I was just Censored at HappierAbroad, Bizarre.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

FreeYourMind wrote:Glad to see billy and some of the others gone. This forum has as much free speech as just about any. It's needed tighter moderation because of all the trolls and goofballs and I'm glad to see it.
lol at this fascist.

None of them were trolls, and when you cull a forum and leave a member base of conformists, it gets boring and uninspired. Stop being an elitist and thinking you're greater than others and labeling people or their views you don't like "trolls", then bonding with other like-minded individuals and thinking you've reached consensus.

You guys are like the accusers at the Salem witch trials, or the McCarthy trials going after supposed Communists. You folks are like the kids in Lord of the Flies.

Debate, arguments, discussion, needs opposing views and lively characters. If you cannot simply handle a few characters and their views, you take the internet very seriously and do not have your life together. You are not happy and content in life, and you fail to realize that it is this that breeds your intolerance and low threshold.

Contentment and an inner peace brings tolerance, and that's why it's annoying seeing internet fascists, self appointed judges and juries, act on their inner fragmented thoughts.

You should sit back in your chair and smile, take a walk. I would NEVER ban someone, even if they were my complete opposite and I would allow them to say ANYTHING they wanted - in fact, I mod at a forum where I think all of you would have a heart attack -- members can say anything they like, mods and admins can be insulted with no punishment, members argue and say what they think.

I'm probably arguing into the wind here ... you can't change the state of mind of these fascist, low-tolerance types of people.

But I know this - they are not happy, and they ARE mini-fascists using power online they don't have in the real world. What is the greater man ? The man that has power and chooses to rarely use it, only when need be and in extreme circumstances - spammers etc

If you are not a happy person, you will have low tolerance .
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Is anyone listening to what an egotistical agent provocateur has to say about his supreme morality? I thought not. Just ignore him and he can ramble on about being Allah's gift to white women somewhere else.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

So Arab, what is the forum you moderate where "anything goes"?
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

odbo wrote:Is anyone listening to what an egotistical agent provocateur has to say about his supreme morality? I thought not. Just ignore him and he can ramble on about being Allah's gift to white women somewhere else.
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of words, words will always retain their power.

Words offer MEANING, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of TRUTH.

Ponder that padawan-son.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The Arab wrote: But I know this - they are not happy, and they ARE mini-fascists using power online they don't have in the real world. What is the greater man ? The man that has power and chooses to rarely use it, only when need be and in extreme circumstances - spammers etc

If you are not a happy person, you will have low tolerance .
I guess by your definition, then, I must be a "greater man"? haha :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I talked to Rock and others last night, and slept on it. After some consideration, I realize that you guys were right. Repatriate did go a bit too far and went trigger happy with the banning, without much consideration for other people's feelings. And as a result, some innocent people suffered. I also don't think the problem was as bad as he claimed either. So I took him off mod status for now.

I'm not sure that a forceful, quick to judge type of mod is a good thing. Perhaps it's better to have one that's more empathetic, like me, because empathetic types will care more about other people's feelings and consider them before making decisions. While Repatriate is definitely a very clever, practical and insightful person, he is also very quick to judge and take action without considering other people's feelings first. I feel that such a person is probably not good for running a forum that is dedicated to open mindedness, free speech and truth.

Let's hope that he wasn't right that some of the guys he banned here were trolls who wanted to bring this forum down. I doubt that will happen though, at least not with the same people.

I usually have good judgment with people. And as long as they apologize, I'll give them a second chance, which everyone deserves. Those who apologize are honorable and show that they are reasonable at least. It's the lost causes that we have to get rid of.

On a final note, it's funny how many people blamed me for Repatriate's actions. I guess this goes to show that I do have a "victim vibe" after all, since my face must look like a target for people to blame, using any excuse they can - even if it's not directly my fault. This example just further reinforces the evidence for this mysterious recurring phenomenon. lol

Anyway, let's try to maintain healthy discussions and debates ok? If any more flame wars start, and you don't like it, then just ignore those threads (or posts if they are in your thread). Simple as that. I realize that these kind of things are very subjective in that everyone interprets an "attack or disruption" differently. But I'll do the best I can. In the meanwhile, try to control yourselves, and focus on the ISSUES, rather than on attacking or bringing down each other over differing viewpoints.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I support making odbo a moderator.

Also, ban anyone that joined before 2010.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.