Spanish or Portuguese?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tonitrus
Freshman Poster

Spanish or Portuguese?

Post by Tonitrus »

I can only take classes in one or the other and I want to know which one the users of Happier Abroad would choose if faced with this decision. I can't do both.
Last edited by Tonitrus on September 5th, 2011, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

adria2789
Freshman Poster

Post by adria2789 »

I think Spanish will take you further. It is spoken in about 21 countries and has about 417 million speakers, I believe. But if you have your heart set on Brazil or another Portuguese speaking country, then Portuguese. Plus, Spanish and Portuguese are romance languages, so if you know Spanish, Portuguese will come a bit easier for you to learn.
"Preservation of one's own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures." - Cesar Chavez
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

both
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
crazyaboutabroad
Freshman Poster

Post by crazyaboutabroad »

Spanish. Portuguese won't get you anywhere. It's a horrible language by the way.

Ps: I'm brazilian.
Searching my new place where i'll be millionaire and loved.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

I myself learned Spanish but that's because I live in Mexico.

I would say Spanish would be more useful for you if your goal is to find foreign women. Assuming you're an American, then Mexico is right across the southern border. If you don't want a Mexican, then there are about 20 other Spanish-speaking countries.

Portuguese on the other hand is spoken mainly in Portugal and Brazil. The main problem with Brazil is that US citizens require a visa to travel there, unlike most Spanish-speaking countries where having a US passport allows you instant entry. I once considered going to Brazil but the visa requirement made me decide against it.

However, if you really do want a Brazilian woman (or even a Portuguese woman) learn Portuguese.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

crazyaboutabroad wrote:Spanish. Portuguese won't get you anywhere. It's a horrible language by the way.

Ps: I'm brazilian.
i like português better even though i speak español just as good.there are just too damb many ways to speak spanish i at least i have the slang from brasil pretty much down but there are so many versions and chopped up versions of the spainish language. i speak plane text book spanish i can be understood every where but i can't understand every one i understand south american,central american spanish fine but when it comes to the caribbean spanish i can get lost those folks do what ever the hell they want with spanish i can be irritating
Last edited by skateboardstephen on September 28th, 2011, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

what the hell.....dude...BOTH,,,,go for BOTH !!!!.

BRAZILIAN WOMEN ARE SUPER AWESOME just like argentinian, colombian, mexican ( if you like big asses your gonna love latin america ). i would prefer to learn spanish first. you can go to different countries with this one language.
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

Spanish first!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

jeinmy_paul wrote:Spanish first!!!!
I agree. It's just more useful than Portuguese. More people speak Spanish than Portuguese in the world.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Definitely Spanish if you're thinking about spending some time in any country in Latin America other than Brazil. If you heart is set on spending time in Brazil then Portuguese.