Winston should start doing seminars on Global Dating

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston should start doing seminars on Global Dating

Post by jamesbond »

Here is what can happen some day if Winston had seminars regarding global dating. He could charge something like $ 50 to $ 150 a person and give seminars on why your dating life will be much better if you go abroad.

Heck, these PUA seminars cost up to $ 2,000 a person for a weekend. Winston could charge $ 50 to $ 150 a person for a one day seminar, or two day seminar if he wanted to. Think of the possiblities, there would be a LOT of single men who go to a seminar like that. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

But I think it needs to be comprehensive in that, it has to cover economics and building healthy habits as well as finding women.

Charging a nominal fee is one way, but in the current economic system, we should be looking at new ways to fund such an operation.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well billy, it depends on how you want to define success. lol If I did seminars, I'd probably have to lie, cover up all my faults and insecurities, and pretend that I have no problems in dating, etc. That's the way it works. Otherwise, people won't come to your seminar.

I'm not sure I have much charisma for public speaking or stage. But I could present a lot of great info and insight. I would need to prepare a lot of powerpoint presentations, using a lot of the funny images posted in this forum.

But come on guys. This whole topic is too politically incorrect. You can't be talking about the benefits of foreign women to an American public. You might be able to get away with it in a small roundtable discussion, but a seminar? Get real.

You can't talk about race in dating either. Come on now. Race is a taboo subject. Do you live in the real world billy?

Also, how can I charge $800 and preach about frugality? Wouldn't that be hypocritical? lol. Billy, you are full of basic logic errors. lol You are more like a comedian than a serious person.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

I think it's a plan. He could have Rock and Repatriate as experts in their regions. Even if Winston's not the best exemplar for global dating at least he'd be offering information of real value unlike the PUA scammers. The whole site would need a revamp and a more professional look though.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

AFA gives free seminars because they make it up on the back end by men going on their tours.

Mark host a live podcast every week, he will talk to you one-on-one because he doesn't want people looking for short term fund going on his tours.

This is something about AFA they will likely have to clean up sooner than later. They are starting to develop a reputation for allowing unsavory men to attend their socials/tours.

They say this is "Okay" because the elements on both sides seem to find each other, while the most serious among the groups continue to have a good experience.

But Money must be talked about...

There are plenty of examples of men spending not much more than the cost of one round-trip plane ticket ($500-$700 Winter) and about $30 for a online dating site like Lucky Lovers to find their wife, still married too them not trainwrecks that everybody want to talk about it seems.

So you don't have to spend $3500-$4000 to go to Eastern Europe and then another $2-3K to get her here. No wonder some quotes of $10K get banded about... Let's face it, that's just out of the reach of most men no matter how some regard it as protection against an expensive divorce to typical AW.

You also need to be prepared to take criticism from those that want to take you down for your views as being Un-American or something (nonsense).

I think doing podcast like Winston used to do is something that should be started up again.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what DarrenFW suggested to me. Isn't this a great idea? "Global Dating Summit" sounds great! I'll run his idea by Mark Davis and Steve Neese.
Winston,
Hey Buddy. How are ya? Just to let you know, I agree with the post about this...I think the poster was Billy. Well Winston, I got a great idea for you, my friend. You can make some $$ here and at least get more people to the HA website.
Here's what I came up with....

A global simul-cast from Global Dating Experts like Yourself, Mark Davis, AFA, Global Dating Revolution, Steve Neese, and others. Different times of the day but all broadcast using Yahoo Messanger.
Questions taken from the audiance. The Gurus answer them. Maybe some case studies (aka testimonials). Maybe a live audience in some locations? Perhaps some kind of cool giveaways like ebooks.
You could call it the Global Dating Summit and have a website just for it...and then it links back to all you guys websites.
Its also a great way to network with the other Global Dating Gurus.

There ya go. Don't forget me when you're famous!

-Darren
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

I think this is a GREAT idea! Here's my take on how this could work:

Let's say the format is a full-day online Webinar on a Saturday. Let's say we line up our panelists to cover their different aspects of experience and expertise. Each one has 40 minutes to deliver their content, 15 minutes for Q&A, and 5 minutes between speakers. There would be a built in lunch break at the half-way point - but lines would be open for discussion.

From the technical side, I use GoToWebinar.com's system and I'd be happy to offer my account to host the event. Each speaker can create a PowerPoint and share their screen when it's their turn to present. There would need to be a moderator to open lines when hands are raised and communicate questions that are typed in to the speaker.

The time zone should be 9:00am to 5:00pm in whatever part of the world the most men sign up from and the rest of us will adjust.

Each speaker would provide downloadable handouts for the topic and provide something of value to the participant.

We could create a survey to narrow in on the biggest topics of interest. I did this about four months ago to the guys on my list and got some amazing feedback. Here's the Webinar replay detailing the results from the survey: http://europeandreamconnections.com/sur ... ts-are-in/

Here are some possible topics that men might want to hear addressed:
  • Why is dating so difficult in my country?
    What's so different about girls from other counties?
    Why would we be preferred over their countrymen - or are we?
    Describe the different types of scams, how they work, and how to avoid them
    How do you go about 'dating' someone while your overseas?
    What are the travel concerns and logistics?
    What if I'm not looking for marriage?
    What if I am looking for marriage?
    What is a 'visa' and will I need one?
    How do I win a foreign woman's heart?
    What about the language barrier?
    What about the age differences?
    What are they looking for?
    What is involved in relocating my life to a new country?
    How do I support myself abroad?
    How do I set reasonable goals and expectations for my journey?
    What resources are available to help me be successful?
I would think you'd want a low cost of entry, say, $25 - $75. We want to be of service to the men and I'm open to making the proceeds a benefit to HA/Winston.

I don't think it would take much to set up. I realize that there will be disagreements in content - even among friends. I'm pro-marriage and Winston is not, but we have way more in common than we do in disagreement, and we really like each other as friends and have supported each other for several years. I'd say the same for Steve Hoca. Each speaker would simply offer what they do best and the participants can take away what they want.

I'm all in favor of open dialog and creating support for those of us who dare to think outside of our borders. We're a unique tribe and we deserve our own events.

I say let's do it. Let's host the first Global Dating Symposium and see how it goes.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:I'm all in favor of open dialog and creating support for those of us who dare to think outside of our borders. We're a unique tribe and we deserve our own events.

I say let's do it. Let's host the first Global Dating Symposium and see how it goes.
Sounds good to me! I am telling you, if this is done right, Winston could be making a lot more money than these "PUA" guys do. The only difference is, his method will work a million times better! :D

ImageImage
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ImageImage

DarrenFW
Freshman Poster

Post by DarrenFW »

Awesome. I can't wait to see it. Sounds like GoToWebinar has all the stuff you would need to do it.
The internet and technology has made this sort of thing possible. Who would have imagined a symposium online?

If you keep the cost low for attendees, then it will be great.
Check out my Blog and Website!
http://www.goglobaldating.com

Features FREE ebook, forum and good articles.
http://goglobaldating.com/forum/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
LOL Dude, you need to learn how to crop photos first. Doesn't that site you're using, PhotoFunia, have some tool that allows you to crop and center the photo first, before using it? lol It should. Otherwise, that photo you keep using is going to be overly large and not centered. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:I think this is a GREAT idea! Here's my take on how this could work:

Let's say the format is a full-day online Webinar on a Saturday. Let's say we line up our panelists to cover their different aspects of experience and expertise. Each one has 40 minutes to deliver their content, 15 minutes for Q&A, and 5 minutes between speakers. There would be a built in lunch break at the half-way point - but lines would be open for discussion.

From the technical side, I use GoToWebinar.com's system and I'd be happy to offer my account to host the event. Each speaker can create a PowerPoint and share their screen when it's their turn to present. There would need to be a moderator to open lines when hands are raised and communicate questions that are typed in to the speaker.

The time zone should be 9:00am to 5:00pm in whatever part of the world the most men sign up from and the rest of us will adjust.

Each speaker would provide downloadable handouts for the topic and provide something of value to the participant.

We could create a survey to narrow in on the biggest topics of interest. I did this about four months ago to the guys on my list and got some amazing feedback. Here's the Webinar replay detailing the results from the survey: http://europeandreamconnections.com/sur ... ts-are-in/

Here are some possible topics that men might want to hear addressed:
  • Why is dating so difficult in my country?
    What's so different about girls from other counties?
    Why would we be preferred over their countrymen - or are we?
    Describe the different types of scams, how they work, and how to avoid them
    How do you go about 'dating' someone while your overseas?
    What are the travel concerns and logistics?
    What if I'm not looking for marriage?
    What if I am looking for marriage?
    What is a 'visa' and will I need one?
    How do I win a foreign woman's heart?
    What about the language barrier?
    What about the age differences?
    What are they looking for?
    What is involved in relocating my life to a new country?
    How do I support myself abroad?
    How do I set reasonable goals and expectations for my journey?
    What resources are available to help me be successful?
I would think you'd want a low cost of entry, say, $25 - $75. We want to be of service to the men and I'm open to making the proceeds a benefit to HA/Winston.

I don't think it would take much to set up. I realize that there will be disagreements in content - even among friends. I'm pro-marriage and Winston is not, but we have way more in common than we do in disagreement, and we really like each other as friends and have supported each other for several years. I'd say the same for Steve Hoca. Each speaker would simply offer what they do best and the participants can take away what they want.

I'm all in favor of open dialog and creating support for those of us who dare to think outside of our borders. We're a unique tribe and we deserve our own events.

That's an awesome idea Mark. How many guys usually attend such webinars? How many attended the last one? It would take me a while to set up a powerpoint presentation though, but I'd have to make sure it's worth it first, because that takes a lot of time and effort. This is a great concept though. I should ask my mailing list and see how many are interested.

Btw, though I have my doubts about marriage, and I've expressed them, I never tell anyone not to get married, cause everyone is different and some people (such as yourself) are happier being married. If I met my soulmate, I might consider getting married as well. Who knows. So I would never tell anyone in any public seminar/webinar not to get married. I would, like you, just present the options and benefits of International Dating. So there wouldn't be any disagreement between us. We just present options, and let the guys choose what's best for them. Simple formula eh? :)

MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Winston wrote:But come on guys. This whole topic is too politically incorrect. You can't be talking about the benefits of foreign women to an American public. You might be able to get away with it in a small roundtable discussion, but a seminar? Get real.
If WWu were to do such a seminar, someone would leak it to the local TV station, and then some feminist reporter would do an exposé on it, doing everything she could do shame these men with alliterations of them as being "losers", etc. She'd then go to a swank nightclub and interview women there about it, who would reinforce calling these guys losers, and saying something like, "well, I guess if women here won't date them, it's better than nothing", like these women would be in some higher class.
TO guy
Freshman Poster

Post by TO guy »

Winston wrote:
That's an awesome idea Mark. How many guys usually attend such webinars? How many attended the last one? It would take me a while to set up a powerpoint presentation though, but I'd have to make sure it's worth it first, because that takes a lot of time and effort. This is a great concept though. I should ask my mailing list and see how many are interested.
:)
I also think it is a great idea. Webinars usually start small. The first one maybe 5 to 10. But once you create the material, you can keep modifying it and keep using it. Good webinars have 20 -30 people sign up on average. Truly excellent ones have 50-100 people. It all depends on the topic. People are not interested if it is a sales pitch. People will be interested if it helps answers the questions they need to know.

Mark's suggested agenda is pretty good. Leave enough time for Questions and Answers.

There is so much information on this website, a webinar will help simplify it.

On another topic, maybe you should consider revamping this website to make it easier to navigate. The message is excellent. It needs to get out to more guys.
TO guy
Freshman Poster

Post by TO guy »

MatureDJ wrote: If WWu were to do such a seminar, someone would leak it to the local TV station, and then some feminist reporter would do an exposé on it, doing everything she could do shame these men with alliterations of them as being "losers", etc. She'd then go to a swank nightclub and interview women there about it, who would reinforce calling these guys losers, and saying something like, "well, I guess if women here won't date them, it's better than nothing", like these women would be in some higher class.
Possibly, but I don't think so. If that was going to happen, a feminist reporter would be doing it now with this website. And that's not happening.

Also, no need to focus on the negative. We don't need to spend a lot of time telling people why dating sucks in the Anglo / USA-Canada world. The guys tuning in already know that. The positive message is how to meet great women abroad.

Final point: if guys are putting the effort in to do this, I don't consider them losers at all. It's the characteristic of a winner: determined and working to achieve their goals.