldeng9 »

momopi wrote:If you want to know how women in S. Korea would treat you, get on a plane, fly there, and find out for yourself.

Just because someone else had a hard time, doesn't mean that you would. Or, just because someone else had a good time, doesn't mean that you would enjoy your stay there.

Instead of living someone else's opinions, live for your own life and life experiences.
I know that, but I still have to stay here in the US for another 2 months. There's alot of countries to choose from so I want to make sure I make a good choice, considering that English teaching positions everywhere are year-long commitments except for Korea
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

luoldeng9 wrote:
momopi wrote:If you want to know how women in S. Korea would treat you, get on a plane, fly there, and find out for yourself.

I know that, but I still have to stay here in the US for another 2 months. There's alot of countries to choose from so I want to make sure I make a good choice, considering that English teaching positions everywhere are year-long commitments except for Korea
I'm curious, Malaysia and especially Singapore, are English speaking nations. Is teaching English, even a major option there?

Or are you looking for a reference point, like a center point in Asia, and venturing outside of that? If so, then Singapore is clearly it for southeast Asia.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

You can find well disciplined goose stepping Korean girls in Shenyang China. Tons of them escape to China. The Korean girls I have meet here in California have never been to my liking, But I am sure I could find one I could enjoy if I had enough to choose from. But they just don't seem like my style in general.

The North Korean girls have spent there lives goose stepping and and learning propaganda and little academics hence they have zero work skills. They can sell the cat, good at cleaning and make loyal housewives.
Last edited by tom on February 29th, 2012, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

tom wrote:The Korean girls I have meet here in California have never been to my liking, But I am sure I could find one I could enjoy if I had enough to choose from. But they just don't seem like my style in general.
Well, my impression of Korean-American women from Mass to Maryland is that they're just one step removed from the full blown WASP/private college men-hating Femi-Nazis. The only reason why they're a step removed is that unlike the other Smith/Vassar bitches, they need to put on a little bit of a facade when other Asian relatives or visitors are around. Thus, they have a faux bi-cultural front but the reality of the situation is that they're a bunch of stateside skanks in nice attire.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

tom wrote:

You can find well disciplined goose stepping Korean girls in Shenyang China. Tons of them escape to China. The Korean girls I have meet here in California have never been to my liking, But I am sure I could find one I could enjoy if I had enough to choose from. But they just don't seem like my style in general.

The North Korean girls have spent there lives goose stepping and and learning propaganda and little academics hence they have zero work skills. They can sell the cat, good at cleaning and make loyal housewives.
You know, some South Korean men have been going to the North to find women to marry or going to China to meet North Korean women over there. Some of the S. Korean men think S.Korean women are too feminized/ westernized/ and materialistic. North Korean women are none of the above. In every documentary I have seen, the women are totally demure and fully devoted to their husbands and family. Since it's such a closed society, none of the poisonous Western culture has infiltrated into the country; in fact, many S. Koreans consider N. Koreans to be the "true" example of the Korean people.
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

zboy1 wrote: You know, some South Korean men have been going to the North to find women to marry
Source? I seriously doubt that.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

PaulB wrote:
zboy1 wrote: You know, some South Korean men have been going to the North to find women to marry
Source? I seriously doubt that.
I'll have to retrace my words: it's South Korean men that are wanting to marry North Korean defectors living in China and S. Korea, not South Korean men going to the North to search for wives. My mistake.

Finding love across the Koreas: A matchmaker's tale

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... tml?hpt=C2
Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- There's an old saying among Koreans: South Korean men are known for their looks and North Korean women for their beauty.

Choi Young-Hee took that adage and turned it into a business model. Choi is a matchmaker, bringing hundreds of South Korean bachelors and single North Korean females together.

It's an idea that on the surface appears hopelessly flawed, given the current geopolitical status between the North and South. But Choi had a hunch when she opened her matchmaking agency five years ago that this sort of pairing would work.

She was right.

Nearly 500 marriages later, with only three divorces among them, this self-made Cupid is seemingly a statistical success. Proof, says Choi, that the main barrier to reunification and peace on the Korean peninsula is not the Korean people but politics.

"As I wed each and every couple and the people around them see them living happily together," says Choi, "I think they'll realize they may not like the Kim Jong Il leadership, but they'll know that regular North Koreans are not like that. I think that it's the most important thing in speeding up reunification."
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Go to Korea and find out for yourself.

I'm Korean Americann ..and visited Korea a number of times. COmpared to USA of dating in Korea was like 10 times easier. Saying that I never been to Taiwan so I can't compare to that country. I think in Asia for Asian American man in general the dating scene is better because Asian man are looked upon as a sexual being. Where as in the western nations Asian men are stereotyped as asexual or nerdy.

Korean girls are changing though and becoming more modern. They can be very polite but also flaky. The best way to meet a Korean girl is through social network..if you don't have that and your still fairly young hit the clubs. Again to me dating was easier in Korea than in America...