I'm done with Filipinas

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: I'm done with Filipinas

Post by Zambales »

Bao3niang wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Disagree with Horanhgee, I believe it is crucial for most young men in their twenties to find the right woman and settle down, especially in this day and age where good women are becoming ever more precious due to feminism, hypergamy and other things.
Guys at that age should be concentrating on building a solid career and putting money in the bank, keeping women at arms length and learning about them in the process, but still finding enough time to have fun. Those years are precious and IMO too valuable to waste on relationships where there's no guarantee of happiness. A woman can stagnate your growth and make your life a living hell whereas a solid career won't do that. It's a no brainer really.

Obviously you could still settle down once you reach thirty. At least by then you'll be wiser and the chances of making the right choice concerning a woman will increase.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I'm not a careerist, nor do I aspire to be one. It's a pointless waste of life unless you are exceptionally talented, which most are not. Why not live a simpler life? I feel bad for anyone, man or woman, who wants a career for the sake of sit and dedicates much of their life to it. Careerism is like Stage IV cancer, and I'm firmly against it for both men and women. Do whatever makes you guys happy, but I'm never going to have career. I''m going to go ahead and find my happiness, and I know I will. Anyone who advises me to pursue a career above something else, I won't take seriously. Sorry. And by the way I didn't go to college in the US. I grew up in Canada (Richmond BC), returned to China for middle school and high school, saw the light, now back in Camada for college, hating it but almost done. The whole formal education system is deeply flawed, but I'll leave that discussion for another day. Unless you're a man that is exceptionally talented and successful at doing something good for yourself and for others, there's no reason to put off finding the right woman and settling down. People may change, but allowing yourself to be consumes by changes, to be like the wind, is a sign of weakness. Keep true to yourself, there must always be something you defend at all costs.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Bao3niang wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:47 pm
I'm not a careerist, nor do I aspire to be one. It's a pointless waste of life unless you are exceptionally talented, which most are not. Why not live a simpler life? I feel bad for anyone, man or woman, who wants a career for the sake of sit and dedicates much of their life to it. Careerism is like Stage IV cancer, and I'm firmly against it for both men and women. Do whatever makes you guys happy, but I'm never going to have career. I''m going to go ahead and find my happiness, and I know I will. Anyone who advises me to pursue a career above something else, I won't take seriously. Sorry. And by the way I didn't go to college in the US. I grew up in Canada (Richmond BC), returned to China for middle school and high school, saw the light, now back in Camada for college, hating it but almost done. The whole formal education system is deeply flawed, but I'll leave that discussion for another day. Unless you're a man that is exceptionally talented and successful at doing something good for yourself and for others, there's no reason to put off finding the right woman and settling down. People may change, but allowing yourself to be consumes by changes, to be like the wind, is a sign of weakness. Keep true to yourself, there must always be something you defend at all costs.
I'll put it another way. Find a way to make enough money to live comfortably - and to do this you don't need to be exceptionally talented.

I actually thought the same as you do now but I was a carefree teenager back then living for the moment and not giving two shits about the future. By 19 I got involved with a woman. By 31 I was pretty much destitute. I pulled myself out of the mire a couple of years later but I wholeheartedly regret the way I used to act and think.

The capitalist world we live in is unforgiving so you can't let the grass grow as the slave ship is always sailing close by looking to kidnap unsuspecting souls.

I value my freedom over money but unfortunately in this day and age you need the latter to get the former.