Sports Suck!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Sports Suck!

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Hay guys I found this website and I though I share it because it's interesting.: http://www.sportssuck.org

Random comments from the guestbook area:

"First off, let me say, thank you very much for putting this website up. I haven't had a good solid laugh with a group of individuals that share a common thread in quite a long time. I was beginning to think that something was wrong with me mentally. I'm about to turn 28 years old. I have my black belt in Taekwondo, and have just started my strive for getting my black belt in Shotokan Karate. I have been physically fit for quite a long portion of my life. But I indeed hate televised sports. I hate football/baseball/hockey/golf, and anything else regurgitated on the TV. Hell I don't even watch TV that much anymore because of my rigid workout schedule along with martial arts classes.

I don't understand how a group of beer bellied fatties can sit infront of a TV, and eat thousands of calories of junk food and trans fats, and then muster up the nerve to call us sports haters "jealous" because we weren't good athletes. I just smile back and quote the following "yeah, when was the last time you were in the shower and looked straight down and were actually able to see your penis?" This normally will get a rise out of any half drunken genetic degenerate, which is okay by me, because as much as they spout off diarhea of the mouth about what they think is a logical assertion, when the rubber hits the road, I can out run them, out lift them, and if I actually had to, beat the living shit out of them.

I don't understand why they scream at the TV, frothing at the mouth, when some dumbass with an IQ of a tomato plant couldn't run the oddly shaped ball 10 yards. They (sports watchers) don't even realize that the players on that field don't give 2 shits about the fans, they don't care if they show up to the stands, or watch at home, they make millions and millions of dollars every year. They whore themselves out to whatever team will pay them the most money, just to be involved in simulated car accidents for 2-3 hours per game. I seriously don't understand it, but I can try and draw some correlations, or at least some theory threads as to why all sports fans are stupid and degenerates.

#1 - We as a human species should be combining our efforts and our brains to explore space as a human race, and start to colonize space. We CANNOT do that if we are all working dead end jobs from 9-5 that put us in the grave. There is no more retirement money, our economy is failing. Well I say let it fail, let's start a new currency that rewards individual creative thought on the merit of technology and advancing the human race. NOT how much money you can shove in your pockets so you can sit at home with a giant pile of nachos in your lap and a 64 oz beer mug filled with the most disgusting of substances (i can't stand beer, i'll do some shots of whiskey or have a glass of wine every once in a while, but beer smells like shit, tastes like shit, and is terribly unhealthy for you (anyone)).

I've been an engineer for several software companies and a few big wig companies (wells), and I can tell you that dumbasses are everywhere, there isn't a conference call that I get on with 20+ people where the topic of last nights (insert idiotic sport here)game doens't come up, or is at least mentioned. And then to top it off, a majority of these clowns talk like if they were actually running the team, they could do it better. Again, just mention the penis reference and that usually shuts them up.

#2 - IQ's are lower than whale shit -- Seriously, I believe that 99.5% of the world's population have IQ's that even a dolphin could beat. I am a firm believer that professional sports, paired with commercial TV, stupid sports speculation TV shows (ESPN late night), as well as dancing with teh starts, and american idol, were designed to actually dumb people down. yeah yeah yeah, sounds like a conspiracy theory, but is it really just a theory when we are all harassed everyday at work by having to listen to idiots drone on about some dumbass college basketball team. Dude, who gives a shit, those are KIDS out there, they barely even have chest and armpit hair, why do you care so much about something that doesn't even have a positive outlook on your own little "life."? Pick up a damned book, read and epic novel, do research on the internet about ancient history, go outside and run for a few miles, enjoy some music, pick up a guitar and learn a few songs and get good at it, learn a martial art, do something besides sit on your fat ass all day long, watching your IQ level plummit like the DOW and froth at the mouth and pretend that you are athletic because you "watch" your favorite team play some idiotic game of who can touch the ball the most. I'm no homophobe, but the above sentence certainly sounds homosexual to me.

When you combine the above information, the picture starts to become clear for those of us who know better than to subject our minds to something that will literally make it stop working correctly. It's a giant sham to get us to stop paying attention to what is really going on in this world. Stop paying attention to important politics that actually has an effect on our children's lives. Just like a magician, "oh look at my right hand, while i steal your wallet with my left hand!"

My rant is over... But seriously, thank you for this website! -- KarateMan"

"After recovering from open heart surgery....I now have a new lease on life, and that is I do not want to waste it on anything. There is nothing more wasteful than sitting on your ass all afternoon and watching football..."

"I finally found some community that agrees with me,the most terrible thing in this society is that so called professional sportsmen are being glorified as heroes.Keep up the good work."

"It's not so much the sports themselves, though I !"£$ing hate rugby, but the way the media psyches a midweek football game into some kind of global event and the morons who regard it as some kind of life or death event and talk non stop about the big game to the detriment of more interesting things.
I'm sure all the money top sportsmen earned and wasted on junk like their fifth SUV could be better used going to a charity and all these armchair sports fans would be better employed getting off their fat backsides and doing some real exercise. Hell, I went for a really long walk in 90 degree heat on Tuesday and I felt better for it."

"Great site! I only wish I could shove it in the face of every sports fan I've ever known! Like you, I detest sports fans and here's why: they are all followers. There's nothing wrong with being a follower --often it's necessary and being a good follower is just as important as being a good leader. But.. the typical sports fan is weak. He must draw his strength from the crowd. They find comfort in the fact that they can say anything they like and go unchallenged. Because to challenge them would be to challenge ALL sports fans. It feels pretty safe to them. It's like the freedom a religious zealot feels as he condemns whoever disagrees with him --he's safe because who would dare challenge the church?! But thankfully, those days are drawing to a close. "
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Nice post NA guy!

Here in Minnesota, the billionare football team owner, with the (nod-nod-wink-wink) help of the elected officials are trying to run a end-around of our state constitution by levying a sales tax increase to help fund a BILLION dollar stadium. The owner will kick in some of the money BUT he, of course, will reap all the financial benefits.

Our state constitution requires a voter referendum to increase our sales tax. They already did it once before to fund a new park for our baseball team. They will do it again!

There is nothing really wrong with the current stadium EXCEPT it doesn't have enough revenue generating streams as in luxury boxes and such.

I once read that due to the massive amounts of TV money that football owners receive, they don't have to sell ONE ticket in order to make a profit. Nice huh?

Three words I would like to close with!

BREAD AND CIRCUSES!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Truthville wrote:Nice post NA guy!

Here in Minnesota, the billionare football team owner, with the (nod-nod-wink-wink) help of the elected officials are trying to run a end-around of our state constitution by levying a sales tax increase to help fund a BILLION dollar stadium.
The owner will kick in some of the money BUT he, of course, will reap all the financial benefits.

Our state constitution requires a voter referendum to increase our sales tax. They already did it once before to fund a new park for our baseball team. They will do it again!

There is nothing really wrong with the current stadium EXCEPT it doesn't have enough revenue generating streams as in luxury boxes and such.

I once read that due to the massive amounts of TV money that football owners receive, they don't have to sell ONE ticket in order to make a profit. Nice huh?

Three words I would like to close with!

BREAD AND CIRCUSES!
Dude, check out this post, it's similar to what you just said:

"The thing I hate most about sports is the way sports fans expect the rest of us to pay for their choice of entertainment through confiscatory taxation. No I do NOT want to build the Rays another baseball stadium...we just spent billions on the nearly new one you have. No I do not want to build the Buccaneers a new football palace. This will be the third one we built to your specifications and we still have not paid off the municipal bonds from the FIRST stadium. No I do not feel a sense of civic pride that a bunch of neanderthals gather weekly to bust heads while their "fans" clog traffic lanes. Seriously, if you are going to buy facilities for ONE entertainement business with tax dollars why not buy facilities for ALL of them (equal application of the law). I am willing to bet that Joe Redner's Mons Venus nudie bar would welcome a multibillion dollar venue be built for his "sport franchise".

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

More random guest comments:

"It is pleasing to see a web site like this. I think what separates me from most others here (seemingly) is that I am very lean, muscular and athletic, however I have no use for team sports or the insipid "culture" surrounding it. I am athletic because I do a lot of jogging, I use a road bicycle for transportation, and I do a lot of independent strength training - primarily for health and functional reasons. I'm in a strange position, because my physique makes people REALLY think that I'm into their whole sports fanaticism. However, my impression of team sports has always been that they are a breeding ground for people with baseless vanity (And I've had a few run-ins with many of these tards where I outran them or deflated their egos with my own strength, heheh - so much for much of their superior athletic ability). They think they are special because they can toss balls around certain ways or some other mundane skill that is ridiculously easy - sports "strategy" (football) is a pitiful joke in how absurdly easy it is. Never mind that I find team sports to be horifically BORING, even if the people who played them were of better character. There are many healthier ways to be athletic, and team sports sure as hell isn't one of them in my worldview."

"As of right now, I am skipping my wrestling practice for the fifth time this month. The reason I began playing sports in the first place was to better my resume' for college. What I discovered was that all the steriotypical hazing, bullying, pointless excitement, and useless skills of high school sports are completely true. I am sick of watching how big the underclassmen get on steroids (yes, un derclassmen) and i dont believe in starving myself so that i can wake up at five AM to drive four hours to wrestle five times while risking serious injury all for the name of my school. The way pro sports fans stand by their logo and scream and torch cars for a picture reminds me of something called facism."

"I'm a red blooded american male, and I HATE sports, sports of all kinds. It's terrible how these dullards in the pro sports are held up as HEROES!!, hero is thrown around all to easily when it is applied to a low IQ hulk who has trouble putting two words together and is too busy shoving coke up his nose to sign autographs for his adoring little fans! This site is great! "

"NEW RULE: If you need to shave and you still collect baseball cards, you're a dope. If you're a kid, the cards are keepsakes of your childhood idols. If you're a grown man, they're pictures of other men."

"Ever wonder why there's an education crisis in this country? People love to say it's because of class size or that the teachers aren't making enough money or that illegal aliens who can't speak english are slowing things down. But the real reason is that mandatory and extracurricular sports absorb funds and attention that would be better spent in the classroom! Yep, sports are making our nation dumber. Most other countries do not share our unnatural obsession with competitive sports and use their tax funds to better educate their citizens and prepare for the future. This is why all the tech jobs are going to Asia. Because too much time is wasted on sports in school! Wake up, America!! "
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

What's this constant posting of counter-culture stuff all the time???? So you search up and down the internet to find people you agree with?

I have been a long time Oakland Raiders Fan, since the first game I went too as a child in 1976, the year they won their first Super Bowl.

I've always been interested in sports, but I wanted to drive race cars.

As for Baseball/Basketball/Football Cards, they are largely an investment. I have known people that have profited massively off sports memorabilia.

You don't have to like sports and yes America (actually much of the world) is sports crazy. He's its about the NFL, College Football, Baseball and Basketball.

In the rest of the world, many young boys dream about playing Premier Cup Soccer (Football), this is harmless.

Are Teachers more important in society? Yes, but its not my job to convince people of this and force school districts to pay them more to draw in more talented people.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I enjoy the occasional home town team on TV when I get the chance, but I have noticed that married men tend to soothe their misery by immersing themselves in college football all day Saturday and pro football all day Sunday.

Sports for these addicts is relief from nagging wives and husband responsibilities.

Overindulging in sports fanaticism is indicative of a larger problem in a man's life. Knowing what I know, who can blame them?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I enjoy the occasional home town team on TV when I get the chance, but I have noticed that married men tend to soothe their misery by immersing themselves in college football all day Saturday and pro football all day Sunday.

Sports for these addicts is relief from nagging wives and husband responsibilities.

Overindulging in sports fanaticism is indicative of a larger problem in a man's life. Knowing what I know, who can blame them?
Trouble is, that now women have invaded the men's last refuge: the sports arena. Now the women are there, changing the dynamic, feminizing it, making it more "family-friendly", etc. At least in America, men have unwittingly handed their feminist controllers another coup.

This escaping from the wife idea is another reason why men in America work so many long hours at the office. I've had good conversations with some who flat out told me that they dread having to go home and see the battle axe, so they "hide" at work, as long as they can.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. Where does all the money to pay the sports stars salaries come from? Surely it can't be from ticket sales at stadiums. That's not anywhere near enough.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston wrote:I don't get something. Where does all the money to pay the sports stars salaries come from? Surely it can't be from ticket sales at stadiums. That's not anywhere near enough.
Most of the profit comes from the matches being shown on television, but that is still not enough to pay the ridiculous salaries of the players and leave any kind of worthwhile profit. The owners of the major sports teams around the world do not invest in them to make a profit. They see it as a fun investment, kind of like a hobby. They also do it to compete against the other super-Billionaire team owners in order to feel superior to them. That, rather than having their money sitting in the banks losing value due to inflation.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I'm a sports fan in general, but moderation is key. You have to realize that sports is meant to dumb the population and make them servile. Yes, watching and playing sports if fun, but it shouldn't take up you're whole life like it does for some losers out there. Most athletes are idiots and generally have an IQ of a child. They are not ROLE MODELS for anyone to follow, with the exception of a very few athletes I can think of (Arthur Ashe, Jackie Robinson, Babe Didrikson, Jim Thorpe, maybe Derek Jeter...). Sports should not be taken seriously as anything besides entertainment and that's all.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is Noam Chomsky's take on the role of professional sports in dumbing us down and making us passive.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lavezzi wrote:
Winston wrote:I don't get something. Where does all the money to pay the sports stars salaries come from? Surely it can't be from ticket sales at stadiums. That's not anywhere near enough.
Most of the profit comes from the matches being shown on television, but that is still not enough to pay the ridiculous salaries of the players and leave any kind of worthwhile profit. The owners of the major sports teams around the world do not invest in them to make a profit. They see it as a fun investment, kind of like a hobby. They also do it to compete against the other super-Billionaire team owners in order to feel superior to them. That, rather than having their money sitting in the banks losing value due to inflation.
But what about all the sports that are only shown on ESPN and not on national network TV? Many of them only have a few fringe fans that follow them, not the mainstream population. Not many people watch professional golf or tennis, for example.

What about NASCAR racing? Where does the money to pay for all that come from?

What about professional boxing? That's not usually on network TV. Where do the boxers' salaries come from?

Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Winston wrote:
lavezzi wrote:
But what about all the sports that are only shown on ESPN and not on national network TV? Many of them only have a few fringe fans that follow them, not the mainstream population. Not many people watch professional golf or tennis, for example.

What about professional boxing? That's not usually on network TV. Where do the boxers' salaries come from?
I'm guessing that sports betting is a MAJOR source of income for things like boxing. Sports betting is huge business in Vegas, for example.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston wrote:But what about all the sports that are only shown on ESPN and not on national network TV? Many of them only have a few fringe fans that follow them, not the mainstream population. Not many people watch professional golf or tennis, for example.

People watch these sports all over the world. Television companies are charged to show each particular sport in relation to how how popular it is in a country. For example, over here American football and baseball are shown on the free sports channel late at night just to fill in time. But in America I assume it is shown on the pay per view channel.

All revenue is earned through sponsorships. Local corporations sponsor the television companies that broadcast these sports who then play advertisements during the intervals. ESPN and other pay per view channels also have advertisements so they must be being charged a lot to show these sports. Advertising has a large effect on people's minds in influencing consumer 'choice'.
Think Different wrote:I'm guessing that sports betting is a MAJOR source of income for things like boxing. Sports betting is huge business in Vegas, for example.
Betting does not profit sports companies directly but it popularizes them and increases viewers, therefore creating more revenue.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I'm for children playing sports because it's fun and boys need a competitive environment to strive for higher which results in a smarter, more resilient population. The self-esteem movement and the resulting scoreless sports with no winners or losers is a way to dumb down and emasculate the new generation. So I'm for children playing traditional sports (especially football aka soccer) but regulating themselves, not the organized team-sports bullshit popular here. America is one of the few places on earth where kids playing unsupervised is looked down upon as an almost criminal act.

Professional sports are mind control. If UEFA collapsed all the sudden and the 1st division leagues around Europe had a lock-out for a year, there would be revolution. People simply don't have the time to worry about their future and how they're about to get screwed by their governments, especially now with the "European Union" project, because they're too busy worrying about how Real Madrid will do in the Champions League and what player their club will buy during the transfer window.

This shows the corruption of sports and explains the reason for that corruption:
Last edited by odbo on August 2nd, 2012, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.