Ranking The United States Standard of Living

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Ranking The United States Standard of Living

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

Have all of you heard that the United States Standard of Living is now 12th in the world? We are not even in the top ten anymore! I remember the outrage when we dropped to number 6, and then number 8, and now number 12.

What next? How can we be considered G-8 with such a low standard of living?

I don't have the article handy where I read this, but if I come across it, I will post (if someone else finds it first, please post).

Iceland is now the highest standard of living (was Norway previously).

I think it's very unfortunate that Americans aren't more outraged by this, and it seems like the best of our best, our highest intellectual circles, now want to just leave! It's like the Avant-Garde in Germany ... What will happen next? All the smartest people will leave, and then some crazy Starbucks cult will start gassing hillbillies at Wal*Mart, because the Wal*Mart shoppers are lower than the Starbucks people?

Scary stuff ...

This is so far beyond rejection from white girls that say "um, like."
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein

Post by Guest »

Well, the G8 is just about magnitude of economy, but I would guess that this has a lot to do with the huge influx of extremely poor immigrants. Which I'm sure will correct itself in the long run, as it eventually did a hundred years ago. Do you know how they determined the rankings?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Most Americans probably don't even know what our rank is in standard of living! And could care less.

12th place is still a good number though, out of 200.