Hong Kong named world's top financial hub

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Hong Kong named world's top financial hub

Post by Jackal »

It doesn't take a genius to see that much of the power that the US once had is now shifting to China...

A long time ago, I once heard someone say that New York City was "the capital of the world." Perhaps soon people might say the same about Hong Kong!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-paci ... 90525.html
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, its true Jackal. All the capital and investments are moving towards Asia. Jim Rogers has been saying this for years now. When I traveled to Asia in 2009 for vacation, I was shocked to see how modern parts of Asia were becoming. The last time I visited the region was in 1989, and it was a totally different back then. I noticed how modern the airports, trains, and infrastructure was compared to the United States.

When I came back to the States, I felt like I was back in a Third-World country going into the dilapidated JFK airport, pothole filled roads and crumbling bridges, and people dressed as complete slobs compared to well-dressed Asians! Most of the people in NYC come from Third World countries and it shows!
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

Ya but so what.. China is probably the most f***ed up government in the world... just watched a video of people being put to death there.. you can be put to death in China for simple government "corruption" China executes 4000 people every year and the U.S. executes 46. They are completely mad.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lookin4happiness wrote:Ya but so what.. China is probably the most f***ed up government in the world... just watched a video of people being put to death there.. you can be put to death in China for simple government "corruption" China executes 4000 people every year and the U.S. executes 46. They are completely mad.
China does not equal the rest of Asia. People forget how diverse the Asian region really is. From Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, India, S. Korea, Japan, Indonesia, etc. I would even include Australia and New Zealand as part of the Asian region since most Aussies and Kiwis see their countries as part of Asia. You can't deny that the engine of the global economy is in the Asian region.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

yes actually Russia is considered part of asia too so asia i very big
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

lookin4happiness wrote:Ya but so what.. China is probably the most f***ed up government in the world... just watched a video of people being put to death there.. you can be put to death in China for simple government "corruption" China executes 4000 people every year and the U.S. executes 46. They are completely mad.
I agree. The Chinese government does many unethical things, but so does the US government. The governments of most superpowers are a bit crazy, I think. This is why I prefer to live in smaller countries where the problems aren't on such epic scales of magnitude.